The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yeah, but my guess that is COVID will be the catalyst for the implementation of a more general health pass. Itā€™s the stuff of nightmare if you ask me. But it if has to happen, Iā€™d rather it be under my skin than in my wallet or my cellphone, because it would make a lot more sense there.

Since itā€™s still early in that particular game, and health passes are a perfect use case for implantable devices, Vivokey / DT would be the perfect player and should chip in, is what Iā€™m saying.

Same here.

2 Likes

I agree. Thereā€™s lots of Orwellian whacky shit Iā€™d rather the governments (and corporations) of the world not mess around with. Health passports is one (cause it will end up just being another way to suppress minority groups). If anyoneā€™s going to get involved I would rather it be companies like VivoKey who have idealogical motives beyond profit.

Well now, I donā€™t know about that - and my natural instinct is never to presume good intentions from a for-profit. But like I said before, DT (and by extension, Vivokey), is one of the very few companies that I trust almost blindly.

So yeah, if anyoneā€™s Orwellian health pass chip should go under my skin, itā€™s Vivokeyā€™s.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a good anime that explores the end of that particular slippery slope, incidentally:

1 Like

Well, thanks to USPS Informed delivery, it looks like the Pinecil is coming Monday. Could also be the pinephone, but less likely (havenā€™t gotten a pre-order email that I should have got, and the $50 insurance makes it more likely to be the Pinecil). If itā€™s the Pinecil Iā€™ll try it out for a few hours and post my initial thoughts for those that wanted me to (and those that are currently awaiting theirs). I need to do some soldering for a project anyways, so itā€™ll come in handy.

Right now Iā€™m working on an NFC back cover for the pinephone for implant use, so Iā€™m excited to receive the parts for that (plus the phone itself). The 6 pogo pins on the back for expansion contain connections for an I2C bus, so my plan is just to build a PN532 breakout board into a 3D printed back cover, or a 3D printed TPU case. Itā€™ll likely have to be the latter, due to the small details needed for getting the back cover to snap on right. Iā€™ve had good luck with the HiLetGo breakout from Amazon, will probably use that, only $10. It looks like the pinephone expansion port just shows up as a standard I2C bus in linux, and libnfc appears to support the PN532 over I2C natively.

Since the pinephone runs pure linux, Iā€™m wondering if I can get NFC login working. Not sure if thereā€™s even support for alternate lock screen authentication methods (currently itā€™s just a 6 digit PIN), but thatā€™s the beauty of open-source. Once classes let out in about 2 weeks, Iā€™m gonna have a ton of free time anyways. Since I can boot off of a micro SD, at least it should be easy to recover if I fuck up login.

3 Likes

Bought a DPDT relay for my motorcycle ignition. xAC v1 doesnā€™t seem to push enough current to latch the relay when scanned. :cry:

You verified that the relay latches when you power it from another source, right?

Yep. I verified both the relay latching directly from my power supply, as well as the xAC activating correctly when I present a tag to it.

:grin:

Yes, one quickly runs into problems with poker metaphors on this forum :slight_smile:

What is your input Voltage?

What is your output Voltage?

Do you have a diode on the output?

Are you using a bentop power supply or battery?

The xAC V1 is rated upto 15V DC, can you up the output and try the relay again?

You know, I went through literally every question of yours answering it, and it turns out this is what did it. Was only using 12V to power the xAC, turning my power supply up to 15V made it work! This community is the fucking best.

2 Likes

Now you probably want to start winding it back to find when it stops operatingā€¦ or up from 12V and find your minimum input voltage.
It should operate off a car battery, so the Voltage should be around 12.6V

2 Likes

Weirdly enough, if I go down from 15V, itā€™ll run reliably up to about 12.8V. But if I start low and go high, the relay wonā€™t start latching until past 13V

Yeah, thatā€™s normal. Inductors are like that. They resist changes to the current flow. If youā€™re trying to force the coil to allow current when it was not, it will take higher voltage to drive. If youā€™re trying to stop the current from flowing when it already was, you will need to drop it to a lower voltage to cut off. Thatā€™s their primary purpose.

3 Likes

Makes complete sense.

2 Likes

Incase people werenā€™t aware

5 Likes

Darn, wasnā€™t considering buying another implant anytime soon, definitely not this year, but an xM1 for $84 might be too good to pass upā€¦ would really round out my implant capabilitiesā€¦

At minimum Iā€™ll probably end up buying a shirt or two :smile:

2 Likes

Yea I picked up a xm1 g3 next spark 2 each has held a little interest; but I wasnā€™t willing to pay about 100 for each

188 for all 4 plus several accessories

Oops

Iā€™m seriously scratching my head on where Iā€™m going to fit 4 or 5 more (still have an uninstalled xNT)
Possibly 6 if I do a flex payment

2 Likes

Really tempted to pull the plug on a flexEM atm