The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

The ad-ocalypse on YouTube really ruined peoples confidence in making stable money off of YouTube. I hate how many in video ads there are now, but I know people need the income.

Itā€™s like the old adage
ā€œI went to the fights the other night and a game of Hockey broke outā€

ā€œI was watching some ads, and a video started playingā€

Do you know what videos I have been watching that dont get interrupted by adsā€¦

These ones

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing this video nonstop while Iā€™m at work. Usually if Iā€™m Active on here Iā€™m at work.

2 Likes

I get that, and on many videos, I donā€™t mind the ads too much. Well I do to be honest, especially when the content creator goes out of their way to weave them cleverly into the narrative, so that by the time you realize theyā€™ve switched to the money-making part of the video, youā€™ve already wasted 30 seconds of your life.

But in the case of LPL, he doesnā€™t use interesting content and advertise his products in it: he actually carefully select the subject IN ORDER to plug something. And itā€™s not interesting at all: always the same crap padlocks to sell his jigglers, car ignition locks to sell his Lishi tools (thank God he finally gave the fucking Lishi tools a rest incidentally)ā€¦ And here in his latest video, he ā€œrevisitsā€ a fingerprint scanner, but the sole purpose of his ā€œrevisitingā€ is to sell his magnet.

It sort of grinds my gears a bit.

1 Like

Donā€™t use scissors to cut things, that are meant to be cut with other things kids.

1 Like

Ohhh, ouchyā€¦Thats a good amount of blood.
Any stitches needed?

Hey BPV, Show us your gash :wink:

If you were watching videos instead of playing silly buggers, that wouldnā€™t have happenedā€¦Just Sayinā€™

Iā€™m going to stop dropping these :arrow_heading_up: link now, It was funny ( to me ) at first, now Iā€™m starting to annoy myself. :rofl:

So the last one ( for a while )

1 Like

I havenā€™t watched LPLā€™s videos in quite a while. Iā€™m sad to hear that its like that now though. i always liked his content.

1 Like

Do you know what you SHOULD watchā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Yeah it is really sad. Oh well, there are other good pickers who still do locksport videos.

1 Like

I have always been a fan of BosnianBill, I donā€™t know why he isnā€™t AS popular as LPL.

Hmm well, BosnianBill has gone dark. Looks like he only makes private videos for his Patreon supporters or something. At least thatā€™s my understanding from one of his last videos.

Iā€™m honestly surprised the view count isnā€™t higher already.

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t realise, I just watch
I donated a few years agoā€¦I guess like it still counts

I canā€™t snap the pic quick enough. Yeah. Will likely get a stitch.

Just bleeds instantly

1 Like

bugger-benedict

2 Likes

Almost a cm thick? Ish

1 Like

I will see if I can tape whatever they do. I imagine 2 or 3 stitches and a butterfly

2 Likes

Ooohhhh, PRETTY :butterfly:

butterfly-abugslife

1 Like

I like Deviant Ollamh (not always security related, sometimes he talks about food and drink). He kind of shills stuff for his store but itā€™s not irritating, unlike LPL who has definitely switched to ā€œYou could use any pick, but Iā€™m using this one that we sell on our websiteā€

The other one I like is the not so civil engineer. He has been less active recently (since he started working for LPL) but his videos are very educational.

Neither of these are pure locksport as they both work as physical pen testers, but they are interesting none the less.

1 Like

I donā€™t really mind LPL becoming what heā€™s become

His content isnā€™t really locksport to me, itā€™s a running compilation of really shitty locks and security products that are laughable

Itā€™s not good content for recurring, but more sporadic lulz

Most of his viewers donā€™t want to watch the struggle but laugh at the 5 second bypasses

I do genuinely love his covert companion, and am super pumped about the new turning tool module for it, say what you will about the standard lock pick stuff every lock pick store hasā€¦ thatā€™s a fairly new and decent toolā€¦ if a bit spendy