The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

woah

I donā€™t know if anybody has done a
ā€œPatriotic Installā€

And Iā€™m very surprisedā€¦

merica

@ShaakPsi has an example of something similar (traffic light colours) :vertical_traffic_light: which looks awesome

also the video demonstration

Have you thought of a location for placement yet?

@JPlowman Iā€™m looking forward to seeing yours when you have installed.
Donā€™t forget to check out and share yours in here

1 Like

Thank yā€™all for the welcome and the suggested reading. I had read most of that information prior to my magnet install. Iā€™m very happy with it, and itā€™s healing nicely. This evening will be 48 hours, and the swelling is almost completely gone.

For my next plans with the 3 xSIIDs, I am not planning on placing them together like the above stop light. Although that is a great idea. I am currently planning on putting one in each hand at the number 2 location referenced on the Implant Sutra thread. The third Iā€™m considering what has been referred in the Implant Sutra thread asā€¦

The Nether Regions:

I believe from what Iā€™ve read having a xSIID at location 2 and and a future NExT or equivalent in location 0 would not interfere. I definitely still have much to learn. Everything Iā€™ve read about the Proxmark 3, cloning, and such is like a foreign language to me. I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge compiled here. Yā€™all rock!

2 Likes

Ah damn I missed a few daysā€¦ hopefully in the beginning :slight_smile:

I can tell you, that you have visited 357 days in the last 365 days
AND
You have done 357 days in the lastā€¦since you joined
So according to the Forum, it looks like you havenā€™t missed any daysā€¦
:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

But I joined 365 days ago and only habe 357

:man_shrugging:
I was just going off the user stats.

this is your
ALL TIME VISITS (Since joining)

this is your
IN THE LAST 365 DAYS VISITS (As at today)

The Forum seems to count unusually, and you are more likely to be correctā€¦so again :man_shrugging:

ā€œmagnets have been reported to last on average five years implanted into finger extremities before body heat reduces the effectiveness of the implantā€

Anyone interested in fixing the magnet implant wikipedia page? Iā€™m pretty sure this is a mistake, the article they linked describes something that sounds more like a coating failure.

Or is this real? Will my titan die in 5 years from body heat?!

Man Iā€™m in love with vacuum tube tech. Thereā€™s just something special about it. One of my long time projects thatā€™s shelved is to make an x-ray machine (that I wouldnā€™t use for any body parts I should point out) since you can order the x-ray tubes on eBay without any real hassle (last I checked)

But itā€™s one of those projects where Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll ever get around to it

Hmmmm Iā€™m not sure myself but it doesnā€™t sound right. They will weaken over time at elevated temp, but at body temp over 5 years (which is pretty short all things considered)? Idk about that. Generally the curie point for most magnetic materials is >100Ā°C (thatā€™s a huge generalization and there are probably exceptions Iā€™m sure but just for broad statements sake Iā€™ll say itā€™s fine in this context).

This is a cover for the fact that silicone magnets fail over time due to corrosion. Temperatures in the extremities are even lower than say, the mouth, where dental magnetic denture implants last a lifetime.

2 Likes

Like this?

1 Like

I probably wouldnā€™t get that since too much risk. I was more thinking the ones from the 50ā€™s 60ā€™s 70ā€™s. But my God thatā€™s an awesome piece

The Curie Temperature for neodymium magnets (the point at which a magnet loses its magnetic properties) is around 310ā€“400 degrees celcius/590ā€“752 farenheit per the wikipedia. Methinks if your body ever gets that hot, you have other more important problems to worry about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sortaā€¦ curie point is odd for magnets because it is a calculated value based on shape and mass of the magnetā€¦ smaller mags tend to have lower CPsā€¦ but yeah itā€™s still way way above what even a feverish body temp could ever get to.

Magnets do also lose strength due to heat well before their CP though too. They do recover once the temperature comes down with only a very small amount of loss (<1% typically) but even still the temperature required to even notice this temporary loss of strength is still quite highā€¦ well above core body temp.

Oh boy. It also bit you. I ordered 2 NExTā€™s a while back and an xG3 and before theyā€™re even installed I ordered 2 xsiidā€™s God my wallet hates me.

1 Like

But Iā€™m sure Amal loves you :heart:

1 Like

The nether regions

A real tap and pay ;^)

Have fun with your xSIIDs. I donā€™t do much LF stuff, so my xSIID is by far my favorite implant. Blinkies :heart:

3 Likes

LF is useful when you need it. But to put it in the simplest way possible
Man see blinky light. Man want blinky light. Man get blinky light (also God if I can load my credit card onto it that would be amazing)
Super excited to put them in. Thinking putting one in each forearm or something like that. I though fingers but it wouldnā€™t be conducive to my lifestyle (unless itā€™s maybe on the dorsal side of the proximal phalanges)

I just havenā€™t had many opportunities to use LF. Nothing in my life uses it (work badges or anything), and for my own projects, I like working with HF. Compared to HF boards like PN532 breakouts, LF arduino stuff feels cludgy. Iā€™ve got an xACv2, but havenā€™t had a good use for it yet.

Yeah, glassies in fingers are never usually a great idea. Some have managed the xG3, but I wouldnā€™t risk it.

Could always do knife-edge as well, thatā€™s a good location for presenting to readers. Not sure how well blinkies would show though, the skin is thicker.