The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Count on it being rendered useless by Google in no time flat when it registers on their radar, if it hurts their bottom line.

Itā€™s not about you. This little inconvinience potentially removes tons of plastic from the seas. I hate ads, I hate sponsor segments, but this is legit at least morally good.

It only hurts the YouTubers not google.

They can not render it useless. Maybe in chrome.
Itā€™s user generated timestamps you skip automatically, if all fails, they can just move the mouse there and click.
(Even though this click would require an extra app, but yeah)

1 Like

It is totally about me :slight_smile: If LPL annoys me with feel-good initiatives when I donā€™t want to see them in LPL videos, I donā€™t watch LPL.

I dish out my moral goodness when and where I decide, not when LPL decides. Like I said, that includes donating time at my local recycling center. When Iā€™m done being a good citizen, I donā€™t want to hear about it.

Sadly people like me need big fancy YT initiatives to donate to a good cause.

Whatever, youā€™re right itā€™s your decision.

So I reprinted that part I was talking about with the primerā€¦ 3 days in the oven and it still didnā€™t cure

Got it reprinted properly, nice and cured after a single day, and only needed one coat instead of the 4 heavy costs I did last time

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve been working on

Now I just need to figure out how to wrap the handle in leather, Iā€™ve got a few ideas but nothing definitive

Iā€™ve got 50ā€™ of pretty thin leather, probably 1/8ā€
And about 12ā€™ of 1/4ā€

Going back to the store tommorow for the 3ā€™ piece thatā€™s 1/2ā€ or 3/4ā€ wideā€¦ which only comes in 3ā€ chunksā€¦ going to make a hand strap for this

Itā€™s weird how the weight determines maximum lengthā€¦ I suppose they are doing some kind of switchback cut from the hide, and width limits it somehow

Iā€™m planning to make some ring caps for the top and bottom of the leather wrap, bottom will let the hand strap through

I have 3 options,
lay the thick hand strap portion on the handle and wrap over it with the thin cord leaving a lump

Cut notches out on the sides sized for the hand strap and wrap with the thin cord leaving no lump

Make a squared off pocket in the bottom of the handle, using drill and a chisel

Then Iā€™ll wrap with the thin cord, which I think Iā€™ll try and soak in (warm?) water for a while to let it get soft and stretchy, and then drill a small hole on the handle and the starting point, glue it in and wrap with lots of tension and finish with a glued drilled hole alsoā€¦ hopefully when it dries it shrinks and gets even tighter on the handle

2 Likes

I then carved the pumpkin.

4 Likes

That looks really good, and would probably do a good job of smashing @Backpackingvet 's pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:?

Is that what it is for? Are you the ā€œAll hallows eve grinchā€

Or is that your costume prop?

Or are you a larper? which would go with your earlier plastic daggers :dagger: and dice :game_die:
JJRe8PiBSJO9DvmF4pC8_HEADERJul2015-Ragnarok-Sword1-GIF
:wink:
Anyway, because you asked for spray paint advice earlier, (Amal answered perfectly) Iā€™m not sure if you are aware of some of the different types of spray paints that might be suitable for your project.

When I saw your morning star, the first paint I thought of that might suit it was this stuff (I have used on wood efore and I was happy with the result)

A hammered metal effect, and many metal colours to choose from
245217_0411_UNI_12oz_Hammered_Black

effect looks like this

just use it the same way Amal suggested

1 Like

In short, wife wanted me to make her a morning star prop for our DND party close to Halloween

So I makeā€¦ and by make I mean I let my Adhd consume my very soul and let my perfectionist tendencies run wild

Suprisingly those spikes are super sharp, I printed it
With petg and like 7-8 walls thick to give it some heftā€¦ it might be plastic but it would wreck your day lol

That hammered paint is exactly what I want, I had a picture in my head but couldnā€™t put my finger on itā€¦

I hope it works ok with multiple coats, all those spikes will make getting full coverage in one coat tricky

2 Likes

Itā€™s gonna get smashed anyways to get rid of it. Thing is heavy.

Come on over if you want to smash my pumpkin.

Tannerite, just saying

2 Likes

Yeah, come on over with some.

Your not that far actually, Iā€™m just across that cold little lake

1 Like

Beat up the handle and then did a stain to make it look fairly weathered

I definitely like the hammered finish for the head of the morning star, itā€™s a bit in the shiny sideā€¦ maybe some dry rub or black wash to weather it back a bit

1 Like

Walletmor just 1 more day for USA release any thoughts ? :thinking:

It will be interesting to see what they do about partners in the US as some states ban implants from being implanted by any non medical personnel.

We switched to winter time this morning. Iā€™ll never understand why Finland applies daylight saving time, becauseā€¦ what daylight?

3 Likes

@Zwack Yes I was just reading there instagram and it said it wonā€™t be iCard. Who could it be the suspense :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Saw that also

I was meaning the implant partnersā€¦ But the payment company is also interesting.

I really wish we could get rid of daylights saving time.

3 Likes