The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

that is indeed another way of describing stroking a pussy

pareidolia

4 Likes

Name the cat parei.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen this?

Mastercard allow you to add an nfc wearable to an app to link to your banking account to make tokenised payments.

Manage-Mii is the mobile app platform that allows you to control contactless functionality across different wearable device brands supported by DIGISEQ.

@amal Is there an opportunity for DT to collaborate with DIGISEQ to get their implants supported?

3 Likes

I found it
giphy

5 Likes

This one lol

Registered and tried to link an nfc tag but it seems it wonā€™t just accept any old one. Has to be one aupported in

It was mentioned a few months ago

and a follow on in the DT Club

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/re-new-chip-nfc-for-payments-astari-some-info-from-the-manufacturer/20838

this link may be of interest

1 Like

I actually met with them in their London offices in 2018. Itā€™s a standard EMV smartcard chip system. It doesnā€™t use any old NFC, it must be a certified EMV capable smartcard chip.

Again there is no issue with the technology. Apex can totally do payments and has the payment applications already loaded onto the chip. The problem is not related to the partner, the technology, the chips, the terminals, the processor, or even the banks. The problem is squarely that MasterCard and Visa will not allow implants to function as certified payment instruments on their networks.

2 Likes

Is there a Trojan Horse option? Make the apex into a wearable option, irc there was an Apex ring at one point? Therefore, partnering up the ring but making it indistinguishable from the implant, thus allowing the implant to be registered as a wearable?

1 Like

if they find out im sure it wont be nice.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s not worth trying because;

1. they wonā€™t risk their entire relationship with the payment networks for our absolutely miniscule quantities.

2. if they did, the millisecond any payment networks said anything they would deactivate stuff instantaneously and everyone would be screwed.

4 Likes

First glance for me, I read this as meowschwitz

tumblr_lp8xd8RKiz1qi7deco1_r1_500

And

it always stays completly on track and never derailsā€¦much :smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah mate, you guys Ainā€™t not good at communicatorising

plus Kiwis are weird

4 Likes

20230127_101109

I think that the forum AI will like this.

4 Likes

Anyone finding the Chameleon Ultra (or SE version) not detecting their xseries implants?

After watching that video I understand why this was a proposed flag for New Zealand:

2 Likes

If thereā€™s a hill I will die on, itā€™s this. Certain technologies mature, and simply should be left alone. Period. Just cause you make a replacement DOES NOT mean youā€™ve made an improvement.

Which leads me to my current issue. I need a wired Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC. All I can find is cheaply made crap that rarely works even out of the box. The ā€œMicrosoftā€ version is actually made by Power A (for the xbox One), and while itā€™s better, it lasted with light use less than a year. I had a used 360 controller that I got for free that lasted 5-6 years of fairly heavy use.

So, is there anything out there worth bothering with, or should I just stock up on the cheaper version and get used to switching them out when they die.

1 Like

I use this exact Microsoft USB adapter to use my xbox 360 controllers with my PC wirelessly;

I just keep feeding them AA batteriesā€¦ or you can use the wireless but plug in a USB power only adapter if you want to power your controller without batteries.

As for the 360 controllers, I keep an eye out at goodwill and value villageā€¦ thrift and second hand storesā€¦ always snatch them upā€¦ usually for $10 each and many still work great.

Or ebayā€¦ this one looks ok; "A" Official Microsoft Xbox 360 White Wireless Controller Genuine Original OEM | eBay

3 Likes

or theseā€¦ not tested but could be useful for parts and repairs at that priceā€¦ 2 for $20

1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes