Good luck

Donā€™t be a stranger

1 Like

Big D or little d?

Better yetā€¦ how about Sunny D?!

At least I wonā€™t have scurvy

ā€¦ why is my health a joke? Sigh

1 Like

Everything and Anything can be a jokeā€¦Well thatā€™s how I live my life anyway.

dIwnKPh

the-joker-why-so-serious

1 Like

If itā€™s summertime and youā€™re a nudist, possibly :slight_smile:

Yeah get a blood test. It donā€™t cost nothing and you might be surprised. I was.

The 45th parallel does run through the Northern end of the town I live in, but I used to live 10ā° further North (the UK is about the same latitude as the southern end of Alaska)

Yeah, most of western Europe is a lot further up north than most people realize. Like for example, New York City is roughly at the same latitude as Madrid, Spain. Yet New York experiences punishing winters while Madrid stays more or less balmy all year long despite the elevation. The difference is mostly due to the Gulf stream that allows western Europe to stay a lot warmer than it should be.

Even here in northern Ostrobothnia, the Gulf stream warms up the entire region considerably. Weā€™re at the same latitude as northern Siberia, but we donā€™t get nearly as extreme cold and hot weather here.

1 Like

You can save the web page with safari on Home Screen and it will feel like an app after that. Just like on android with chrome or other similar.

But I donā€™t think thereā€™s a good app for the forum.

1 Like

After few minutes of investigation there seems to be official discourse app but basically thatā€™s just the same web app as with safari.

1 Like

Pretty bummed mega/Facebook/oculus didnā€™t drop the new headset today

Say what you will about the Corpā€¦ I really wanted the next gen of vr

Anyone else getting this when they click on any images from the forum? I tend to use Imagus for browsing, so I donā€™t normally have issues, but if I want to zoom in, I just open the image in a separate tab.

If I hit ignore, it goes to the intended image without issues.

A minor annoyance, not a big deal, but curious if anyone else was getting this.

(sorry if it was already mentioned and I missed it)

Oddā€¦ doesnā€™t happen for me

yeah if i right click an image and hit ā€œview in new tabā€ on chrome, it brings me to that same error

Iā€™m only testing on my phone but it works fine in chrome for mobile

I get it when I try and open in a new tab.

Chrome on Android 10

Solar flares are going to make the northern lights visible in my area this weekend.

Long ago, a solar flare lit the telegrapb cables on fire around the world.

How long till my blinkies light up naturally?

3 Likes

Also, bought a pumpkin

4 Likes

Thatā€™s it. LPL just lost me forever. The guyā€™s channel is officially about peddling stuff now.

I mean itā€™s been obvious for quite some time that he only picks boring-ass locks that will let him use and plug the tools he sells. But now here, the guy returns after a 10-day hiatus because his voice had gone, only to pick a stupid marine-grade padlock that is of zero interest as far as lockpicking is concerned, solely as a lead-in to plug a ocean cleanup nonprofit and ask you to contribute. What next? Pick a lunchbox to raise awareness of world hunger? Pick a cunt-shaped keyway lock to fight genital mutliation?

Screw LPLā€¦

Itā€™s a big initiative from many people, like those 20 million trees last time. However bad that video was, it is to save the planet so forgive him.

The other arguments are valid tho.

Btw you can use SponsorBlock if you want to skip these segments which will be everywhere the next few weeks.

3 Likes

SponserBlock is amazingā€¦ Hope it never goes away.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry no. I donā€™t go to LPLā€™s channel to save the planet. Or cure cancer. Or give to the needy in Africa. For that, I go to generalist channels, or watch TV or - hereā€™s a concept - go work as a volunteer at my local Red Cross chapter. When I hit LPL, I want to watch the guyā€™s amazing talents being put to use and learn about interesting locks. I donā€™t want to hear about the ocean, however important the problem is. Sorry, there are other venues for that.

And I most certainly donā€™t want to hear about his web store neither, but I recognize I have to suffer a little of it because everybody needs to eat right? Unfortunately, LPL has overdone that for way too long and he doesnā€™t seem to understand the law of diminishing returns.

Donā€™t work on Invidious.