The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

So I found out yesterday that the APEX Nano is a thing.

2 Likes

Good luck fitting that under your skin hahah

3 Likes

Woohoo! #10

10 Likes

Congratulations. I just hit aficionado (although my phone started suggesting addiction for some reason)

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 284 days, really hoping I didnā€™t miss a day on my tripā€¦

3 Likes

If you havenā€™t seen it or voted yet, I have just added a voting poll in the Review of Dangerous Things Thread, to complement ( not replace ) the comments in the thread.
The link below will take you directly to the Pollā€¦

3 Likes

Holy shit :sweat_smile: ngl I very much enjoyed her youtube videos. And anyone who shoves an xg3 into a finger tip gets respect.
@SurvivalMistakes

1 Like

:astonished:
one of us one of us

Judge Pini told her: "I accept that you had no malicious intent to cause deliberate harm to anybody or to damage property

Thatā€™s good they have taken that into account

ā€œ A bomb disposal team was called in and nearby homes were evacuated, with local residents unable to return for several hoursā€

All for a glorified m80

Me with a pound of Tannerite just chilling on my desk shelf, more or less just as a paperweight
Granted, itā€™s a binary explosive,So itā€™s perfectly stable in its current config, but still eyeroll
(Also legal I suppose is important)

The mistake was forgetting that they lived in a country thatā€™s so over the top that they have tried to ban pointed kitchen knives

Iā€™m not sure the concept of survival, which inherently involves dangerous things and concepts, is capable of coexistence in a nanny state

It is complicated in the US too though. There are activities which are illegal, so while you can make your own explosives, you canā€™t transport or store them without a licence. So the fact that she had some compounds like nitroglycerine in a cupboard would be illegal in the US (at the federal level).

Seems like an incredibly harsh sentence to me.

As kids we used to run around the woods with airguns and knives, blowing up random stuff with ā€˜illegalā€™ french firecrackers. Under the current application of law we would probably have been charged with terrorism offences at age 13. The most malicious thing we ever did was when we shortened the fuse on a banger, stuck it in a cow pat and got a lad to light it.

Feels very much like they have tried to make an example of her and quite litterally thrown everything they could get to stick at her.

1 Like

Illegal electric fly-swatter?! :roll_eyes:

Thank god they caught that. Who knows what kind of untold damage could have been caused with an illegal fly-swatter. Someone could have been slightly surprised by a tiny shock seriously injured!

1 Like

Isnā€™t marijuana legal in some states but illegal federally.

If that is correct, that is some serious mixed messages.

2 Likes

Yup! Itā€™s fucking weird. Itā€™s one of the few things where the federal government has outlawed something and the states are like, ā€œpffft. naw.ā€

Itā€™s really supposed to be the other way where the federal government is more permissive and states can restrict things.

2 Likes

Legal for recreational purposes in 18 states, medicinally in 36 statesā€¦ Technically though you commit a federal crime if you go to Washington, buy some cannabis and take it over the state border to Oregon. Even though it is legal for recreational purposes in both states.

It is messy.

4 Likes

unless somebody has a good iOS reccomendation option for youā€¦

I use Timbre on Android, is is quite a handy and very simple to use tool, I just had a look and it doesnā€™t look like there is iOS version.
If you want to DM me ( Or dropbox link etc ) the .mov files, it is as simple as opening the file on timbre choosing the file format I want to save it as, press go and its done

Screenshot_20210709-121333_Timbre

Timbre makes use of the popular FFmpeg library, the industrial standard of audio and video editing. Using FFmpeg codecs allows Timbre to support a wide variety of media types and not only that, the FFmpeg plugin is super fast and high quality. And guess what? Thereā€™s a raw FFmpeg console built right into the app so that you can edit and fine tune the quality of all your songs and videos!

Supported video formats: mp4, avi, flv, mov, webm, mkv, mpeg

https://timbre-app.com/

Little side note, of something I found out only a few years ago, when I had a player that did not like .mkv files, BUTIf you simply change the extension to .mp4 it worksā€¦you little fucken ripper :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this you @Satur9