The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I was just talking to the significant otherā€¦
Have an ongoing 3D print project Iā€™m trying to color fill

Asked if I could try some of her tactile paint ( visual impaired teacher)

When asked how much I said about a half a thimble

Iā€™ll measure in anything but metric lol :joy:

Check the Thimble Measures section on this page

Apparently a thimble is usually either 25ml and 50ml or 35ml and 75ml. Which end of which thimble where you using?

:rofl:

1 Like

Was taking apart the USSR drill press today and noticed the cm markings for depth of cut were on a removable plate. Pretty sure Iā€™m gonna try and make a new one in .100" increments.

So yeah, definitely feel ya

Uniforms? Check. Flavor-Aide? Check. I think we got that covered :rofl: hehe

3 Likes

I took Pilgrimsmasterā€™s idea one step further, and thought Iā€™d share with the class. Thereā€™s alot of videos out there on youtube that relate to my project, but all in spoken Russian.

Basically all you have to do is turn on the closed caption, then hit the little gear / settings icon next to it, and select auto translate, then pick your language.

It has alot of goofy machine translated mistakes, but you can get whatā€™s going on pretty well.

2 Likes

If Amaltown winds up in Iceland (that was the idea a while ago wasnā€™t it?) then Iā€™ll drink the fucking kool-aid before he even asks.

3 Likes

How good is the printing on the shirt?
I want to make a patch for my jacket and cutting up a shirt seems easier than screen printing myself a patch.

1 Like

I got patchesā€¦ lemme find em.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had to drag family members out of actual cultsā€¦ And this is not one. The cultists are those saying that our chips are the mark of the beastā€¦

However, I do recommend reading ā€œCombatting Cult Mind Controlā€ by Steven Hassan. Itā€™s a very good book on the psychology of high control groups even if the title sounds a bit woo woo.

1 Like

You have yet to experience the terrible apps and websites of most third world companies and governmentsā€¦ Bad IT is a global problem. Thankfully, Amal knows what heā€™s doing but this is not as common as Iā€™d like.

Uhhh this is for one person. You know who you are. Finally shoes you could wear.

1 Like

It seems as silly as painting a pair of jeans over you legs and crotch for covert nudism.

It gets around the ā€œthe health department says you have to wear shoesā€ group.

1 Like

I know, and I played that game too. But I solved that problem by living in countries where people donā€™t get a mental cramp at the sight of bare feet. I donā€™t hurt nobody and I want to live the way I want without faking it.

The thing with wearing fake shoes (or thin laces or anything else on your feet) to stretch the definition of footwear is 1/ the man wins because you bow to their wish to a certain extent and 2/ the man is upset anyway because clearly youā€™re taking the piss. So itā€™s a losing proposition either way.

When I lived in the US, I went barefoot everywhere - and in Utah too, in the deep bowels of the Happy Valley, not even in SF or something. I simply didnā€™t patronize the concerns that didnā€™t want my money. Plain and simple. And the truth is, I really didnā€™t have that many problems. Mustā€™ve been the suit and tie :slight_smile: But I certainly had more problems than here, which isnā€™t hard since I have zero problems here. The Finns donā€™t care and simply wait for the winter to force me into shoes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was going to say, the print is great on the shirt, but if Amal had premade patches, thatā€™s even better. :slight_smile:

I wonder if people would understand a t-shirt saying ā€œI have silicon implantsā€ or ā€œimplant silicon not siliconeā€.
:unicorn_thinking:

3 Likes

Iā€™m working on a little project, just about finished, but I might have to delay it for aboutā€¦ 38 YEARS

1 Like

That seems a long time to wait to complete your time machine.

1 Like

haha, I knowā€¦ the irony.

Iā€™ll just patiently wait until 2059, then buy up a handful.
Finish my time machine and travel back to today to then complete my time machine

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_509b12ce-d1b0-4109-8e79-5a135805d716_480x270

1 Like

soonā„¢

3 Likes