The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Trash Polkaā„¢ is a tattoo style created by tattoo artists Simone Pfaff and Volker Merschky in WĆ¼rzburg, Germany.

Just Sayinā€™

1 Like

Ah, Buenavista, yesā€¦ really great art. :star_struck:
Might be something to think aboutā€¦

But I must admit, I pushed the further development of my tattoo a bit into the background lately :wink:
And Cologne is still closer to my home than WĆ¼rzburg, so - scars first! :smile:

2 Likes

Already happened (in another thread) :rofl:

I personally think @Coma fits in the ā€œfar too strong & independent to require anyone acting on her behalfā€ category, so no point in vocalising anything myselfā€¦
(actually there is quite an interesting catch22 in this aspect)

but reading some of @anon3825968ā€™s desperate attempts sure add new layers to my concept of Cringy! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve loved their work for years. Their style is a lot more modern than I wanted on my own body (the bulk of my tattoos have linework to mimic woodblock prints or scrimshaw) but I decided to do all of mine/have all of mine done in black or red as well because it looked so striking and clean, it really compliments the style Iā€™m going for and I love how it layers. My first tattoo was full color, though.

1 Like

All in good fun. Remember: there is a Mr. Coma, and I donā€™t like loose teeth.

So when I first saw the design, I thought it was a 20 sided die in the center. Like what they use in D&D. I figure Itā€™s either just a random design, or itā€™s something not in my experience. Either way, the circuit board portion is what I find really interesting.

I did/do as well.

My first thought went to the icosahedron from Odesza right away. I guess I associated it with sacred geometry. I have never rolled a 20 sided die, so I would have never thought of that.

I tried it once. But, only once, and I didnā€™t inhale.

3 Likes

Iā€™m literally 3D printing plastic daggers designed to hold a set of dice, with the pomel being a gold d20

becoming the nerd in a group of cyborgs was unexpected lol

5 Likes

Donā€™t worry - I show him some posts here from time to time, and he shares our humour :wink: Heā€™s veeery relaxed with all that. Otherwise, I think he couldnā€™t bear my attitude :smile:

I didnā€™t see that before - thanks! Looks very similar, maybe my artist got some inspiration thereā€¦ thing is, if you work in bodymods (especially around tattoo artists), you seem to gain a very good feeling for shapes and geometry, at least many of the artists I know just ā€œfeelā€ what design will be fitting.

Did some P&P once (Vampire: The Masquerade - yes, itā€™s clichĆ© :stuck_out_tongue: ), had a terrible storyteller and never did it again - but I really like the community! Creating worlds ā€œout of nothingā€ is pretty impressive, I thinkā€¦

1 Like

Are you going to be selling them anywhere? This sounds like a cool as hell future birthday gift for a buddy who GMs/DMs.

Youā€™re not alone. :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s not my design, but I should have additional plastic of the various colors

Iā€™ll post a pic when Iā€™m done

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wearable Countermeasures

Made good progress on my car ignition project today. I wanted to be double check how my ignition switch worked + figuring out the actual pinout, before I could finalize the board design and send it off to be made. So, I went to the junkyard, found a car the same model as mine, and spent about 45 minutes ripping out the ignition switch. Would have been easier, but I didnā€™t think to bring a 1 foot long socket extension with me (needed to remove the lower dash panel, had some crazy deep bolts), so I had to just cut it out from the front. Thankfully a lot of my assumptions were validated, just gonna spend some time today triple checking pinouts and making some notes on paper for continuity on each key position. It has 9 pins, but it seems that quite a few are redundant. The ignition switch obviously came with a lock I didnā€™t have the key for (and neither did the junkyard), but thankfully, I do locksport :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I would definitely recommend anyone else do the same if they plan on doing a similar project, having a spare ignition switch to test with has been a huge help. Not having to half disassemble my dash and having to risk my car not being able to start was well worth the money. The $30 it cost will also be well worth it if it stops me from shorting something out and breaking my body control module.

In other news, I got some more PN532 breakouts ordered, and my PinePhone comes Thursday. Iā€™ll post a write-up for the NFC case Iā€™m making for that as well, hopefully that should only take a day to finish. 3D printing the NFC case itself will take the longest time. Assuming everything goes well with that, Iā€™ve also started on a super basic touch NFC app for the PinePhone, just enough to pull UIDs and hopefully NDEF records. libnfc is compatible with the PN532 over I2C, so it shouldnā€™t be insanely awful to implement. Should be a good project for learning mobile Linux toolkits, too.

The Pinecil is still somewhere in China it seems. It shipped about a week ago, but China Post is not quick. Should definitely have paid for DHL for it, would have been well worth it it seems.

2 Likes

can we have all future implants put into Rupert Drops? kthx. ((of course not, but damn that is cool))

1 Like

I like that idea, incredibly strong, and on the off chance you do some how manage to break it, it will explosively remove itself, saving you from a costly removal fee!

2 Likes

Andre the giant hand size comparison.

Andre.

Myself.

Conclusion: not sure really. Just thought of this with all the hand size talk going on.

1 Like

Homer:

Screenshot_20201215-131556_Chrome

Myself:

2 Likes