The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Not using springs, but 2 contacts bent at a extreme angle to just kiss the battery when inserted

1 Like

I work with this young guy. Heā€™s an actual Electrical Engineer. Theyā€™ve got him working more in a Mechanical Engineering position, mostly cause heā€™s the only one available. Guy reminds me of a college frat. Super social, all about the buzz, no substance. Heā€™s the guy who in a group project would keep everything jazzed up without ever contributing anything.

The Senior engineer that he was working with retired, and he was one of those guys who thought that teaching someone else made himself less valuable. This means the young guy is now in the deep end of the pool without being able to swim.

I was asked to work with him, which in reality meant mostly doing his job for him. I didnā€™t mind and helped the guy out wherever I could. But, there are some parts I couldnā€™t help with. For ex, I donā€™t have Catia access, so drawing parts for new machines was something he had to learn quick. (He still tried to get me to do as much of that as he could.)

About 2 weeks ago, he comes to me with some questions. Clearly heā€™s frustrated with having to draw in Catia. This is where he always tries to offload his work. Anywho, after looking at what heā€™d done so far, there were some pretty glaring errors, which I had to point out. He tried to ignore and go around. I tried and tried and tried to lead him back on path, and he was determined to get me to come up with some quick and easy answer that would make all his problems just magically disappear.

Keep in mind, Iā€™ve dropped everything Iā€™m supposed to be doing to help him.
Dude blows up in my face, has a little rant, then goes to my boss to complain about me. Heā€™s copped an attitude a couple times before, but never quite like this.

When he showed back up later looking for another handout, I politely but flatly informed him that these were his decisions to make, and that I would happily make whatever parts he drew, if they were capable of being made. And thatā€™s been the story ever since. His work load has completely halted, and now some of the other engineers are being called in to cover his load. Sooner or later, theyā€™re going to have to move him, cause he just canā€™t get anything done now.

Maybe Iā€™m a cruel bastard, but Iā€™m just sitting back and watching the ship sink.

A lesson in not biting the hand that feeds you.

4 Likes

Saw this article onlineā€¦

You could have an NFC vaccine passportā€¦ Just like @anon3825968

I am not sure what is so astounding about this story.

Nahā€¦ From what I can tell, he was probably a somewhat pretentious recent graduate. Heā€™ll have to learn that he has to keep learningā€¦

Not really pretentious, just expects to be spoon fed.

Still reminds me of that Latin proverbā€¦

Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non prƦstat.

1 Like

Reminds me of a recent gun maker I was sort of working withā€¦ the machine shop I was with, was just me and the ownerā€¦ we were half gunsmith half machine shopā€¦ and weā€™re helping with the initial run of the serialized portion

A fiddley skeletonized squareā€¦

The designer was a NEW engineer and picked his perfect alloy from a bookā€¦ we were likeā€¦ you know that ONLY comes in round stock right?.. you know if you use ____ alloy itā€™s virtually the sameā€¦ but plentiful and comes in easier sourced andā€¦ not round

He decided he needed that exact alloy because he knew betterā€¦ didnā€™t like the quote

He also wanted to nitrocarburize the thing for a stupid amount of timeā€¦ we were likeā€¦ ok you think weā€™re stupidā€¦ they hear great guy whoā€™s been doing this since before you were born says thereā€™s no way you can hold the tolerances you wantā€¦ but by golly he knew better

My personal favorite was there were a couple slots for spring legs to lock into,ā€¦ he wanted the slots to have be held to like .001ā€ and have a radius that would require a endmill that we would burn through hundreds ofā€¦ rather than letting us use a standard and common radiusā€¦ all for a fucking spring leg they would going to be a hotdog down a hallway anyways

We eventually backed out of working with them, and then the company pulled the same shit with a production cnc placeā€¦ and they took the stance ofā€¦ fuck it, itā€™s your moneyā€¦

Let them make shitty partsā€¦ which they overpayed forā€¦ they ALL eventually brokeā€¦ all the guns needed to go backā€¦ but the company didnā€™t have the money to get new serialized parts madeā€¦ company implodedā€¦ and a fuck ton of people didnt get guns back

Super bummer, because it was a pretty cool design and I wanted oneā€¦ but I knew better

3 Likes

Went ice-fishing on the lake yesterday. So peaceful:

4 Likes

Catch any good ice?

Da-du-DUM! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No but I got my feet wet: weā€™ve had a few days above freezing last week, so the ice melted on the surface, then a new layer of ice formed on top of it, but the entire layer of water hasnā€™t frozen over entirely in some place.

Itā€™s rather unpleasant to be in the middle of a frozen lake and feeling the ice give and water coming up, even if I know Iā€™m not gonna punch through.

2 Likes

Is anyone here well versed with Windows powershell?

And Microsoft Skype for business?

This came today

2 Likes

DOES IT WORK?!? Lol,

I think waiting for a review might have broken the AI

If your referring to the coupon code they sent forever ago, yes it worked, $50 off.

Lol no, Iā€™ve been waiting to find out if it can read and write to a x series

One of the creators or staff is on here and claimed it could read but all I ever saw was silence on can it couple good enough to write

I guess I can reveal now that I got this:

Got it 4 days ago, said not to share so I didnā€™t. I was able to place my order 4 days ago, sad that itā€™ll take until Q1 2022. Was hoping to get it at Christmas.

Ohā€¦ I see I misunderstoodā€¦ I thought you had product in handā€¦

@amal can you give a go/no go before I place a pre order?

Also detailā€¦

I was given this

Jokes on you if you think I wonā€™t eat it

My goal is now to eat it in front of as many people as I can, and make it crunch as loudly as I can while eating it

2 Likes

I also pre ordered, but have not received the email to finish it.

Here is the LINK, just plug in your unique coupon code.