The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I thought about doing a kilogram conversion, but decided it would be a fun little puzzle to unravel for half of the forum :wink:

For the brits in here, I should have thrown in a stone conversion.

2 Likes

6:30am here for me, I just read that and I literally started to salivateā€¦

Mmmmmm, breakfast chocolate :tongue:

I LOLā€™d pretty hard at this

You obviously donā€™t live in a glass house
:dad_joke:

:chocolate_bar:
I didnā€™t judge you here, I was just envious

1 Like

[ insert freedom unit joke about getting your FIRST jab in May and your SECOND in March ]
You guys are sooo weirdā€¦and stubborn

2 Likes

Why canā€™t we all just use ISO 8601 :frowning:

YYYY-MM-DD makes logical sense, plus it makes sorting by timestamp an absolute breeze.

6 Likes

For you, I guess the Shanghai webshop of Zotter might be a good starting point :wink:
Sadly, they have even less flavours than the US shopā€¦
No idea if they would ship from Austria to NZā€¦^^

To be honest, that date-thing is completely not understandable for meā€¦ I mean, day / month / year is okay. Turning it around, year / month / day, makes sense as well. But that format? I just donā€™t get it, and Iā€™m always confused by itā€¦

edit: hey Pilgrim, if you edit my posts, at least do so without spelling mistakes! :stuck_out_tongue:

You think itā€™s bad, you should try living here after cough cough years in the UK. I am still confused by dates and building floor numbers.

As for vaccines, why are you all so slow.

1 Like

Agreed

Agreed

Haha, I thought I was editing my own :rofl:

Fixed!

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s the thing with high ranks here - with great power comes great possibilities to mess stuff up :stuck_out_tongue:

:unicorn_thumbs_up:
Though I donā€™t know whatā€™s the problem with ordering a mere 1.6kg of wonderful chocolateā€¦ I mean, I had to get to the free-shipping-point, you know? :innocent:

1 Like

I was just going to say the same thing

Controversial post

I think it makes sense if you think about it

When someone tells me something is happening and gives me a date, the first thing you try to figure out is how soon it is in a general sense

Telling you itā€™s happening on the 27th doesnā€™t tell you if itā€™s a few days away or 8 months away

So you get month first to know general context, then the specific date

Itā€™s usually assumed to be the same year, so thatā€™s saved for the end as either a confirmation or a unique modifier

I think it comes more from the way people say datesā€¦

Do you say ā€œDecember 12thā€ or ā€œ12th of Decemberā€? The former seems more common in the US and the latter in the UK. Of course the reverse could be just as trueā€¦

Agreed itā€™s a regional thing

But think of it like this

If I say the apex is coming out the 17th of ā€¦

The first bit of information does nothing until you receive the second

If I say the rent is due august ____
You are already providing context for what follows

I agree, but the nice thing about the year at the beginning though is it removes ambiguity, especially online. With DD-MM-YYYY and MM-DD-YYYY both existing, you donā€™t immediately know which is which in a lot of cases. 04-06-2021, for example. Is it April or June?

Since YYYY-DD-MM isnā€™t a thing, having the year at the beginning automatically tells you the exact format itā€™s going to be in, removing ambiguity.

i often name certain files like thisā€¦ 2021.05.04 is the May 4th, 2021ā€¦

1 Like

You appear to have a fencepost error somewhere. :rofl:

you sure about that?

magic

What was it Arthur C Clarke said? Any sufficiently advanced editing is indistinguishable from Magic? Something like that.

2 Likes

I believe it was foundation seriesā€¦ and I heard it was being made in live action like years agoā€¦ wonder if it will ever get done.

I talked about it above, but YYYY-MM-DD is sweet sweet ISO 8601.

My favorite date format.

YYYY-DD-MM doesnā€™t really exist, though, afaik.

1 Like

I am going to start using that now just so that you are wrong.

2021-05-05