The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Sticking a firework up your bum would be more epic.

Well acr122u is now obsolete just had a notification from acs. So buy them now or youā€™ll get a clone :sweat_smile:

Apparently the acr1252 is the upgrade / replacement so will have to pick one of them up to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is unfortunate, because itā€™s far from certain that the replacement will work as well with implants - being that the ACR122Uā€™s good performance in that application is almost certainly a complete fluke.

Time to hit the distributors to stock up on a few remaining 122sā€¦

Thanks for the heads up. What does the ACR122u do for me that I canā€™t do with the proxmark3 easy?

I havenā€™t found a need for an ACR yet, but I just might not have discovered what I need it for yet.

ACR readers are great if you plan on making applications to run on a pc work with implants. I.e. if I want to create an app that uses my implant to authenticate me without using the uid.

1 Like

It was the day my grandmother exploded.

Iain Banks, The Crow Road

The PM3 is more of a R&D / hacking tool. It makes for a poor everyday reader. The ACR122U - and other good readers, itā€™s not the only one, but itā€™s one of a rare few that truly works really well with implants - is a good day-to-day performer, for logging in and such, and an okay programmer for mundane NFC programming tasks.

One of the reasons for this is, the ACR122U is PC/SC compatible, meaning any old PC/SC CCID stack and software out there will support it, while the PM3 essentially only talks to its client - and reliably only the matching version of it at that.

If you insist on using the PM3 for non-hacking purposes - login, screen locking, autotyping, keyboard wedge and such - and you use Linux, SiRFIDaL supports it. To my knowledge, itā€™s the only third-party software that does for anything other than hacking around with it.

Question for Amal probably, or anybody who has a thin flexie in a finger: Iā€™m feeling a very slight bump over the proximal edge of the flexNT - the one closest to my knuckle. Itā€™s rather new: I first noticed it yesterday. I think itā€™s scar tissue because I keep hitting that edge each time I put my hand in my pocket, and also because thatā€™s where it used to bite the most and now it doesnā€™t bite anymore. In other words, I think my body has built up some protection padding there or something.

Do you feel anything like that over yours?

Itā€™s not annoying or painful or anything. Iā€™m just curious because it might also be a kink in the implant after bumping it on some table edge. But I doubt it because the edges feel straight, and since it sits curved straddling the bone, it wouldnā€™t create a kink across the width without raising the corners.

Typically what happens is the flexNT slides to one side and one of the corners tend to poke up a bit. This is what happened to me. Since itā€™s hard to take a picture and manipulate it with my other hand I can sorta cross my finger a bit and push up that corner a bit.

In case itā€™s not obviousā€¦ this is the little bumpā€¦

Okay thanks. Mine is still fresh enough that itā€™s still dead centered over the finger. I expect it to slide off to one side over time based on your experience, but for now itā€™s straight. Thatā€™s kind of why I keep touching it, to feel it go off to the side - and hopefully push it back towards the center if it does. Thatā€™s how I felt the bump - which unlike yours runs across the finger, over the short edge basically.

It might be more of that funk my body seems to like making over flex implants.

Speaking of funk, my back flexEM is covered with it now. It makes quite a bump in my back. Itā€™ll be gone in a few months probably. And the skin over the implant is still kind of blue. This one is taking a mighty long time to heal. I didnā€™t expect that. I suppose it has to do with the fact that Iā€™m more lying down than standing up these days.

Iā€™m hoping the choice to install the ā€œgummyā€ flexEM doesnā€™t result in this ongoing reactionā€¦ but I think it just might. Youā€™re likely allergic to the adhesive and your body is likely going through a cycle of encapsulation and attacking itā€¦ it may be some time before it calms down unfortunately.

The other thing that might be going on with the bump is a thing I have on my index finger. If you put your finger on it and feel it, then flex your middle finger with the bump fullyā€¦ so full range of motionā€¦ does the bump move at all? I have these little bumps that seem to be attached to my tendon. Doc said they can happen and some will go away on their own while others just hang out forever. Mine got big, then smaller, now just sit there going mostly unnoticed.

