The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Hmmm double negative ā€¦ So you always make such claims?

:unicorn_thinking:

1 Like

Hmm touchƩ :slight_smile:

Double negatives are among a number of really shitty English constructs I picked up in the area I grew up in, that Iā€™ve been trying to banish from my verbal and written output for decades because they kinda mark me as a hick, but I havenā€™t been too successful at it. Occasionally I slip. Oh well, nobodyā€™s perfect.

Oh and yeah, I probably am a shingle shy of a roof. And so are you, else you wouldnā€™t be patronizing this here forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t deny itā€¦ :laughing:

Yes, I made a few clocks using them years ago (Arduino and drivers) but seen a set being sold and nabbed them i love the glow.

2 Likes

Anyone here have experience with the iCopy-X and implants? or just in general really?

Arghā€¦ I have to get back on this again, a bit - Iā€™m lacking time to visit this forum a bit, so if I want to reply to something, I have to re-de-rail everything againā€¦ but still :wink:
We were talking about the glowing, radioactive implants before, and by stating that mine is not radioactive, I meant the mechanics it uses for glowing. Itā€™s glowing in the dark after charging on (uv-)light, so thatā€™s definitely a different mechanic, compared to Tritium. Of course, it might be radioactive because itā€¦ dunno, was placed near something radiating before. Or had to many long-distance plane flights or whatever. Everything can be radioactive - thatā€™s why radiocarbon dating worksā€¦
But still, I am very sure my artist would not implant something significantly ā€œmoreā€ radioactive than a banana inside me without telling me about the risks first :wink:

I hope it works out well - I had plans to make a line with the stars, from my implant on the lower side of the wrist up to the crook of my arm, and my artist advised against it. We are still thinking about getting some thicker custom-made stars for that project, but wellā€¦ that might take lots of time or never happen at all. I really like your idea, but since I am advertising the little glowies quite a lot here (just because I love them :wink: ), I just donā€™t want you to be disappointed afterwardsā€¦

I wasnā€™t meant as a whole thing lol,

It was just a tongue in cheek
ā€œbut how do you know?ā€

1 Like

I know my phone has a ton of sensors - is there a built-in Geiger counter as well? Iā€™d just love to check my bananas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

some phone apps try to use the camera as a shitty geiger counterā€¦ basically you black out the camera and when it sees little pixels flash above a threshold then its assumed that was a high energy particle hitting the CMOS sensor

I think that was supposed to be a thing, years ago for some form of national securityā€¦ but I never heard of anything solid come from it

This has nothing to do with implant (although, in a sense it does a bit) but I gotta say, the human body is a fantastic machine.

Last week I spent a day milling steel parts in the workshop barefoot. I know, not terribly smartā€¦ I got a million metal splinters into my soles which I didnā€™t feel at the time. Since last Friday, every morning when I get out of bed and take my first steps, I feel painful spots here and there. Sure enough, when I inspect the areas, I find splinters just poking through the surface that have been pushed out of my skin overnight.

Maybe Iā€™m easily impressed, but I find the whole self-repair process properly fascinating.

2 Likes

You amuse me lol, magnet implants are a terrible idea because you might get a steel sliverā€¦

Also you, letā€™s walk barefoot around a mill lol :joy:

4 Likes

The slivers donā€™t bother me. Well they do, but theyā€™re a fact of life for a machinist.

What bothers me with a magnet in a finger is, instead of getting a splinter every once in a while, my finger would attract themā€¦ well, like a magnet :slight_smile: That and I donā€™t want to spend my day trying to brush iron powder and filings off my finger or off my tools. Itā€™s annoying enough when it happens to a screwdriver, but at least you can demagnetize the screwdriver. Exactly what you canā€™t and donā€™t want to do with a magnet implant.

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is, you canā€™t put the magnet on pause when itā€™s inconvenient - be it around iron filings in the workshop or before getting near an MRI machine. Thatā€™s my beef. If I cared to wear shoes, I could put my stupidity on pause. But itā€™s not an option with the magnet.

Also, the barefooting in the workshop just happened. It never crosses my mind. Itā€™s only after 3 or 4 hours when I picked up the angle grinder that I figured I really should use safety shoes - by which time, it was far too late to avoid the splinters :slight_smile:

In german we have a word that roughly translates to handshoe (glove), that might be a solution.

Handshoes are not an option when you work on parts. I wish they were - it would save me a lot of work, because my sweat is acidic and I keep ruining steel parts if Iā€™m not careful to store them in oil overnight. And also Iā€™d have clean hands instead of looking like a hobo when Iā€™m done.

But you canā€™t do precise work with gloves. You can with latex gloves, and with those ā€œliquid gloveā€ sprays, but they last about 5 seconds before getting punctured.

1 Like

@anon3825968
thats quite a bit of driving but i would have done the same for something id really want

what kind of implant are you getting installed that you need to go sofar away for ?

lets not derail that ohter thread

wait you are also a machinist ? @anon3825968

@anon3825968

ah okey my latest install was in germany
what flex are you getting installed ?

better if you have somone who says that he cant do it then somone who says yeah i can do it and then complety fuck it up

ah okey what did you like the most to do ? wich career ?

ah yeah makes sense gunsmith thats awesum

i am a cnc machinist :smiley:

If you have a Rosco brand 80% kit, let me know. I want to build one real bad.

Sorry I specialize in luxury hunting rifles :slight_smile: Think Holland & Holland, Purdey and such.