The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

The one that always bothers me is Americans saying Edinburgh as “Eden-Burg”

Indeed I was born in Glesgy and raised in Embra.

One year I worked out at a golf open down the coast, on my way there I was on a bus behind some American tourists and we passed through “Musselburgh”. One of them turned to the other and said “Muscle Berg, that’s like Edin Berg, do you think they are related?” I was so tempted to say it is pronounced Borough (burra) and it means Town
 But I didn’t.

Of course just to confuse things Middlesbrough spells it without the first O.

I pronounce it with a soft “O” , Chomleys, but i’m not from the UK, so now I know how to pronounce correctly thanks :+1:

Interestingly ( to me at least ) about 6 weeks ago, I drove down a “Cholmondeley Ave” and my sat nav even pronounced it “Chomley” / “Chumley” I was quietly impressed by Mrs Garmin, I was expecting a butchering of it, something like “Cha-mon-da-lay”

1 Like

I unironically got asked this on Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Welcome to retail/food service on holidays.

1 Like

Since this happened, I ordered a Halo Scanner direct from the manufacturer with the latest and greatest firmware.

The device left Guernsey on the 18th, and arrived in Helsinki on the 23rd thanks for the incredimazingly shit speed of Royal Mail (they’re not as bad as the Czech post, but close).

And then from the 23rd to the 27th, the parcel essentially sat there at the Finnish customs office. And when they finally sprung into action and released the parcel, that cost me 20.25 euros on a 80.76-euro purchase. That’s 25% on duties + VAT + processing.

So you know what? Fuck Brexit. Fuck brexiteers. What a bunch of fucking idiots
 You’ve ruined your country: I only ever order from the UK when I absolutely have to now. But I’d rather have my left nut crushed in a vise, and I know I’m not the only one. Good job you nitwits :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve ordered one of the last ACUs on ksec
 I wonder how much that will be.

KSEC is great for customer service and all. But I’m afraid to admit the extra cost of customs in terms of money and delivery speed totally killed their attractiveness for me. I’d rather deal with the subpar Lab401 customer service and get my gear quicker and cheaper. I would prefer ordering from KSEC but I won’t because of customs. Sad but true.

1 Like

I had some fun with github pages this morning and proudly resent to you isitsoontmyet.com!
A page where you and me can find out if it actually is or is not SOONℱ yet.

3 Likes

Hey there!!

Thanks for the shout out!! :grin:

I had been insanely busy then abroad with no laptop :sweat_smile:
Now I’m back!! :partying_face:

Yet still insanely busy
 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How has everyone been?!?!

8 Likes

Welcome back bitey teeth!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Out of 5 stars

Apex Flex: ***
Apex Mega: ****
flexNT v2: **
NExT v2: *
xMagic: *
4 Likes

Hey, @amal

On the DT Sale announcement you have pictures of a coin being lifted by an implanted magnet. What kind of coin is that? I wasn’t aware of any modern coins that are magnetic.

Just curious.

Hey @amal

Let’s it be applied until you hit place order :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Did you buy a first gen Titan? Cause if the coupon from that is still active, maybe it won’t let you have / use a lesser one?

I did not lol

Hey guys is amal trolling me? Is this actually announced?! Was this just the announcement?

What do you think it would be?
I have an idea, but :man_shrugging: