The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

That can fuck right off, but the 101.3 kPa would be acceptabe as SI but for ease and humour 1.0atm, and thatā€™s not the 2 other ATMs you are probably thinking of

2 Likes

Anybody load any identification cards on extra implants? Even though it may not be ā€œofficalā€

I have 1-2 ntags that are more or less extra storage

I was thinking about doing the same thing as my vaccine record, but with my drivers license
Loading a copy into google drive and making a private link, and loading that link onto said implan

Why? Semi implant use case example, semi in case I lose my walletā€¦ which I literally did currently after I started thinking about doing this last night :sweat_smile::sweat:

Problem is, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s technically the smartest thing to have floating in the cloud, but it ā€œshould be safeā€ in my account thoughā€¦ I also see no need to make the link shareable and tie it to my account for access

I can potentially see getting out of a ticket like
ā€œā€¦ so officer My wallet is lost, I have a digital copy of youā€™d likeā€¦ I know itā€™s not offical per seā€¦ but itā€™s better than nothingā€¦also itā€™s probably the coolest thing youā€™ll see todayā€

No guarantee, but itā€™s a non zero chance

3 Likes

Either theyā€™ll accept it thinking that itā€™s cool, or theyā€™ll run away thinking that youā€™ll curse them or something if they give you a ticketā€¦ Either way, itā€™s a win! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Like Gabriel Iglesias always says, make em laugh! But I guess scaring them with the dark side of voodoo could work too :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Iā€™m going to steal the idea if you donā€™t mind. Got a trip to New Orleans coming up and want to put both my vaccine card and my momā€™s card in a Google folder with a link in case our phones are dead and we need them for one of the tours or something.

Edit2: If anyone is in the New Orleans area and wants to meet up for a drink or something let me know! I hate that Iā€™m missing out on the Chicago meetup, but I just couldnā€™t afford both trips with all the family emergency related expenses Iā€™ve had. And I canā€™t cancel on my mom, especially now that she found out sheā€™s got the heart of an 80 year old when sheā€™s 46 according to her doc lol

Thereā€™s always the biohacker village

2 Likes

I have pretty much what you are suggesting, but I store it as a link of to my own personal server, I called mine ā€œTravel Infoā€. I only called it travel, because thats when I see the time I may need to use it, whilst I am travellingā€¦
I have a copy of my Passport, Drivers License, Credit cards, My frequent flyers and lounge pass info
Vaccinations, and now Covid Records and booster.
I also keep a list of countries and dates visited for when I donate plasma, which makes life much easier.
Although I havent travelled overseas for a couple of years now

Fuck you Covid :microbe:

I like the idea of physical storage rather being reliant on a network connection, so
When I get my VivokeyFlex I might also get a DESFire implant and see what I can squeeze onto the 8kb using Roscos sweet thread

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good idea! Thereā€™s a use case to justify getting another implant XD
Will need to look into the security aspects of hosting stuff like that on a server. Tomorrow though, itā€™s 5am and I just got home from work lol
Not concerned about someone scanning my hand type security issue, but if Iā€™d need to scan it to provide that info, my phone is more than likely dead, so Iā€™d be concerned about the other personā€™s phone scanning to show my info. Will need to look through the, I think itā€™s Yekas, vcard project again (which reminds me Iā€™ve gotta get that set up on my implant again) to see what he did for the security. Also, I think that might outline a use case for the spark or apex? Idk, itā€™s 5am and Iā€™m dumb tired rambling lol

1 Like

Is that in Chicago? Not sure I can afford the trip up there after visiting my mom, but Iā€™ll keep my eye out at the posts, see if maybe I can save enough before the event.

Your mind is in the cloud, and thatā€™s probably the most personal thing that you can haveā€¦

Joking aside, I agree, itā€™s better to host that on your own server as long as you do it right. Otherwise, @Pilgrimsmasterā€™s brother might end up indexing your personal infoā€¦

1 Like
  1. I donā€™t have my own server

2. Letā€™s be realā€¦ chances are google is probably more secure than anything I setupā€¦ provided I donā€™t leak my login credentials

1 Like

:eyes: upload an encrypted photo to https://encrypted.cards
Itā€™s in the cloud, but the provider, me, can not see the content.
Youā€™re also free to copy and modify the source code so you have full size images and what not, Iā€™d even help ya.
This tech is the only solution to these kind of problemsā€¦ I should make a version for documents it seems.

Maybe check out https://cryptpad.org which seems to be basically the same tech but a full office suite

4 Likes

I trust @yeka 's security know how, Heā€™s a smart cookie :nerd_face: :cookie: and if I didnā€™t have my own solution, I would use hisā€¦

3 Likes

A little while ago there were some folks on here talking about making a sort of coil sticker that you could stick to the back of your phone to try to boost the NFC range a little, anyone remember if they had any luck?

My phone will scan fine without a case, but the case is just thick enough to make it take a little more time and effort to get lined up than I care for, just needs the tiniest bit more oomph

Here is the thread

Readers digest version

Has been started, progress made, VK Team busy with Apex, still a viable product, just not the priority at the moment

1 Like

rant
I want apex to launch and succeedā€¦ but god thereā€™s so many things are are less important than apex, that I care more aboutā€¦. I want apex to get out of my way
/rant

2 Likes

Go on then, give us your list in order:- ( I have a few I am keen for , but also still more than ready to play with Apex )

1 Like

I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

6 Likes

In order?

Bro Iā€™m ADHD and wildly unmedicated, my priorities have no perceivable or lasting order

But,
Hf sticker boosters to mount on phones
Hf sticker booster bandaids to mount to cyborgs

Nfc temperature sensors, I know disruptive is working on thisā€¦ but Iā€™d like a DT option as they have my trust

A larger payment conversion format, say 1ā€ disk

More XLED color options/ restock

Bodybytes

Flexnt2.0 blinkymcblinkerton

Narrow FlexEM format

Magic ntag, various format

Etc I feel like I had more but I canā€™t remember off the top of my head

3 Likes

OK Freddy! Calm down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

my OPINION

Im also keen for the phone sticker, although I have no complaint with my current phone, but I like my RFID like I like my woman ā€œFast, Free and Easyā€ :rofl:

100%, I am open to others, but I highly doubt that anybody would have my trust as much as DT/VK have earned over the years.

Have you asked Amal about a custom option? I donā€™t see why he wouldnā€™t unless there was technical reason ( antenna chip capacitence )

What colours are you thinking? I know a lot of people wanted Purple/violet etc.
RGB? Programmable Patterns?

Same colour options as the xSIID I am guessing?

Pretty interesting and practical, it will be interesting to see the specs of the final design, size, transfer speedā€¦

Personally, I donā€™t think this one will be too far off. Purely speculation

I think physics is the issue here, you could have a long skinny narrow one, or a short tall (z :arrow_up: ) one, but neither would fit under the skin very well.
(I found something ( short tall ) a while back, but have struggled to extract it in one piece)

Iā€™m still keen for this also, I actually have a Card and send it to Amal for a narrow flex conversion, I still think the chip is not a great performer though unfortunately

I am also really looking forward to the xMagic
and the NExT2 ( because I dont have any blinky, and ā€¦ I have a use )

https://whensoontm.com/

3 Likes