The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This is why I donā€™t buy into ā€œBoth sides are badā€.
I donā€™t see the far left causing anywhere near the amount of issues as I do the far right. Especially when you look at violence caused by sides. Itā€™s the far right.

5 Likes

And I as an independent see the Red and Blue generally as drama. There are few politicians I agree with mostly agree with. Not gonna talk about that here, anyone can PM me if you want. This comes up every so often, and generally is not the best place.

1 Like

From what I have seen

The right uses violence to make their Stance for their rights.

Left has stupidity (mistrust of science) and misinformation.

I would argue the misinformation is equally harmful if not more so than violence, obviously just less physically damaging.

The misinformation reaches further, thanks to social media.

The far left and right anti-vaxxers are equal FUCKTARDS in my book.

2 Likes

what leftist mistrust of science are you even on about? any non bias news articles would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

From my experiences so far in the US I would say that the far right are currently spreading more misinformation. Both sides have issues though. Outside the US it is different.

As for people who have not had a Covid vaccine yet Eric Idle linked to this on Twitter recently.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m American but no one on the left here is anti vaxx or anti-science.

3 Likes

hmmā€¦ i bet i could find a few that identify as ā€œon the leftā€ but also anti-vaxxā€¦ i mean, defacto leader of the anti-vaxx movement Jenny McCarthy springs to mindā€¦ for oneā€¦ sheā€™s pretty left leaningā€¦ so far left she left The View because they asked her to play a more ā€œconservative roleā€ on the show.

3 Likes

I forget the green party exists.
But still thatā€™s a politically irrelevant part compared to the Maga part of america

Itā€™s not a matter of left or right, but a matter of education.

Anti-vaxxers, just like horse dewormer crowd or the Victoriaā€™s Secret bras tracking women, lack the basic scientific knowledge, logical thought processes and critical thinking required to sort out bullshit from plausible reality. Itā€™s lack of education that makes them gullible. Itā€™s also what makes trying to knock sense into them an experience akin to having an itch you canā€™t scratch: they simply donā€™t operate on the same basic premises as you, and they lack the shared edicational background required for two people to have a meaningful conversation.

The reason why political leanings seem to come into play is because lack of education often correlates well with right-wing opinions and level of religiousity, especially in the US. You find right-wingers predominently in poorer, more uneducated community - which incidentally also explains why blue collars often strangely believe in the right of ultra-rich people to fuck people like themselves over. But being right-wing or bible-thumping is a consequence of lack of education, not a cause.

Itā€™s also you donā€™t find as many anti-vaxxers in Europe, because Europeans in general get a better education. And for the same reason, US-style far-right opinions are very uncommon in Europe.

3 Likes

Derail incoming! What a day for a ride! Who else rides?

3 Likes

Funny enough, in Germany, the right simply occupies both points :smile:
The (far-)right has lots of violence, trouble with german gun laws and all that, and as well denies climate change, refuses to get vaccinated and generally loves to spread tons of misinformation if it suits them - especially if you can alter some facts to spread hatred against people who either come from other countries or at least look like they do.
The far-left has violence as well, combined with a desire for burning cars and throwing bricks (though I seriously doubt the political motives behind that), and we might have some left-/hippy-style people left in the german anti-vaxxing movement.
Problem is, they both see the world in a pretty black/white scheme, so both have their beloved bogeyman and sometimes donā€™t want to think beyond that.