Your bump prob isnā€™t the same thing, but itā€™s kinda interesting so hereā€™s a video hah

Yeah clearly. Itā€™s the exact same shenanigan as my flexNExT. Difference is of course, I donā€™t care in my back. And it doesnā€™t have blinkies to go dimmer. And also, now that I know what to expect, itā€™s nowhere near as alarming. The upside of it is, now you definitely know for sure the glue you stopped using anyway isnā€™t all that great :slight_smile:

Yeah I tried that. I figured if the bump is attached to the skin, it should move with it. So I lay my hand flat on the table, put my finger over the bump and pulled the skin back at the knuckle. I canā€™t feel it move, but it doesnā€™t mean anything because I lost so much weight that the skin on my hand is taught as a drum. It just doesnā€™t move much at all - and if I keep at it, Iā€™ll crack the skin I think.

The bump definitely isnā€™t attached to a tendon. Itā€™s straddling the short edge of the implant. Either itā€™s something my body deposited over the edge to protect against chaffing under the skin, or itā€™s a kink in the implant just next to it that makes the edge feel raised. But I doubt itā€™s the latter.

Yeah you get strange things on your tendons as you age. I have a bunch of rough stuff over some of my tendons in my wrist, including a large cyst thing. When I showed them to my doc years ago - one, then another, then another - eventually he looked at me with a jaded look on his face and told me ā€œYouā€™re not used to it yet are you?ā€ ā€œUsed to what?ā€ ā€œYou growing old. Itā€™s N-O-R-M-A-Lā€¦ Itā€™s the sort of stuff you get when you get old.ā€ :slight_smile:

200 (2)

200 (3)

Oh wow thatā€™s creepy. Mine isnā€™t even visible at all when I flex the finger:

My humpsā€¦ my lovely finger bumpsā€¦ check it out.

1 Like

You might just be an alien being from another planet.

Iā€™m watching this video from Technology Connections (not his usual fare) and itā€™s actually quite interesting:

Around 15 minutes in, the guy is having an epiphany on why trains are great, why people donā€™t take it in the US, why the train service getting worse is a vicious circle, why Americans never get to see their own country, and why people should have more vacation and more public services. All things Europeans take for granted because duhā€¦

Itā€™s so strange to watch a 21st century American slowly awakening to what everybody here has known for many decades. It feel like watching a man from the turn of the 20th having budding thoughts on societal improvements, but filmed in modern Youtube format. Oddly interesting watching experience.

1 Like

It was really weird timing, seeing that video 2 months after my trip. Technology Connections is one of my favorite channels.

I had considered taking the Southwest Chief, and instead decided on the California Zephyr.

It was also weird seeing the recent derailment in Montana. If I had taken the train back at the end of my trip (if I didnā€™t have to evacuate Portlandā€¦), it would have been the same route, and likely the same train itself. Made me think for a little bit.

1 Like

Finally happened :slight_smile:

kids-dancing

c9ae85b4431228f0d59e2ab9e4515378

This coming Saturday will mark one year since I got my implants installed. This Sunday marked one year since my first post on the forum (other than a question I asked in 2018 about the NFC ring :laughing:).

Iā€™ve been doing a lot of reflecting lately, and I just wanted to say thanks. Itā€™s been a turbulent year for me to say the least, as it was for many people, but this community (and my implants themselves) gave me something stable to hold onto during hard times.

Iā€™ve met and talked to a lot of great people here, and made some real friends. Iā€™ve even met one of you in person (:wink: @init6). Iā€™ve also learned a hell of a lot, and I hope Iā€™ve given back to the best of my ability.

Communities like this arenā€™t common. This one is something special, and Iā€™m proud to be a part of it.

giphy

14 Likes