The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Just going to throw this here The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

My phone has the ā€œDevice Info Ex Liveā€ wallpaper. It keeps updated time and has a bunch of (mostly useless) information scrolling on it. The nice thing is that being a live wallpaper itā€™s always in motion. Very techy looking.

2 Likes

I like that one.

If you decide you want it, on android at least, youā€™ll need nova launcher and the icon pack I used is called glaskart (I think).

Besides, thereā€™s nothing as useful as having your wallpaper tell you the model of circuit board itā€™s running on. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

is that Emma Watson or am I recognizing them from somewhere else

Emma, she is.

1 Like

Just an update for the Flipper, delayed delivery, unless you want to take the optional risk and get it early

Given the huge expectations of our backers, we simply cannot afford to release an unfinished device. We will gradually produce and ship small batches to friendly developers and those who applied to the early adopters program. These people will act as beta testers, will install new firmware versions and fill the bug reports. But before you apply into an early adopters, keep in mind that you might end up with a device that has some serious bugs.

Flipper gradual manufacturing plan

UPDATE #12

Latest Sample Review. Manufacturing and Shipping Plan

Weā€™ll be honest: we wonā€™t be able to ship Flippers to all backers in February. The devices will be produced gradually, starting with a very small batches and gradually increasing in volume to reduce the risk of having any defects. We really want to make a cool product that is perfect in every aspect from mechanics to electronics. Any mistake in a large batch will be fatal and it will be impossible to withdraw

DT Thread updated

Source

2 Likes

Eh, that sucks for the backers (still bummed that I missed out on the first batch), but I really like the transparency, and the model theyā€™re using for distribution. Itā€™s a neat approach for dealing with initial lack of polish, while also increasing your testing base over time as quality of software increases. Shows that they do at least care about the product their making.

Iā€™ve had very few kickstarter products that had a smooth launch. The only ones that went perfectly were those by big companies (like Creality) that I donā€™t support anymore, out of principle. I donā€™t like really big companies using crowdfunding as their R&D budget for experimental products, just so they donā€™t have to absorb the hit if shit hits the fan. I mentioned Creality a second ago. Theyā€™re one of the largest 3D printer manufacturers, and yet theyā€™ve launched several projects via crowdfunding (canā€™t remember if it was Kickstarter or IndieGogo). It makes sense for extreme niches (even though DT isnā€™t a ā€œbig companyā€, I would count the Titan in that category), for short run products, but not for new products that just get mass marketed after the first production run.

For a small company like this, just making a new product, hiccups are expected, and theyā€™re just part of the platform. Way better of a response than radio silence.

1 Like

I have been very impressed by them, Very open, regular and thorough updates, Probably The best I have ever backed. on both Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
(Also impressed but not surprised by Amal with the Titan, great, informative, honest and timely updates even though I didnt back it)

Flipper have been well on track, this is their first hurdle that has blown the timeline.

I actually have a draught review of a Flipper Zero review waiting to post, But I am going to wait until the May release I think.

They have a forum

and a more active discord

1 Like

I meanā€¦ arguableā€¦
It is often quoted that the retina is the only directly visible part of the brain.
(not my interpretation)retina
The retina is considered to be brain tissue.
(yet again, not my idea)retina

From that point itā€™s up to you to ignore or not the hardware around the sensor itself.

The retina is indeed capable of sensing some light intensity and wavelength without lens and iris.
Surely you could argue about the sharpness of the image (if that was recognisable at all) -
:brain: :mag::eyes:
I would perhaps mention about the development of babies vision
and the ā€˜resolutionā€™ of the eyes of a snail.
If I want to squeeze the last drop out of this metaphorical :lemon: I might look for :eyes: a very primitive eye on the scale of evolution that was not more complicated then a brain an optic nerve and some sort of retina without much stuff around.
eyeevo
Almost like a pinhole camera.
4533301 Spoiler: not the lens turns the image, but the hole.
Overall: Fair enough, it needs reduction. And sometimes a mirror, or another person.

And itā€™s somewhat parallel with hair and nailā€¦but maybe more interesting would be to find out if plants can ā€œseeā€ because of chlorophyll? :crazy_face:
I am somewhat convinced: I could be any side of this debate, depending on the number of gin-tonics I consumed before.

I would be seriously concerned if this were not happening.

It is expected that it would take longer than anticipated, because it always do, and that the first batch would have serious bugs.

So far, I am really positively happy with the approach those guys are taking and all the transparency. :grin:

Agree.

It is also often quoted that the penis is where the male conscience can be found. (not jokingā€¦ Iā€™ve heard that one far more often than my sanity would like)

And when I look around, especially in around pubsā€¦ sometimes that sure makes a hell lot of sense! :sweat_smile:

Point being that these arguments you brought do make sense, but so does a lot of other arguments which might even be contradictive or counterproductive.

But if we are to discourse about what would be the single smallest unity of a being where ā€œconscienceā€ liesā€¦ then expanding the concept of an organ to fit an ideaā€¦ feels like cheating. :yum:
(not meant as ofense)

I meanā€¦ even if you told me ā€œconscience resides on the brainā€, then I would still keep poking and asking ā€œwhere on the brainā€ (mostly as an exercise on the complexity/futility of such a search).

An analogous example:

Assume we want to find the residency of an individual living in NY.

Arguing that children are an extension of an individualā€™s existence (which is a serious point brought by many philosophers)ā€¦ therefore his address should encompass his children, some of which live in Canadaā€¦

Such argument would be correct and backed by serious thinkers, although it would not serve the purpose of locating the individual. Most likely it would make it even harder to locate him now. :wink:

Alsoā€¦ if the argument to say that eyes are part of the brain comes from they being connected by the optical nerveā€¦ then I could expand to say anything connected by nerves is part of the brain, beginning with the spine and going on further. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Google it!

Well, Iā€™ve just spent 2 hours clearing this afternoonā€™s snowfall, because the weather forecast said the night would be clear and I wanted to sleep later tomorrow morning. And of course, just as Iā€™m done, itā€™s coming down again :frowning:

It ainā€™t Japan, but it gets tiringā€¦

Hey dude, you missed a spot. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hard to tell, how much is there?

12 to 18". Not that much, but itā€™s wet and heavy cuz itā€™s not very cold at the moment. Also, Iā€™m running out of immediate storage space so I have to ferry it across the driveway to my back garden, which takes longer.

I find it interesting that snow accumulation seems to always revert you back to inchā€™s and feet,

I wonder if itā€™s like the British C/F thing depending if itā€™s hot or cold

4 Likes

Oh for crying out loud :slight_smile:

Okay then, 30 to 45 cm.

I just grab the unit that speaks to me best at the moment. Anything vague and everyday-ish has me going for standard. Old habits die hard.

1 Like

Not busting your ballsā€¦ this time lol

Just noticed a trend, and found it interesting, when we had previously discussed how you refused the concept of thousandths of an inch

So itā€™s interesting to see a metric devotee, not mind using standard is all