The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

2 Likes

Congrats though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the secret society, your robes will be sent out in due course,

mc-elroy-secret-society-outfits

and a video demonstration of the secret handshake will be sent to your inbox.

2B7F8C39-0E6D-4509-92E8-9ED50CB1A4E1

you definitely deserve itā€¦

itā€™s going to happenā€¦SOONā„¢

looking imminent for @Coma also

2 Likes

Nope, I somehow missed a day in June or so

I could bite my own ass, but I missed two days in August or September :expressionless:

Okay, I got me 10 x ACR122U on order. You canā€™t have enough ACR122Us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice I just picked up 3 :grin:

:unicorn_shock_surprise:

That is some incredible flexibility.

Guess I should try a bit of yoga againā€¦

But, most important,

,if only I was flexible enoughā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

kicking-my-ass

3 Likes

reminds me ofā€¦

1 Like

Just as a general question. Has anyone here heard about the Amazon Astro? I think itā€™s pretty dystopian and kinda scary.

Cliff notes?

Hereā€™s the product description:

• Keep home closer - Meet Astro, the household robot for home monitoring, with Alexa.
  • Introducing Intelligent Motion - Amazon Astro uses advanced navigation technology to find its way around your home and go where you need it. When youā€™re not using Astro, it will hang out close by at the ready.
  • Stay connected from anywhere - Remotely send Astro to check on specific rooms, people, or things. Plus, get alerts if Astro detects an unrecognized person or certain sounds when youā€™re away.
  • Unlock even more peace of mind - Activate your 6-month free trial of Ring Protect Pro subscription and have Astro proactively patrol, investigate activity, save videos in Ringā€™s cloud storage for up to 60 days, and more.
  • Alexa Together subscription (coming soon) - Remotely care for aging loved ones, giving you peace of mind while helping them live independently. Set up reminders, manage shopping lists, receive activity alerts, and more.
  • Put Alexa in motion - Astro can follow you with entertainment or find you to deliver calls, messages, timers, alarms, or reminders.
  • Designed to protect your privacy - Turn off mics, cameras, and motion with one press of a button and use the Astro app to set out of bounds zones to let Astro know where itā€™s not allowed to go.
  • Customize with compatible products ā€“ Astro comes with a detachable cup holder and can carry other items (sold separately) like a Ziploc container, the OMRON blood pressure monitor, and a Furbo Dog Camera that tosses treats to your pet.

And there is a promotional video

TL;DR its Alexa on wheels with more sensors and semi-autonomy.

Jesus. Like they didnā€™t have enough ways to spy on you already.

2 Likes

The fact that one of the former nsa big wigs is a big wig of Amazon Alexaā€¦ tells me plenty

2 Likes

Honestly I canā€™t wait for one of these to get jailbroken, I would use it if it was an open source and I knew Amazon wasnā€™t taking every bit of info they could get off of me.

So I googled it, and apparently they like the throw themselves down stairsā€¦
Iā€™m not sure why but this pleases me, almost as much as people stealing the police robots

4 Likes

Its a thousand dollar robot that doesnā€™t have cliff detection? Wow

edit: Iā€™m disappointed there isnā€™t video of it yeeting itself down the stars yet.

Actually itā€™s not only dystopian, itā€™s also idiocracy-esque: not only are surveillance devices ubiquitous, people are willing to buy then, maintain then and submit to the surveillance willingly for a bit of convenience - be it Ring doorbells, IoT fridges, or the ever-creepy cellphone.

Iā€™ll never understand this. But Iā€™ve been told Iā€™m from another generation that worries about stuff nobody worries about no more. So maybe the world is fine and Iā€™m the dysfunctional one in itā€¦

3 Likes