6 Likes

Iā€™m feeling very smort right nowā€¦

robot-facepalm

3 Likes

bonus easter egg :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I got this spam like advertisement shit from aliexpress

they advertise this product

They seem to advertise it for humans and sell it quite expensive (compared to the 2-5$ animal aliexpress chips)

are the xrays stolen from someone from here?

i have the suspicion that these are pictures that they simply dug up from the internet

the chips within their pictures alters. some have black resin some not - the coil size differs too - all in the same offer^

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that those chips include free lead poisoning! What a bargain!

Amazingly, there are some ā€œhumanā€ chips getting sold on AliExpress for a higher price than the original DT versions. Or at least I came across a $100 xEM clone one time while looking for cheap stickers.

Edit: wait a second, the ones in your screenshot are also more expensive than the DT stuff!

1 Like

I recognized them right away. EDIT, Wait wait wait, I goofed, theyā€™re just very similar.

1 Like

this are the x-rays von @amal

the first picture holding the chip between the fingers must be from Patrick Kramer.

3 Likes

Howā€™s this going? Prospects? offers?

1 Like

I spent 4 days writing my first resume in 21 years.

I applied for one position a former colleague told me about. Itā€™s advertised as a level II and I was a level II 20 years ago, but they are willing to hire at a higher level for the right person.

I have 4 more positions I was told about by former colleagues to apply for. 5 or 6 recruiters who want to talk to me. And a former boss who has passed my resume on to one of his underlings, he is now a director elsewhere and is willing to act as a reference.

The real search starts next week. Last week was resume writing and getting over the initial shock.

I have until the 6th of May as administrative leave, after that I can claim unemployment and will receive a severance package that will be either a useful cushion or a nice bonus depending on how my search has gone up to that point.

9 Likes

I am easy amused but this I like.

7 Likes

Later today Iā€™m gonna make a video about my implants on my channel, had quite a few people on YT ask for one.

Figured Iā€™d split the video into:

1. Introduction and basic details
  2. Dispelling common myths
  3. Going over my actual implants, + large DT plug :wink:
  4. Install process
  5. Demonstrations of different projects Iā€™ve done, and other functionality

Anything Iā€™m forgetting? Suggestions?

EDIT: Got it all recorded, now for editingā€¦ Hope I can finish tonight.

EDIT 2: Clearly that didnā€™t happen. Iā€™m a procrastinating git.

9 Likes

That is already a lot of content.

In my opinion, itā€™s probably enough.

The follow up, could be answering questions that will no doubt arise in the first vid

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Fun little mini project. My roommate broke my humidifier a few days ago, and refused to admit it. Our room sits at like 30% humidity, extremely uncomfortable. When he went to fill it up, he left the top off, which directs the mist out of the unit. It completely stopped working, nothing coming out of the top, but some leaking out of the bottom. After taking it apart, taking some measurements, I traced the problem back to the blower fan that pushes the mist out. I threw 24V at it, as labeled, absolutely no signs of life. With the top off, the mist fell back down into the unit, back into the blower fan, killing it over the course of an hour or two.

It was a 24V .1A blower fan, commonly used for 24V 3D printers as a part cooling fan (recognized the shape anywhere). The original part was like $17-25 shipped on eBay, but I found a knockoff for $7 shipped, marketed for 3D printing.

It came today, and thankfully, like any other college student :wink:, I have a full selection of wire strippers, crimpers, and connectors. It actually had the right connector already, but the polarity was swapped, and couldnā€™t get the female pins out without destroying the housing.

5 minutes later,

Working just like before.

In todayā€™s wasteful society (Iā€™m guilty of it too) it always feels good to be able to repair something, no matter how minor, rather than throwing it in the trash and buying a new one. Saved money too, a new large cool mist humidifier isnā€™t cheap.

This probably isnā€™t very interesting, but Iā€™m chuffed with myself for the first time in a bit, thought Iā€™d share.

14 Likes

High five for fixing stuff quickly and efficiently

2 Likes

Now if you replace the on/off switch with a rfid triggered toggleā€¦ā€¦no more room mate problems! Well done though. Itā€™s always good to fix something like this.

4 Likes

It is interesting, you should be chuffed.

and nice work

2 Likes

I am still chuffed with my safe project, only one of a few things I feel like I came saw and conquered and finished to a satisfactory level

Revel in your completion

5 Likes

archer-sterling-archer

4 Likes

https://spectrum.ieee.org/looking-through-mojo-visions-newest-ar-contact-lens

2 Likes

hfs2

confused

hfs

4 Likes