The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

at least I specified :smile: be a bit odd if I was calling 30C cold

1 Like

I do. And when I once quoted a temperature in perfectly metric Kelvins, I got flak, which goes to show Celsius is just as arbitrary as the other two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why not rankine?
It’s more scientific and still Fahrenheit :slight_smile:

All I have to say is. Why does that exist?

1 Like

They used the metric system

Gawd

I just watched snow piecer for the first time last night, pretty fucked
 and then the deeper social meanings and symbolism
 Jesus

But yea
 I don’t care what the writer says, humanity is extinct 3 weeks after the train crash

2 Likes

Movie or TV Series?

2 Likes

Movie

1 Like

look what i got today :laughing:

11 Likes

have they tho? any Chinese citizens stomped around up there?

Well they “landed”, meme didn’t say anything about ‘walking on’ or landing humans :wink:

Then Japan has “landed” on an asteroid? You might be right about OP but come on
 :slight_smile: By this standard, I have “landed” in (like, inside) thousands and thousands of people. ew.

3 Likes

Technically to have landed, you’d have to have had your feet off the ground too :wink:
Wasn’t trying to be a dick though, the meme was just worded in a way that was asking to be picked apart on a technicality!

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

mask

1 Like

getting a badge for bragging about getting a badge
 that’s a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s badge-ception

3 Likes

Dutch is German without the crazy declensions - and with one handy consonant to clear your throat while you speak depending on which part of the country you live in :slight_smile:

I’m currently trying to learn Dutch (yeah, non-professional way with a smartphone app :wink: ), and I think it is relatively easy for me, as a native German speaker. I think the grammar is actually pretty similar - good for me, I’m terrible at learning grammar - and lots of words have at least some resemblance. Still, it is a language of its own and not some “dialect” of German or such
 one could as well say that German is a dialect of Dutch :smile:

The second language I’m currently learning is Icelandic - the most unchanged nordic language of all, as far as I know, and that’s really hard for me. Grammar is so different from what I know, and if you think Dutch has some funny-sounding consonants, there is a lot more of that in Icelandic :smile:

3 Likes