This is generally the case in Germany as well, though we still have some sort of ā€œworking classā€ social-democrats as well as some clever near-neonazi assholes who manage to steer the dumb masses of their followers pretty good, sadly. (edit: oh, and we have the well-educated capitalists, who usually lean a lot more to the ā€œconservativeā€ side and are often moderate right-wing as well)
Problem is, we have a pretty wide-spread newspaper here that caters to a less educated audience and definitely spreads misinformation, seeds hatred and distorts all facts they can get, and itā€™s sold in every shop, every gas station, everywhere. So that definitely helps to spread right-wing ideas among the people who lack educationā€¦

1 Like

You have The Sun in Germany?
:unicorn_scared:

1 Like

Nope, we have the ā€œBILD-Zeitungā€. I think itā€™s pretty similar :wink:

2 Likes

Oh gawd, Iā€™m being used as a guinea pig at the hospitalā€™s health center. I have a weekly appointment with a physiotherapist there, and this morning she had 3 students from the local U in her office, and asked me once again if I minded letting them manipulate those ā€œthings under my skinā€, so theyā€™d get a chance to be exposed to such unlikely circumstances at least once in their physiotherapistā€™s career. Last week it was one student.

Trouble is, itā€™s a half hour appointment, and I spend 20 minutes being poked at and unpleasantly massaged in places I donā€™t need a massage by unsteady, clammy hands - and 3 sets of clammy hands this time - then only 10 minutes getting, you know, the physiotherapy that Iā€™m actually coming for.

I proposed she set up a workshop at the University and Iā€™d come entertain the entire class once and for all if she thought it was that interesting, and get it out of the way. But she went all red and giggly and said there was no need, because she only invited her best students to witness ā€œinteresting odditiesā€. I think something mightā€™ve gotten lost in her English explanation and sheā€™s possibly a bit more tactful in Finnish, because I almost felt rudely objectified :slight_smile:

Oh well, at least the flexNExT is being useful for something for a change.

3 Likes

Weird,

I expected some of the crazies, and some of the bewildered

But honestly most people I know donā€™t give a shiiiiiiit lol

Most are just like, nah Iā€™m good, and thatā€™s the end as far as they are concerned

My sister in law just finished her doctorate in PT, and she has expressed zero curiosity, professional or otherwise

I guess this is the psychological effect Amal is always referencingā€¦

Or Iā€™m just really uninteresting

2 Likes

Most people in my neck of the woods are surprisingly interested by implants. Some quite intensely so. Medical professionals are among them: theyā€™re truly fascinated by my hardware, and none of them ever asked me who installed it or lectured me on safety. Itā€™s all genuine candid interest. Very refreshing compared to other places in the world. But itā€™s the first time I find it a bit excessive :slight_smile:

I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact that implant wearers really are quite a rare sight around these parts from what I can gather.

1 Like

I would imagine that that is true everywhere though. Some really big cities you might get small clusters, but I would be surprised if there is anyone within 40 miles of me that knows much about RFID or implants.

Then I guess the locals are simply naturally curious and open-minded about technology. After all, the town of Oulu where I live is considered one of Europeā€™s ā€œliving labsā€, where residents experiment with new technology (such as NFC tags and ubi-screens) on a community-wide scale according to Wikipedia, and the self-styled NFC capital of the world (although that was quite a few years from now).

I guess dabbling with NFC is as good as anything to get your kicks during the long winter evenings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see both ends of the spectrum here quite often. Iā€™ve had a doctor tell me I was an idiot, one tell me I was crazy and there was no way ā€œyou have that shit under your skinā€ and then on the contrary Iā€™ve had a very kind understanding plastic surgeon talk with me about them for 25 minutes after he put one in my hand.

People on the other hand are pretty much either scared of it, scared of me, assume Iā€™m a Satanist, or just think itā€™s cool :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I generally donā€™t tell people about them unless I know them well, but I told one of my new coworkers at the time and she seemed accepting until days later a different co worker told me she had been saying all kinds of stuff like ā€œHe doesnā€™t realize how dangerous that is in his hodyā€ ā€œSomeone is going to steal all his informatonā€ ā€œThose things are so harmfulā€ etc.

Is the abuse included in the price of the consultation or is it extra?
Had I been in your place, Iā€™d have left his joint right there and then.

Thatā€™s universal human wretchedness. Some people are very skilled at being all smiles in your face and trashing you behind your back - including here.

2 Likes