The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yea I donā€™t think Iā€™d want to mess with thoseā€¦

A nice newly manufactured one maybe, but Iā€™ve know enough to steer clear personally

1 Like

Eh, at the end of the day, I would either not care it malfunctioned, or I would be collecting that disability.

Either way Iā€™d be alright.

Iā€™m fine with a lot of sketchy things, explosives not so much lol

Plus thereā€™s sabotaged munitions floating around that was left to be salvaged,

My luck Id decide to try the frag, that was swapped with a smoke fuse

Not to mention, sometimes you get fucked upā€¦ but donā€™t get disability

Yeah Iā€™m fine with real sketch things. No problem there. Prolly not the best for me.

Sure, but it was the same ones he had to shoot.

Fair, might not. But still.

Still would shoot it today. You make a great point, not trying to say there is no risk. I just donā€™t care that much about it malfunctioning

Itā€™s weird the lines you draw,

Iā€™ve probably done equally stupid stuff, and didnā€™t blink and eye, but another situation is some how different

1 Like

Geeā€¦ I purchased 2 RFID readers from a vendor in the Czech Republic (only vendor that sells those in RS232 version in Europe), and itā€™s taking forever to arrive. This is the second time I order from them and it took even longer the first time. The Czech post really is the slowest shipper in Europe:

It spent 19 days at flotsam in the Baltic drifting up to Helsinki apparently. I guess itā€™s cheaper to pitch it into the sea and hope the currents go in the right direction than load it onto a boat :slight_smile:

I see the problem. They got their month / day in the wrong order. Thatā€™ll bork shipping for sure. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Do shipments like that have to go through some sort of customs? Or since both countries are part of the EU is it supposed to be quicker?

Youā€™d think that - and this one went straight through, to my surprise. But the first order I made from that Czech supplier was intercepted by customs and they charged me VAT on it. Hey, why notā€¦ Itā€™s not like Iā€™m gonna refuse it, right? So itā€™s essentially free money for those thieves. Can you tell I hate customs?

At least they canā€™t apply import duties since the Czech Republic is part of the Eurozone.

Their being in Europe doesnā€™t guarantee a speedy delivery though. In fact, Iā€™ve had stuff coming from China faster than from Czechia. Their postal services are just terrible.

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly not surprised But youā€™d think they wouldnā€™t be charging VAT and putting packages within the eurozone through customs.
I thought the whole point of the EU was to make things like customs between neighboring countries not needed.

Europe has many advantages for its residents. I live here and Iā€™m not complaining: itā€™s really the best place ever.

But Iā€™ll you a secret: like everywhere else, it really only profits the rich. We peons get to pay and pay, and then pay some more, while the rich exploit the system for all itā€™s worth because they can. Free flow of goods and capital is for them, not for you. Europe is just the least revolting place where this occurs.

1 Like

Oh you donā€™t have to tell me Iā€™m an American/Scottish millennial. Iā€™m trying to convince my gf to move to Scotland with me. Scotlandā€™s doing marginally better than the US.

Scotland got swept up in the whole Brexit debacle against their will. Personally, I predict another referendum sooner than later and their rejoining the EU.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve tried a couple immediately after Brexit, but Teressa May blocked new referendums. But I agree that itā€™s only a matter of time till Scotland leaves the UK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_3SCssMqS6_4Ipkx65v_xlYZ1kpqncK/view?usp=drivesdk

8 Likes

Just a random link to Google driveā€¦sure why not click it :wink:

Looks like somebody has been busyā€¦
There are going to be a few excited people here with questionsā€¦

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

IS THAT AN ARGB BLINKY?
shocked5

2 Likes

I do wonder if itā€™s a somehow controllable RGB, or simply a slow flasher type bulb
Either way is absolutely awesome though