The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

NTAG I2C plus used in the xSIID is basically the same as the NTAG216, just with an additional 1k tacked on the end :man_shrugging:

It isnā€™t a flex though :cry:, so if thatā€™s the attraction then thatā€™s very understandable.

No, in reality I want a flexSIID. Itā€™s perfect. But if the closest I can get is a 213 with bling bling blinky blinky itā€™s fine.

Itā€™s about contact sharing, I want people that scan my hand to see a LED. Even the flexNExT wasnā€™t quite perfect for that.

Btw I have a weird idea to test for fatigue failure.
You know those robots that flex the IKEA chairs a million times to prove itā€™s durability?

If we put a flexNExT in some jelly or so and massage it with those massage tools (apply pressure and turn) it could be a good test.
Canā€™t find a picture (autpmatic massage tool leads to vibrators) but the tool in my mind has 3 big knobs that turn automatically.

Itā€™s an easy enough rig to build

A cam rigged to an arm, add electric motor

Gets trickier the more consistent and tuned
you want the forces to be

I have one of these at work.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/corning-lse-vortex-mixer-5/10320807

The flexNExT is past the need for fatigue testing, as it has been green-banana-tested by those who implanted it - the best kind of testing of course, unless youā€™re the tester :slight_smile:

I wouldnā€™t mind proper mechanical testing happen with new implant developments. That sort of testing service can be subcontracted, and Iā€™d be willing to chip in if DT set up a crowd fund for extensive testing of an upcoming implant Iā€™m interested in.

1 Like

That is the trick though.

Finding one enough people want to put money towards.

Well if thatā€™s not workable, Iā€™ve also said before that Iā€™d also be willing to pour some of my hard earned into an undetermined R&D slush fund setup by DT. Surely Iā€™m not the only one, and Amal would then be free to redirect that money to whichever project / development he wishes.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea

• we could even do something like a patreon to help support plans and stuff - doesnā€™t have to produce much, but the continued research and the like would be worth 5$/ month to me :slight_smile:

the WIIFM of it could be discounted prices, early release queue, special deals etc.

Aka the ā€œAmal slush fundā€

Or nothing at all.

Me, Iā€™m not looking to get discounts, just to help out one rare bird in this world of mega-corporations bringing out evermore bland products for the cretinous mass. DT is different and Iā€™m willing to help.

Research usually doesnā€™t produce much short term, but pays off long term. For us customers, it pays off when your skin is all healed and youā€™re genuinely happy to have gone through the procedure of implanting something great. You have to ask yourself if youā€™re willing to stick with DT for the long haul though

1 Like

oh, i agree with that - itā€™s not about getting us deals, itā€™s about making it more enticing for people who are a little less altruistic.

our value is the brainfund and buying futures - others may need just a kick in the bum to peak up.

itā€™s all mentality

another cyber-kitty option could be the thing that a lot of places are offering ā€œkeep the changeā€ to customers often for charity - meaning, they round the order up to the next $.

honestly, if my order comes to 96.39, iā€™d be even ok bumping it to 100 flat.
(not that DT pisses around with change, mind you)

1 Like

Hell no. That $39.99 Titan was rounded off to $500. Much simpler :slight_smile:

Man, I sure wish we could produce titans for $40. The minimum order quantity would be enormous. Weā€™d be making it rain titans. You get a titan, and yoouuu get a titan. Everybody gets a titan!

4 Likes

Specialty products command higher prices. Nothing wrong with that.

Iā€™m not getting no Titan. As much as I wish, itā€™s not compatible with my requirements. Tempting thoughā€¦

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind supporting a DT or VivoKey patreon so you would be able to get the funds for higher fidelity products. Also some possible sweet discounts or extra behind the scenes. I know itā€™s been discussed in the past, and disagreed upon, but I feel it would ease off some of the load on starting costs.

1 Like

Iā€™d happily fund some experimental stuff here, or sterilization methods or whatever might be needed, but Iā€™d like to be able to without having to log onto yet another platform (patreon) I have no clue of :wink:
So maybe its possible to put some ā€œfundā€ button on the shop? Dunno if thatā€™s a legal problem somehow, but just a little field where I could enter how much I am willing to give. Like some generalized crowdfunding, in a way :wink:

edit: thinking about it, you could also put it at the end of every order, like, at the checkout you see your complete list of funny stuff to shove under your skin, and the last (empty) point is a little field for ā€œtipsā€ or whatever - so every time we order something, we might add a bit to make the sum rounded or just because we like to. I think as long as this little field remains discreet, it wonā€™t annoy anyone :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Same here - not because I have no clue, but because I donā€™t want Patreon to skim any of my money. Itā€™d be all for my intended recipient, not for them.

If it happensā€¦ :slight_smile:

A donate button, possibly also with automatic monthly payments for those who want them, would be very nice :slight_smile:

Maybe this would be a better fit for the Vivokey Forum, but I wouldnā€™t mind being able to have a thing hosted by DT/Vivokey to have a secure storage access. Like a GB. I could Store a few files I would always like access too.