The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

You could split your files in 256 byte chunks and store it in the Key Value Store :rofl:
Tbh I think this is more of a task for a third party, like mega.nz accepting ā€œLogin with VivoKeyā€.

1 Like

For those who donā€™t do cloudy storage, split the file in 888 byte chunks and implant as many NTAG 216ā€™s as required :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Implant a terabytes worth and when you get old youā€™ll look like a gator! :joy:

2 Likes

tenor (74)

2 Likes

Finally caved and am upgrading from the quest 1 to the quest 2

Have a high performance laptop on preorder that should be able to run anything vr I want

1 Like

Car wonā€™t turn over, and Iā€™m not keep on waiting at the bus stop today :frowning:

Iā€™m not sure I can read your thing correctly because I do not see an issue here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I finally got it started, after 1 minute of continuous cranking with the battery booster. It kinda made a groan like a dying animal when it finally caught. Scaryā€¦

Stupid carā€¦ Itā€™s a diesel Fiat minivan I imported from Belgium when I moved to Finland: cheap Italian motor, diesel, no block heaterā€¦ not exactly a great combo for cold climates.

Oh well, in a few days, the temperatures are going over -10C, so Iā€™ll be able to resume cycling. Stupidly enough, my bike (also from Belgium) has a really nice gearbox in it, which also make it unusable in cold climates because the fucking oil freezes inside the case :frowning:

I really have to gear up for next winter.

I clearly understand Celsius less than I thought

Isnā€™t 31.4 a really nice day?

Edit
Wait is that a negative? Thatā€™s a terrible minus symbol

1 Like

31.4 sounds like a pretty warm day to me

Celsius units have this weird little ā€œ-ā€ sign that can be tacked on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since when is a - pointy on one side, lol
Silly Celsius symbols

3 Likes

Talk to the Chinese manufacturer who made my thermometer.

This said, if youā€™re here, even if the minus sign doesnā€™t work, thereā€™s no mistaking it for a hot summer day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay it must be warm enough to drive by now. Time to haul my sorry frozen ass to work.

1 Like

Thats probably true,

Except how do you have 58 relative humidity in those frozen temps? Shouldnā€™t the air be dry as a bone?

ā€œRelativeā€, not absolute. Cold air holds so little water RH quickly goes up

Ahh, I learned somethingā€¦

Only 20 more years till Iā€™m a certified atmospherologist

anyone happen to know how much a flexM1 in the little white box weighs? asking for a friend who may or may not have misplaced his postal scale and has no access to USPS flat rate envelopesā€¦

I know that the bubble mailer Iā€™ve got is under half an ounce. Looks like prices are the same up til 1 pound, so I really just need to know if itā€™s under 15.5 ounces.

So Iā€™ve been thinking about thisā€¦ I can get a subscription plugin for our e-commerce site that should, in theory, allow recurring subscription type payments. My thought was that I could set up a specific category and group here on the forum with permissions such that only subscribers would get access to that category. In that category I could post links, content, and unlisted videos etc. and we could discuss things related to research or other topics. I was also considering sharing more detail about my personal / home life thereā€¦ which I really try to keep out of the public eyeā€¦ but not sure anyone would be interested in that kind of stuff.

Thoughts?

7 Likes

Iā€™m sure people would be interested, ( Including me ) But personally, I wouldnā€™t put anything like that in the public domain. Effectively people could pay a subscription and get A LOT of information on you.

There are some fucken crazy people out there, and you would be a high-profile ā€œTargetā€ for those Paranoid nut jobs.
Of course that is you decision, but

I think this is a better / safer idea.

6 Likes