The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

I lost my wallet yesterday. That will never happen again. I’m not carrying one any more. Period

2 Likes

Speaking of cat microchipping, here’s an odd one that happened to me the other day:

My mom wanted to adopt a cat. Okay, so we looked in the classified, found a cat, called the owner and all that jazz. The owner said the cat was vaccinated but not cut and not chipped.

So I swung by the vet on my way to work and requested an appointment to sterilize the cat and chip it. The lady there looked at me with a puzzled look on her face:

“Why do you want to chip it?”
“Well, so that if the cat gets lost and found, somebody knows whose it is of course.”
“Yeah but
 Why would you want that?”

Super-perplexed now
 Why on Earth would the vet tell me that?

“Er
 In every country I’ve lived, cats must be chipped by law. And people who care about their pet usually do it. Don’t people do that in Finland?” I asked
“Well, no!” she replied “Here you’re not supposed to let cats out. If the cat is found and traced back to you, you get a fine. People usually don’t chip their cats if they intend to let them out.”

Oh

Right, Finland

5 Likes

Good spotting, especially if you needed a manicure :nail_care:

1 Like

By law In NZ Microchipping is required for all dogs registered, with the exception of working farm dogs

Cats are not required to

1 Like

Well what I told her wasn’t true. Not all countries I lived required cats to be chipped. But I wanted to make a point, not discuss the finer details of veterinary laws and regs around the world with the lady :slight_smile: But required or not, chipping pets make total sense if you’re a pet owner
 if they go out of course.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: My DIY LED tag
well the electronics anyway

Or escape through your legs when you opened a door.

Just because a pet is outside doesn’t mean that it was let outside.

2 Likes

Did he just steal our Soonℱ ???

1 Like

Have you guys seen https://novemm.com?
VivoKey Apex Wearable partner

7 Likes

So fashion, much wow

Is it the same chip that’s going into the Vivokey Flex/Mega?
P71 right?

1 Like

Not only that, it’s probably the exact same software aswell.
A legit VivoKey Apex, but as band/ring, not implant.

Cool, I’d almost get one. But, I’ll eventually be getting the implant when it comes out.

Yeah, but I think it’s still nice for all of us because it covers a way bigger market so VivoKey makes more money to spend on cool implant projects.
Also good for friends who dont really like the whole implantation process.

1 Like

Are they really friends then? really?.. :laughing:

But yeah, I get what you mean.

3 Likes

Not really
 for one reason
 he said “well, I know exactly when” 
 with the patent-pending Dangerous Things Soonℱ, nobody knows exactly when
 including us!

4 Likes

I hate to say I told you so but

Fixed it.

Lol you folks are so impatient. Amal’s been waiting and working 5+ years and you’re giving up hope after a few months.

3 Likes

I’m not giving up. I’m just impatient. I know the Apex will come SOONℱer than it feels like.