The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Hmm maybe itā€™s not the right word. I meant thermal shirt. Itā€™s kind of like a long sleeve shirt thatā€™s kind of thick and slightly woolly and really warm. I stack those up to get warmer.

The longjohns are the same kind of deal but for my legs of course :slight_smile:

Yeahā€¦ itā€™s annoying. Itā€™s not only about style, I just feel incredibly uncomfortable wearing trousers. I have to, at work, at thatā€™s the only place I wear themā€¦ well okay, if I ever happen to be on a horseback again, trousers are an option as well, but in every other situation, I just feel terrible in them. And to be honest, in times ago women only had skirts or dresses, so there must be a way to stay warm in themā€¦ why does nobody produce thermal underskirts anymore? I even spent some time searching several outdoor shops and the like, and they rarely had skirts at allā€¦ I mean, why not just make some nice, wooly, (affordable) and beautiful skirts? Canā€™t be that hardā€¦ :wink:

Thatā€™s why I always have a very warm blanket in my car - even a traffic jam in winter can be a problem, if it takes long enoughā€¦
But other than that, Iā€™m usually around in inhabited areas, so I rarely risk my life with my clothing style :wink: But I get what you mean, and I will definitely keep that in mind if my trip to iceland will finally take place!

Now it gives me a popup: ā€œYouā€™ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 40 seconds before trying again.ā€
I hate it I tell you, even more than before.

Have you heard of Lady Godiva? Maybe she could be an inspiration to you :slight_smile:

Yeaaaaaahno. Just thinking about horseā€™s hair on very delicate placesā€¦ brrrrrrrrno. * shudders *
I always wanted to try out a side-saddle, butā€¦ well. They are incredibly rare, and since I used to ride on icelandic horses almost exclusively, they might just look a bit unfitting :smile:

So yeah, trousers when riding are more or less okay :wink:

Just wear these. Bonus points if you hunt your own bear to make one with.

2 Likes

Actually a nice idea! Some nice, fluffy fake-fur cape in black might look incredibly good and keep me warm as well :wink:
Hunting my own bear is out of the question, though - most likely, the bear would instead hunt me, and I wouldnā€™t like to kill an animal unless I absolutely have to. Having a nice fluffy cape is not one of those cases :wink:

1 Like

If/when I do, I use as much of the animal I can. I am thankful for the animal, so I show it respect.

1 Like

Fair thing :+1:
Iā€™m okay with people eating meat or hunting or fishing, as long as it is, like you said, at least basically respectful. The way animals are treated in industrialized factory farming is definitely not okay, but hunting an animal and using basically everything it provides you with is a whole different story, I thinkā€¦

2 Likes

I would agree. I buy 1/4 a cow at a time from a local, ethical farmer. I donā€™t really eat any other animals. Chicken if I do venture away from beef.

When I was growing up, I wanted nothing more than to be in the FFA. (Future Farmers of America) So one day, we went to a farm. We were walking around and my mom had me pick out my own cow! I was crazy pumped as I thought I would get to keep it as a pet and show it at the fair and stuff. So she turned to the farmed and said we will take that one!

And that day I learned that beef comes from a cow that I had just pet and stared it in the eyes. (I was 8ish)

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s an important thing to realize - today, most companies try to hide the fact that the meat on your plate was a living, breathing animal before as much as possible, and I think that just does it no right. We have a sausage spread in Germany thatā€™s called ā€œlittle bear sausage spreadā€, with a family friendly, smiling comic bear on the cover - thatā€™s just ridiulous.

Iā€™m totally fine with people eating meat, but I think they should at least be aware that an animal gave its life for them, and what that animal looked like. Due to a chocolate company though, a significant amount of children in Germany thinks that cows are purple. Sigh.

2 Likes

If that stuff is shelf stable, I almost want to have you send me one due to how ridiculous that is! I can feel my sodium levels elevating just looking at that.

I agree with you here, but I would go slightly further. I donā€™t think as an adult, you should be allowed to eat/buy the meat unless you have processed the animal at least once yourself/had to see it firsthand. I think the amount of meat consumption would drop significantly.

1 Like

I can see why everyone is telling you this is a bad idea, but I am going to say I like this idea.

Do I need to know the First, middle, and last names of your whole family? No.

Did Amal and his family have a fun trip, and you want to tell us about it? Sounds great!

I would like to hear some personal stories, just not too personal. :rofl:

5 Likes

I donā€™t eat much meat these days, but I enjoy nothing more than tasting animals I havenā€™t eaten yet, and bits I havenā€™t tasted yet. My mom raised me on offals, which I still enjoy to this day - when I can find it, which is getting hard. My favorite dish when I was a kid was sheep brain in black butter - an old French recipe thatā€™s all but disappeared since the mad cow disease thing in the late 80s. Another fav of mine is tripe. And of course, haggis.

Here in Finland, I can find bear heart. Itā€™s a local delicacy. Itā€™s pretty good, but it donā€™t come cheap.

2 Likes

Nah, it requires cooling :wink: But I thought there would be similar stupid stuff in the US!

And ideally, respect for the animals as well as for the people who work with them (be it the farmer, butcher or cook) would rise. Sadly, itā€™s the other way round, in a way - people zapping through TV, stumbling across some report about the sad and terrible way animals are treated, quickly zap away in disgust and keep on munching their cheap meat. Most of them know the way it all works, and they donā€™t want to be remembered of that because that would show they are a) a person with little empathy towards other beings or b) they would have to change some of their habits.

Iā€™m a bit torn on that - my personal, private view is that many offals are (subjective, just for me personally!) a pretty nauseating thing (and yes, I handled them - both at work as well as for feeding a dog), but on the other hand I really like it when no edible parts of an animal are wasted. So - good thing! :wink:

1 Like

Yea I kinda agree with the others on privacy

I had a pretty near miss a couple years ago, some jackass almost shot me on the range, and video got leakedā€¦ went super viral

thankfully I never got identified in the video

Iā€™d love to hear from @amal more often,
About whatā€™s being worked on or played with
Various interviews and talks
Non product projects, like his smart ps90 project

Family life makes me squirm, not that I donā€™t care but thereā€™s just too much chance of not being able to take stuff back

2 Likes

Well, I NEED to know:
His mothers maiden name
His first pets name
The name of the street he grew up on
His favourite sport in high school
ā€¦

Asking for a friend :wink:

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget his first petā€™s nameā€¦

Yeah damn it, I doubled up the street name then changed to meal, but was supposed to be petā€¦have changed it.
NOW its funny :wink:

Ha right?

But if he goes on a trip/expo/bender and wanted to share, sure why not? I feel by this point he knows what not to put out there, and if you donā€™t want to hear/see about a fun/sad moment in his life, donā€™t watch it.

To clarify, I donā€™t really care either way.

2 Likes