The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Itā€™s weird the lines you draw,

Iā€™ve probably done equally stupid stuff, and didnā€™t blink and eye, but another situation is some how different

1 Like

Geeā€¦ I purchased 2 RFID readers from a vendor in the Czech Republic (only vendor that sells those in RS232 version in Europe), and itā€™s taking forever to arrive. This is the second time I order from them and it took even longer the first time. The Czech post really is the slowest shipper in Europe:

It spent 19 days at flotsam in the Baltic drifting up to Helsinki apparently. I guess itā€™s cheaper to pitch it into the sea and hope the currents go in the right direction than load it onto a boat :slight_smile:

I see the problem. They got their month / day in the wrong order. Thatā€™ll bork shipping for sure. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Do shipments like that have to go through some sort of customs? Or since both countries are part of the EU is it supposed to be quicker?

Youā€™d think that - and this one went straight through, to my surprise. But the first order I made from that Czech supplier was intercepted by customs and they charged me VAT on it. Hey, why notā€¦ Itā€™s not like Iā€™m gonna refuse it, right? So itā€™s essentially free money for those thieves. Can you tell I hate customs?

At least they canā€™t apply import duties since the Czech Republic is part of the Eurozone.

Their being in Europe doesnā€™t guarantee a speedy delivery though. In fact, Iā€™ve had stuff coming from China faster than from Czechia. Their postal services are just terrible.

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly not surprised But youā€™d think they wouldnā€™t be charging VAT and putting packages within the eurozone through customs.
I thought the whole point of the EU was to make things like customs between neighboring countries not needed.

Europe has many advantages for its residents. I live here and Iā€™m not complaining: itā€™s really the best place ever.

But Iā€™ll you a secret: like everywhere else, it really only profits the rich. We peons get to pay and pay, and then pay some more, while the rich exploit the system for all itā€™s worth because they can. Free flow of goods and capital is for them, not for you. Europe is just the least revolting place where this occurs.

1 Like

Oh you donā€™t have to tell me Iā€™m an American/Scottish millennial. Iā€™m trying to convince my gf to move to Scotland with me. Scotlandā€™s doing marginally better than the US.

Scotland got swept up in the whole Brexit debacle against their will. Personally, I predict another referendum sooner than later and their rejoining the EU.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve tried a couple immediately after Brexit, but Teressa May blocked new referendums. But I agree that itā€™s only a matter of time till Scotland leaves the UK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_3SCssMqS6_4Ipkx65v_xlYZ1kpqncK/view?usp=drivesdk

8 Likes

Just a random link to Google driveā€¦sure why not click it :wink:

Looks like somebody has been busyā€¦
There are going to be a few excited people here with questionsā€¦

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

IS THAT AN ARGB BLINKY?
shocked5

2 Likes

I do wonder if itā€™s a somehow controllable RGB, or simply a slow flasher type bulb
Either way is absolutely awesome though

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HgTw3FhWcUVA-j33aqPFLWzElWWqvD6Y/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

It looks like addressable RGB to me.

I did not want to make you hopes ā€¦ moment of posting of the link wasnt the bestā€¦
But I can not say more without Satur9 tearing my head off xD

2 Likes

Theyā€™re just two diiferent models of dumb flashing LEDs. As we learned from PaulTā€™s product, adding a MCU to the mix just adds failure point. Keep it simple, safe, and reliable.

3 Likes