The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I guess curiosity got the better of me, but seriously donā€™t even glance.

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been seeing a lot of Cyberpunk 2077 stuff lately and while I disliked the game and ended up disgusted with Silverhand, I still wish that this like this were available:

Iā€™d get that body in a heartbeat! Or in this case, a clock cycle.

@amal, is the FlexMT discontinued for re-work like the other large flexes?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s being reworked againā€¦ taking another approach actually

3 Likes

The comments are wayyyy worse.

2 Likes

With the upcoming update some things have changed about how the implants are saved so the old save wouldnā€™t be compatible.
I was hesitating wether I should write some code down to load the old save and convert it to the new format or if itā€™s fine to skip that given the small amount of users who already have added their info in there.
I guess that comment tips the balance, Iā€™m going to make it backwards compatible.

2 Likes

I also have mine saved

2 Likes

OR
We can easily take a screenshots and manually transfer it after the updates, saving you the time and effort allowing you to work on the important stuff.

I shouldnā€™t speak on behalf of other people, but Iā€™m happy to, itā€™s a very minor inconvenience and will only take a matter of minutes.

Could I request (if it is possible) the abilty to add a custom implant and add a custom image

You can do that :wink: you add a custom product in the products catalog and then you can select it as an upgrade when creating one.

Yeah, that was the other option but that backwards compatibility is something I need to figure out and delaying it is not going to help. ZINC is not finished by far so things are most likely going to change a few more times. I canā€™t keep wiping peopleā€™s data over and over on a published app.

That said Iā€™m still not sure how to handle that code wise. The save files are serialized classes. When these classes change they obviously donā€™t deserialize anymore. Either I keep the old class and make a quick conversion or a do some manual de-serializationā€¦

1 Like

Cheers, I had worked all that out, except the image, I was hoping there was a way to add an image that was not by a url.
I tried to direct it to an image path in my phone, to no avail.

I guess I can just add it to dropbox and create a url from there

1 Like

Thatā€™s your best bet for now.

The android file explorer and file access has become a nightmare to deal with with the privacy obsession of these last years. Until I take the time to figure it out urls are sooo much easier.

Another option is for you to drop the image in the appā€™s data folder with the proper name and it will find it but I need to check and document that.

2 Likes

This lady, has a point.

7 Likes
1 Like

So question. I want to place the chip from an NFC card onto a smaller coil (1cm diameter). If I remove the chip from the card and resolder it to the coil, does it matter which side is soldered to which end of the coil tips? Both the original chip and the reused coil are 13.56 mhz.

The coil is being reused from another coil/chip finished product so I shouldnā€™t need to recalculate length of the coil etc. Iā€™m literally just replacing the chip with a different one and perhaps reshaping the coil.

There is no polarity with the antenna so it doesnā€™t matter which intend the lead you solder to which side of the chip. I wouldnā€™t say though that thereā€™s no need to recalculate anything because NFC chips come in all kinds of different capacitance values which means the inductance value of the antenna must match the capacitance to resonate at the proper 13.56 MHz. Is the other product you are using the coil from also using the same exact chip? If so then there should be no problem. If not, thereā€™s a good chance it wonā€™t work right. Now, it might work but it might not work very well. Performance might be garbage.

1 Like

@amal Thanks. No itā€™s not a like for like chip, so I may well have to recheck the capacitance in that case then.

1 Like

I gave it a quick try and couldnā€™t figure it out, so to anyone whoā€™s smarter than me:

Is something like this possible with the Mifare Classic structure?

[=] ---------------- Listing ----------------
[=]  00 MAD v1
[=]  01 [484D] Access Control [HID Global]
[=]  02 [E103] NFC applications [NXP Semiconductors]
[=]  03 [E103] continuation
[=]  04 [E103] continuation
...etc...

In other words, could you format part of the card for NDEF and continue using the other bits for whatever else? I thought that sort of thing was the idea behind their MAD system

Technically yes but again Mifare chips are not NFC compliantā€¦ so everything here is not based on any standard. Behavior will likely be unreliable across various devices.

1 Like

Paint drips on the hand railing from above formed into a kind of sitting cat shape. Every time I go down to the lab and my hand passes over it and I feel it slide under, I think Iā€™m petting the lab cat :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Maybe get a real one? I think its a signā€¦

3 Likes