The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Holy crap itā€™s really coming down nowā€¦

I think Iā€™m gonna call a cab.

I am going to have to visit finland someday. Those trees are beautiful. We do not have trees like that here. Theyā€™re all short and shrubby.

Youā€™re not (too) far from the forest. Iā€™m in SW Arkansas.
Best pic Iā€™ve got right now.

And yeah, Iā€™m originally from Kansas so I definitely feel ya.
Although, on the flip side, the deer here are tiny poorly fed things, comparatively speaking.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been out to Arkansas before the trees and hills there are very nice. Iā€™m out in west/central Texas so its mostly grasslands here. Bonus is I get to stare at the windmills pretty much anytime I want. Theyā€™re pretty neat to watch at night. Its like a bunch of UFOs just blinking away in the skyline.

I miss the prairie skies. This used to be my view out the front door.

My family still lives there, and thereā€™s one place where I can stand and see windmills in 3 different counties.

2 Likes

Seattle is a great mix of evergreen and deciduous

5 Likes

Seattle is in Japan :interrobang: ā€¦:open_mouth: :exploding_head:

RD4yiNy

LPWJB6t

1 Like

No, just a little bit of Japan in Seattle

Middle of Nowhere Tennessee has its moments (some from home some from elsewhere)

3 Likes

The Oregon Coast has itā€™s moments.

This last one was taken when a wildfire was just a few miles away. The north end of town was evacuated, and we were in the ā€œbe ready to go at a momentā€™s noticeā€ area.

5 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Walletmor - some questions

Germany has itā€™s momentsā€¦

(Iā€™m a very lucky person, living a short walk from a nature reserve - I just love that forest)

4 Likes

Vancouver is very similar to Seattle, but with healthcare.

10 Likes

Just cause we are showing locations. I genuinely feel Afghanistan is a gloriously beautiful place.

Edit to add: I donā€™t speak shit for Dari or Pashtun, but the card game Hearts is a universal language. I sat on that roof top behind me, for a few nights, just playing the game hearts with the afghan soldiers, and drinking tea.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to play with a real SVD,
I hear the civvy remakes are garbage

1 Like

I had the opportunity to shoot their RPG.

I was one of the few soldiers who tried to treat them like our own, and relate to them.

I was declined the authority to shoot the RPG, due to ā€œtheir error rateā€

I am 99% sure my commander was just jealous.

Yea I donā€™t think Iā€™d want to mess with thoseā€¦

A nice newly manufactured one maybe, but Iā€™ve know enough to steer clear personally

1 Like

Eh, at the end of the day, I would either not care it malfunctioned, or I would be collecting that disability.

Either way Iā€™d be alright.

Iā€™m fine with a lot of sketchy things, explosives not so much lol

Plus thereā€™s sabotaged munitions floating around that was left to be salvaged,

My luck Id decide to try the frag, that was swapped with a smoke fuse

Not to mention, sometimes you get fucked upā€¦ but donā€™t get disability

Yeah Iā€™m fine with real sketch things. No problem there. Prolly not the best for me.

Sure, but it was the same ones he had to shoot.

Fair, might not. But still.

Still would shoot it today. You make a great point, not trying to say there is no risk. I just donā€™t care that much about it malfunctioning