The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I suspect that the cheers thing came with an update that potentially patched vulnerabilities and fixed bugs. But losing one day because of it must be infuriating!

Iā€™m not sure if the regular status requires 90 consecutive days, I think that itā€™s just being extremely active but I could be wrong and defer to the forum AI for clarification.

2 Likes

@LabRat
I have some answers for you

We have had this discussion a few times, and indeed the counter is weird.
A person will show they have missed a day, when they havenā€™t.
They freak out but then the ship rights itself.

You can see here, that a couple of guys have missed a couple of days within the year, except myself with 366 days (probably a time zone thing) and enginerd is all good, Az MAY be alright, but could have missed a day or 2.
The best I can do (and you guys also) is check the quarter and see there are no missing days, then watch the year counter total, and when your 362 days becomes 363, then 364, you are back on track.

Why 362 you ask?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like you may have missed (or discourse has missed) a couple of visits
Mine vs yours

I cant be certain, but I dont think this is the case, at least not soley

Nah, I think we are all invested, and bummed for you.

Discourse can be a temperamental bitch sometimes.

Your quarter is perfect, so now just keep an eye on your year, but remembering, it may fuck with you on occasion, but it should only be out by a day, or maybe 2.

And heres where you are at on the DT Forum

YOU ARE SMOKING THOSE REQUIREMENTS, AND EASILY DESERVING OF REGULAR STATUS

Also, if you like stats.
Heres arguably the most important one
Your Cheers counter

Screenshot_20240609_070706_DuckDuckGo

1 Like

I mean, I have the achievement already:

That doesnā€™t change the fact that Iā€™m fully addicted to this forum.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure everyone whoā€™s aiming for that badge would be equally upset/confused at the system dropping days, certainly they have been in the past.

I know Iā€™d be complaining if the system made me restart on the ever elusive 5-year ā€œCrazed Fanaticā€ badge

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m lost, how do I track how many consecutive consecutive days I have.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the forumā€™s menu

Pilgrim posted pics a while ago:

Youā€™re at 357 this year

Well, thatā€™s total days, not consecutive days

1 Like

That one is awarded once your brain fully integrates into Amalā€™s dial system and itā€™s not defined by time spent on the forum. Although at that point, youā€™ll practically live hereā€¦

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am well aware of how it works. The other days I am missing were not a glitch, they were days I had to be away from the forum and they would have been cleared by October. I was about 8 months into a clear run.

As I mentioned, I know it goes out of phase every so often and no longer get a panicky feeling when the week goes to 6 because I understand why it happens but the 6 day week has gone over the margin of error catch-up gap so I now know that the new consecutive year target will end in a year, less a few days.

Which sucks because in all likelihood I fell into the narrow update time gap that I couldnā€™t foresee.

No PM, I donā€™t like stats, particularly when they turn a non-competitive field into a competitive one, so donā€™t even get me started on the effing ā€œCheersā€ lead table!

I only liked the 365 consecutive days badge as a solely personal challenge to my ability to stick to something.

But, as I said, Iā€™m done with it. Even starting to annoy myself by how much importance I have given this. Time to talk about something else.

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna need that Sovol SV08, arenā€™t I? I wonder how they did the hands?

2 Likes

Okā€¦ causes avatars are someoneā€™s literal identity to me on this forumā€¦ and itā€™s bugged me for a while

@Hamspiced

Wtf is your avatar?
I keep staring at it, like I swear I know what it is, but itā€™s never fully right

I keep thinking itā€™s a spicy clacker, or a fuse for a spicy baseball

1 Like

Itā€™s the plunger from a Cherry MX mechanical keyboard switch:

Clear

2 Likes

Sigh of relief

ā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m concerned or amused that my first is explosives component haha

1 Like

So close.

Itā€™s the stem and spring from a holy panda. Kinda a controversial switch in the keyboard community.

It was the logo I had made for my little electronics shop that I never got off the ground so I use it for everything to make myself feel better about paying someone to make me a logo.

4 Likes

Totally valid and I get thatā€¦ was just always smoulding in my brain trying to figure it out lol and k finally caved

My wife caught part of this exchange whilst I was trying to word itā€¦ so now sheā€™s wants to know how a switch is controversialā€¦ I have suggestions but am curious on your wording lol

2 Likes

You have a colorful imagination right thereā€¦

1 Like

The holy panda is like people saying they know how to get a mew under the truck in the og Pokemon.

It was originally the stem from an input club halo and the housing of a panda. Super sought after frankenswitch of the mech keyboard world.

Well, they went defunct and clones started popping up everywhere. Glorious hit the market with, ā€œguys we did itā€ and claimed they bought the original dies from cherry that made the stems so they are now the only people that can create and call the switch the holy panda. But there were big inconsistencies in the comparison between the two. Then Drop.com came and said fuck you we have the real holy panda. And then every one just kept flopping their dicks out for the panda.

So my stem in my logo is based on the original patent files for the stem.

Thanks for asking, in the 4 or so years youā€™re the first to ever ask

4 Likes

Instructions unclear,
Used alcohol, desolderedā€¦
Pcb is now on fire :fire:
Please advise

Lol, I kid, came of just fineā€¦ got most / enough of everything cleaned upā€¦ there will still be some because they globbed glue or some kind of potting on a lower section that is perpetually sticky

As suggested the pcb was marked under the cap, but I think itā€™s marked opposite to what @enginerd was suggestingā€¦ assuming what I googled about the pcb marking standard is correct

So just double checking

1 Like

We see what we want to?
ā€¦ wait no thatā€™s worse somehowā€¦

1 Like

Ok well, I soldered it up as @enginerd suggestedā€¦ no dice

Half tempted to flip it? As a Hail Mary, But thatā€™s probably my dumb talking

I decided to second check the power supplies and the plot thickensā€¦ I was given a 24v 1a power supply for thisā€¦
I thought I ordered a 24v 3a supplyā€¦. But apparently I have a 12v 3aā€¦
ā€¦but the more I try to double check myself Iā€™m less and less sure what the correct voltage is, or where I even got the 3a from because
ā€¦ it had zero power markings on itā€¦ that seems like a :triangular_flag_on_post:

Coincidentallyā€¦ this company is mostly out of business it seemsā€¦ even though you can still buy units here and there
ā€œHyper pet go dog goā€ launcher

2 Likes

Honestly figured it was a 3D printer hot end.

I was into keyboards for a while but got out a few years ago. What made the pandas so special?

1 Like