Proxmark being weird

Also shows the difference in screw holes that is super confusing me right now
d3d98721d94ffc21f4359325c1bc21c331ddc436_2_666x500
Whats been modified here to make it fit?
Oh hang on the lf is a different rev. 5.4 vs 5.0
Actually that might not be a 4. Sorry :joy:

1 Like

It seems the PM3 Easy varies a little bit in design from manufacturer to manufacturer, so I guess that’s just not possible on yours, sorry

I was hoping I could tell which of the posts the antenna was supposed to connect to on yours, but I don’t seem to be able to…

Which pretty much leaves me out of ideas…

The good news however is that there’s a lot of people here who know more than me, so I’m sure someone will chip in with some more things to try soon

One last thing, have you tried the other USB port on the PM3?

Yeah, tried both. Still not sure what the difference is, i feel like i remember somebody saying one was read/write and one was read only or something. Lemme double check i got a successful write quick actually

Yeah looks like it was successful

1 Like

On most PM3’s (All that I’ve seen at least), the port on the long side is just for power for standalone modes, and you have to use the short end to actually communicate with the computer

You’ve got a real fancy and picky PM3 there it seems

1 Like

I swear it wasnt nearly this picky last time i used it :joy: it does give a response with the tune command on both ports though

1 Like

Found the problem. The screws are in fact slightly different lengths, the shorter ones have to go in the middle

2 Likes

Wow, good call!

2 Likes

Also… you had the LF antenna on upside down…

That’s correct but missing screw… but then…

That’s upside down hah… but you must have fixed that when inspecting the lower board.

1 Like

Actually its still upside down :joy:

1 Like

Fixed it for you

:rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe I’m upside down!! Haha I am… the electric connection points are not at the top.

Correct.

1 Like

Huh. So probably a dumb question then, my tuning comes up ok but cant find the low end of my chip (pretty sure it was a next but cant for the life of me remember) but i also know i had issues with it when it was installed. Shouldnt be the prox should it?

1 Like

I know you had an xM1
Which is like the xMagic but without the LF side…

does that help?

How many implants do you have?

1 Like

Wait was it? Would have sworn i picked up one that had 2. Lemme check if i still have an email somewhere, i may be looking for a thing that doesnt exist. I know i debated the next

Not a next, xmagic. There is in fact 2

1 Like

Aha, I know you had a 4 byte UID, HF.

But yep, that also ties in with an xMagic.

I thought you said xM1 at some stage…

Anyway, yep strange you can’t see LF.

The PM3 can be tricky to read LF sometimes.

Press the antenna firmly perpendicularly across the xMagic (with some playing, you’ll be able to work out which end is LF and which is HF)

Use these to help

2 Likes

I had no idea i could run multiple in a row thats awesome. And not only was i holding it in the wrong spot, but the lf seems to not be on the side i thought it was :joy:

Yeah i remember wanting one i could use at work, but also wanting one that did both. Even though i still havent found a use for the lf side :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, here it was

But also xMagic and NExT

I do find it a little funny you are/were not 100% sure what implant(s) you have

Whatyou might find awesome is @Az_F ZINC (<- Link to app)

It’s a great app, I have saved all my implants and install dates on there

Thread

2 Likes

Is that the app that comes with the pico i just ordered? I also found it kinda funny, ive got crippling adhd and when i got my implants i was so convinced id remember forever because how could i possibly forget? Leave it to me :joy:

2 Likes

indeed it is good sir :skull: :chipmunk:

1 Like

Im so excited :joy: took a bit of a break, came back and now i can buy it, shipped yesterday and i cant wait

2 Likes