The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

1.37" is still not bad for a tag that size.

1 Like

Never mind the length, whatā€™s the circumference?
:unicorn_shock_surprise:

1 Like

itā€™s not the physical aspects of the tag, itā€™s how you use it.

6 Likes

Are you sure you canā€¦ handle it?

If anyone wants it, let me know ND I will send it off.

Iā€™ll leave that to your wife. :grin:

2 Likes

I posted about mine a little while back:

Itā€™s extremely fun to light up my xSIID using my toothbrush haha

2 Likes

I did not know I could do that.

Doesnā€™t your mouth feel amazing?

1 Like

Indeed. By far the best toothbrush Iā€™ve owned, my oral hygiene has been much better since I bought it.

Their app could use a little tweaking, but itā€™s still cool to be able to have it guide me through each section of my teeth, making sure I donā€™t miss any spots.

1 Like

I donā€™t use the app

I had one of this style a few years ago in Cali. It got stolen from our car.

So my wife bought the 2 for $80 at Costco, and it wasnā€™t the same. After 3 years of wanting one, I bought one again. So worth it.

Well, good newsā€¦ I wasnā€™t sure I would get full use of the apex since I donā€™t run Android

But I donā€™t care what apple is looking for, this whole ā€œscanningā€ my phones content thing, is waaay to far for me

I miss the ā€œ :fu:no we wonā€™t give you a back doorā€ apple from yesteryear

I see a return to Android in my future, I mostly stuck with it for system compatibility with the rest of the familyā€¦ but that shit ainā€™t worth it

4 Likes

I recently made the switch back to android, couldnā€™t be happier

2 Likes

The Pixel 6 is looking like itā€™ll be terrific, supposed to come out in 2 months.

Iā€™ve been very happy with my Pixel 4a for the price. Iā€™d say, if you donā€™t have anything against Google in particular, a Pixel is a good way to go if youā€™re coming from an iPhone. Itā€™s the only thing comparable to the iOS experience in terms of refinement.

I dunno. Iā€™ve been loving my Note 20. Everything feels so seamless and fluid. That might just be because I came from Huawei though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Specifically whatā€™s good about it?

Honestly, I just want a good nfc, and hopefully top mounted, not middle of the back, thatā€™s just a awkward placement

Pixel phones are as close to a pure Android experience as you can get. They donā€™t have the bloat and needless stuff that other people throw on top of the OS

That sounds pleasing

What are the chances of getting a nfc unlock happening?

I kinda Accepted I wouldnā€™t have it on apple but android presents options I suppose

Damnā€¦ I WAS looking forward to playing with apple tags

An official implementation? Next to none. Iā€™ve been working on a Tasker script on and off for the past month to allow a secure NFC unlock. Iā€™ll post about it if I can get it completed, but itā€™s a very hacky workaround.

Software upgrades directly from google is the biggest thing for me. Many android phones donā€™t get updates for up to a year after a new Android version releases, and the length of software support tends to be quite terrible as well. My 4a was guaranteed at least 3 years of updates, and the 6 is supposed to have 5 years. My previous Samsung got only got 2 updates, and my last Motorola (G7 Power) only got one major update.

They also have no carrier bloatware. I bought mine factory unlocked, so thereā€™s no garbage on it, and I can take it to any carrier I want. My previous phone was stuck with Facebook and Uber installed until I rooted it.

Google allows for the bootloader to be unlocked simply in the developer settings, meaning that rooting and third-party ROMs arenā€™t reliant on some kind of software exploit like with Samsung and KNOX. This also means that even after Google ends support, new ROMs (like LineageOS) can be updated and installed.

The cameras are also insanely good on Pixel phones, even the budget ones. The 4a camera beats the S20 Ultra in some reviews, due to the photo processing onboard, despite being less than 1/4 of the price.

Regarding NFC Unlock: not likely. Thereā€™s some apps that fake it, by having a second lock screen essentially, but this is easy to bypass. The support for it in Smart Lock was completely ripped out. It might be possible with a third-party ROM, but it would be a lot of work. Not sure if anyone is up to the commitment.

Thatā€™s fair, better to temper my expectations now

I knew it wasnā€™t really a thing anymore but didnā€™t know the details

Personally weā€™ve been quite happy with OnePlus. No bloat on OxygenOS, and decent long-term support for security updates.

1 Like