The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Got that Amazon rfid/nfc padlock

So far not looking good
I canā€™t scan the access card, so likely mifare classic? Iā€™ll dig out my proxmark in a few

And using my detector card and field diagnostic card show a super weak field, the detector card barely illuminates, and the diagnostic refuses to light up

Interestingly the stock access cards are THIC, and pop open with a bit more than an inch air gapā€¦ so there IS definitely a field

edit 1
Was able to program a mifare iso card, so not looking to be nfc as claimedm

edit 2
I was able to get a ntag 215 fob enrolledā€¦
Maybe I can enroll my purewristā€¦ it clearly wonā€™t read my x series but maybe the flex is big enough

edit 3
I wasnā€™t actually enrolling like I thought I was initially, but now I amā€¦ still no luck with any implantsā€¦
Iā€™m going to try a non human grade chinesium ntag glass transponderā€¦

edit 4
No dice rubbing a bare implant all over it yielded nothing, I can only guess itā€™s field is very incompatible

I donā€™t really see the point in investigating the included cards, since if you revert it to default factory state, any tag will open itā€¦ and I was still unable to make an implant work

1 Like

Sounds like it was total junk and youā€™ll be returning it then?

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s totally junk,
It works pretty fine with fobs and cards, and it programs like it supposed to, and I can get a 1 inch read

Just not implants

Granted itā€™s a semi plastic body, and a slightly thinner shackle, but I donā€™t think I could break it off with anything less than a decent hammer, and I canā€™t shim it

Itā€™s clearly not meant as a high level of security, but all I want is something fun and basic for a gym locker

I wasnā€™t going to post a link until I got my hands on it becauseā€¦ itā€™s among us themedā€¦ which is really dumb

But itā€™s just a sticker so I peeled it off ( yes already, yes even though I am returning itā€¦ I donā€™t care)

But yea no dice

1 Like

Ah fair enough. I would keep trying till I at least found one that would work with an implant personally.

Can you shim it? Not that it matter whether itā€™s a good padlock, since itā€™s not even a good NFC implant padlock to begin with, but Iā€™m curious.

Anyway, thanks for taking one for us. Thatā€™s one less POS nobody here will have to buy and get disappointed with. Pilgrimsmaster: that thereā€™s a good entry for the compatibility Excel sheet.

Also, lucky you, you got it really quick: my craptastic 460 euro padlock hasnā€™t even left Digiwell yet and itā€™s been several days now. Theyā€™re really not in a hurry to process orders. Iā€™m a bit miffed actually.

1 Like

it was I the spread sheet, I removed it

I could put it back though.

It was originally mentioned here

1 Like

Hmm I missed that one. Thanks!ā€™

I reckon you should. Total failures are as important as working devices for the prospective buyer.

2 Likes

yeah you are correct. I removed it when I was smallifying a bunch of images. To reduce the lag on the sheets.

I am away from a PC for about 5 days, so Iā€™ll put it back then.
In have a couple of Pay terminals to add also.

1 Like

Maybe failures donā€™t need an image. Just a list of confirmed stuff to avoid would be enough, just so that people know whatā€™s already been unsuccessfully tried.

2 Likes

Nope doesnā€™t look shimable, the Lugs on the shackle are only one sided, but internal in the lock body on the locking side

Supposedly itā€™s waterproof

I guess this is public nowā€¦

Time to start collecting emailsā€¦

7 Likes

Done

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

5 Likes

vivokey link on homepage is broken, sends you to https://apexring.com/vivokey.com.

I also donā€™t see anywhere to put an email in to sign up to the mailing list, but that might be my combination of extensions :man_shrugging:

1 Like

well i think i actually caused a bit of a fuckup while mucking around with itā€¦ its being fixed now

Dudeā€¦ This marketing trick is old as dirt. Microsoft has been using it for decades with their so-called Windows build leaks, that everybody and their dog knows they organized themselves to wet peopleā€™s appetite.

I can see right through you. That was no fuckup :slight_smile:

Why is that a design fail? The unicorn looks pretty happyā€¦
:unicorn_starstruck:

3 Likes

I wonder if ā€œUnicorn rimmingā€ is in the urban dictionary?

Apparently not :unicorn_crying: