The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

First snow of the season over here! Finally!

1 Like

Are you trading in the velo for telemarking to work? :skier:

The velo is a bit of a problem in wet snow. It accumulates in the wheel wells and locks the wheels solid. If that snow stays on the ground tonight, Iā€™ll take the bus tomorrow.

As for skiing, there is in fact a ski track that runs behind my house all the way to my workplace. Trouble is, the surgeon who operated on my knee last year made such a mess of it that I canā€™t ski anymore. So, sadly, no.

Thatā€™s unfortunate

maybeā€¦

1 Like

This is soooo temptingā€¦ :smile:
But honestly, this looks interesting - I would for sure get some custom jewelry made for this, I mean, the hole is already there, why not use it for something nice? :wink:

2 Likes

I donā€™t wear jewelry and I canā€™t figure out what good an RFID implant can possibly be for down there. But if I have to choose something useless to do with it, Iā€™ll take the implant. It might even be a good excuse to make some kind of induction cockring, see if the missus likes it as an aiming beacon in the dark.

A larger skin tunnel in my hand to hold a payment chip is something Iā€™ve been thinking about though.

1 Like

Something that vibrates or glows, yes - would both be fun, in a way :wink:

I just over-read the part with the hand and had quite a funny picture of you, paying somewhere, in my head :smile:

1 Like

Well, it would be quite easy to attach a cellphone motor to it. Hmmā€¦ ideas for bedtime funā€¦

Yeahā€¦no.

1 Like

I just love the creativity of this community.

Is this what you were suggesting I try to mod my gsw into? I honestly still donā€™t understand the bit about the external ligaments

No no, thatā€™s something else entirely. Just a skin tunnel. Sort of a convenience mini-pocket to hold stuff semi-permanently. Nothing functional.

Itā€™s an idea I still have running in my head, although Iā€™ve been warned it would need a lot of maintenance, lest it gets nasty and stinky. Mainly because the one on my third leg requires no maintenance and doesnā€™t get nasty or stinky, so Iā€™m thinking maybe a larger version of it in my hand or wrist wouldnā€™t be as bad as Iā€™ve been told.

It is interesting that it doesnā€™t close up, like a unused piercing

In any event, I do not have a skin tunnel thru my
Wrist, SOLID scar tissueā€¦ almost simulates the missing bones

I should try to find the X-rays a couple years after it happened, interesting to see how then wrist joint fused and compressed

Think I do have a immediately afterwards X-ray

Yes, Iā€™ve always wondered why it stays open - and clean, non-infected, non-nasty or anything. Itā€™s been like that for decades. I wish it was someplace else where it would be more useful.

Sorry for the delay, slept in for the first time in a while.

The DangerousNFC rework is going. Iā€™ve got pretty much all of the fingerprinting logic finished, and Iā€™m working on UI right now. Basically, Iā€™m creating a functional shell right now, and will add tag-specific functionality/commands next (password stuff, DesFire specific stuff, hopefully find a good way to utilize all of the 2KB of memory off the 2K version of the xSIID, etc.).

Itā€™s been a little slow going as Iā€™m in my last year of university and have my senior design project going for an external sponsor, and have less than two months left to finish it. Once that shitā€™s done though, I plan on going 100% into DangerousNFC:)

As for BioCom, Iā€™ve also been working on it if I find any free time that I donā€™t spend on DangerousNFC. I actually just recently pushed an update to it the other day, and plan on making a post in the thread probably today.

4 Likes

Iā€™d use 1Kb NDEF and 1Kb encrypted storage.

2 Likes

Right, so BioCom already has the option to write PGP encrypted text to a tag using OpenKeychainā€™s implementation of OpenPGP, so the next thing is like to do with BioCom is provide multi-record support, so you could do something like what you described. Itā€™ll require a bit of a rework, but I think I have the general design layout figured out, so itā€™s just a matter of free-time. Plus, it may be a minute before I get to it, as I really want to get the DangerousNFC rework done before I do too much more with BioCom.

1 Like

Computer storage space is like houses: the bigger it is, the more you fill it up and it always ends up crowded anyway.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth. I just took the risk and removed the old 8KB NDEF emulator applet on my Flex One Beta and replaced it with a 16KB version last week. Itā€™s now 11KB fullā€¦

I swear I thought Iā€™d never fill up my 1TB hard drive now Iā€™m 2TB deep and have to buy another very soon.

1 Like

Thats cute try a 36tb raid array :sweat_smile:

1 Like