The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Stupid offtopic question - does anyone of you know a good shop for uncut rare DVDs or bluerays? One that ships to Germany, at best without taking all my cash for that :wink:
Iā€™m currently searching for DVD or Bluerays from one of my favourite trashy-sci-fi series - LEXX. Incredibly cheesy, but I really loved the first season as a childā€¦ problem is, I know every German dubbed version is heavily cut, especially the third film because of violence, and some others are cut because of nudity in other languages. So itā€™s impossible to get an uncut German version, and really difficult to find one in any other languageā€¦
Might just be some nostalgia kicking in, but Iā€™d love to see those again :wink:

Oh, for anyone who doesnā€™t know this wonderful piece of entertainment - weā€™ve got terrible CGI, a dark and strange story, decent actors (with Rutger Hauer, Tim Curry and Malcom McDowell in supporting roles!) and a space ship that looks like a flying penis dragonfly. And a great soundtrack.

1 Like

Bittorrent.

1 Like

Iā€™m not really used to all that filesharing-stuff, but I think Iā€™d like to have a physical copyā€¦ I could easily download the season on yt, thatā€™s not the main problem :wink:

If you ever want to just have a discussion, please reach out. I have been working in medical research for several years now, and have recently transitioned to be part of an actual team. I think there are a lot more safe guards in place than most realize.

1 Like

What price range are you looking for? Thereā€™s a medium sized chain book store near me that has all kind of used dvds. Iā€™d be willing to look there. Itā€™s a nice store to browse through, however their used prices arenā€™t always the cheapest.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually been relatively quiet latelyā€¦ I think bill gates started taking all the heat because of his 5G covid vaccine microchip.

6 Likes

Anyone having 403 errors anymore on editing posts?

Just tried to edit a post of mine. No 403.

Browser: Firefox

Sure do.

Linux / Brave

Or maybe I should ask: since when? Itā€™s been a couple days for me.

Since a couple days ago haha

At the end he states the team is looking for experts, @amal sounds like heā€™s looking for you!

1 Like

As a cynic, I canā€™t help but see the tragic irony of someone proposing with a straight face to discuss the threat Google poses to privacy on Youtube. Especially when he makes a living out of his Youtube videosā€¦

That was an understatement! This is all they had that I found.

I have pirated my fair share of entertainment over the years, but recently Iā€™ve tried to more legally ā€œvote with my moneyā€. These used prices guarantee this will continue sitting on a shelf until a company decides to dispose of it in some way.

1 Like

I would argue for a fan of the showā€¦ @Coma , that is a small amount of money to pay to have an original thing from your childhood.

2 Likes

I slightly agree. Statistically speaking, there is likely someone willing to pay that price for those DVDs if they are the ā€œoriginalā€ releases. However, the likelihood that person is in this particular store and actively searching for that particular title, Iā€™d guess is not likely.

Those were series 2 volume 2 & 3 for nearly $20. Iā€™m unaware how many other disks are required to complete the series. Two alternatives are to obtain it digitally online at little to no cost, or they could buy a physical copy of the complete series off ebay (I guess the seller has the digital rights to sell it) for $47.59 plus shipping.

Edit: Added picture and link

Link to the ebay listing

Lexx: The Complete Series 9 Disc Set USA VERSION ALL 4 SEASONS 96009414245 | eBay

Side note: This store also has a whole 3 foot section of shelves 5 rows tall with mostly just used Star Wars trilogy box sets 4,5,6 and 1,2,3. I didnā€™t bother to check the prices on them.

2 Likes

By the way, hereā€™s an interesting one: a few years back, someone offered me an insane amount of money for my entire collection of Derrick DVDs. Apparently everybody stopped selling them when Horst Tappert was revealed to be a former waffen-SS and theyā€™ve become rare enough that my cheesy collection suddenly became valuable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh hell - thanks for looking!
Amazing that they had any, to be honest^^

But better donā€™t bother buying or even watching anything beyond season 1ā€¦ it was all pretty crappy. Season 1 was incredible :wink:

2 Likes

But was it really?

I have found over the years, things you remember to be great, especially when you watch it when you are much younger, upon a re-watch, are far from it.
Sometimes, I think it is sometimes better to ā€œremember them as incredibleā€ rather than re-wach and destroy the nostalgia.

I have many examples, but the first that springs to mind

Highlander
Amazing move, great effects, good acting, good story, ā€œThey donā€™t make them like they used toā€

About 18 months ago, I thought to myself :thought_balloon:
ā€œWow, I havenā€™t watched that in years, it must be time for a viewing, This is going to be awesomeā€

No, No it wasnā€™tā€¦ WHAT a pile of shit,

ā€œThey donā€™t make them like they used toā€ Thank fuck for that!!!

I mean, a French-Swiss-American (Lambert) Playing a Scotsman, and a Scotsman ( Connery ) playing an Egyptian, pretending to be a Spaniard, WHAT WAS I EXPECTING?

So bad, I wished I remembered it as being good, rather than proving that it wasnā€™tā€¦

sometimes

Ignorance is bliss

1 Like

My rant out of the wayā€¦
Because of this

And due to the fact I have never seen itā€¦
I am going to give it a go.

If it is great, I will thank you @Coma
If it is terrible, I wont judge youā€¦much

1 Like

Itā€™s free with ads here for me. The first season is 4 episodes 93 minutes per episode. Iā€™m planning on giving it a go as well within the next week.

Tonight and tomorrow are already planned. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s anyone in here into Critical Role, but tonight is the start of their campaign 3.

2 Likes