The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

YouTube test video. YMMV.

Edit: I would happily do a proper test but I won’t be home for a couple months.

Edit 2: I suppose it would work if you rested your hand on the window long enough because it could heat it up enough to be detected.

The xAC V2= 60mA Idle 100mA Operating

Even better

The problem here is that the “science” being done in the video is nothing like what is being proposed
 “glass” does not reflect IR
 only certain types do. The “glass” used was super thick and obviously not UV filter car glass (which I think passes IR just fine to help avoid turning the car into a solar oven). The sensor is fully encased in its own plastic casing with its own index of refraction etc. and I’m not proposing such a module simply be placed inside the car
 what I’m saying is you silicone glue the actual sensor right up to the back of the glass;

That thing
 put that right up against the back of the glass and test for motion detection at 2cm - 10cm away with a human hand
 my bet is it should work
 but we won’t know until someone tests.

1 Like

100% agree with more testing testing. My intention with the link wasn’t “this won’t work.” It just seems to jive with IR not wanting to pass through insulators–like glass. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit : a contactless thermometer might be a good way to test this without assembling something.

1 Like

Totally understand. I can get spicy sometimes when it comes to multitasking
 :wink:

2 Likes

Hey guys just thought I’d throw this out there I’ll be in Bella Vista, Arkansas from the 28th to through the 30th (leaving the first of July) if any of you are around there and wanna grab lunch or something pm me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This birthday brought to you by the reminder : “blood doesn’t make family”

But it can make a mess.

1 Like

Too bad, it’s on the opposite side of the state from me. I’m out in the sticks.

1 Like

Just checking in since I discussed this trip on here, train is stopped in Denver right now!

Still have like 33 hours left to San Francisco, if my math is right. Excited to go through the Rockies today. I got a seat on the right side of the train, which is supposed to be the best view. I originally had a seat on the left side, hence the blurry mountain photo coming into Denver.

So far it’s been pretty fun, other than sleeping. Despite reclining, these seats are awful to sleep in. Gonna take a full dose of melatonin tonight. I tried a half dose last night, and it didn’t cut it.

5 Likes

What percentage clorahex are the flex implants shipped in? Also correct me if wrong the evaporation of the clorahex is what leaves the implant clean?

Chlorhexidine is 4% but no the evaporation and crystalization is the mechanism used by iodine. Wet iodine does hardly anything. Chlorhexidine kills in contact. If the solution works it’s way out of a vial or sealed bag, the internal contents should be just as “clinically clean” for a pretty long while
 those molecules are significantly smaller than bacteria and viruses.

1 Like

Right cool thanks! I knew that I was thinking of chlorhexidine or iodine I couldn’t remember which should have just googled that bit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

keep ‘em comin’

2 Likes

As you wish
 These are a few of my favorite photos I took in Colorado, which I’ll be leaving in a couple of hours. Colorado was even more pretty than I was expecting, with a ton of variation.

7 Likes

I think the anti-derailment thread is the right place for these. :slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy your trip.

5 Likes

@darthdomo I hope your Itinerary stays on track
:dad_joke:

4 Likes

Don’t go too loco with the puns @pilgrimsmaster.

I know you have the motive, but don’t let your guard down and watch your conduct-or this whole thread will go off the rails.

1 Like

Fair points
This is not the platform for such silliness, but we shouldn’t let that become a barrier to getting all-aboard the Pun Train

all this reminds me of

5 Likes