The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Hey @koteeq

Any update?

I like ceviche. And some people freak out because it contain raw fishā€¦ And yet itā€™s normal for me.

Iā€™ve never understood what it is or had an opportunity to learn/try itā€¦ raw fish and something with citric acid?.. itā€™s raw but itā€™s not?

Either way Iā€™m sure Iā€™d eat it without much hesitation
I love me some sushiā€¦ so raw fish isnā€™t even remotely concerning to me

Now you got me thinkingā€¦ I grew up fishing and eating panfish (bluegill perch crappie)ā€¦ by no means a high end fishā€¦ but something Iā€™ve always enjoyed

ā€¦ I wonder if some sushi could be made with thisā€¦

As I understandā€¦ ā€œsushi gradeā€ fish isnā€™t really a thing, and itā€™s more of a marketing thingā€¦ but Iā€™d want to be safe either wayā€¦

Food for thoughtā€¦ (pun intended)

Lime juice chemically cooks it, you see it change from clear to white after 15minutes or so and it has coconut cream too. So good!

1 Like

Or lemon juice, Very common / popular in the pacific islands

Edit
It occurs to meā€¦ I refuse to eat coconut because itā€™s grossā€¦

But Iā€™m about to eat a desiccated scorpion for shits and gigglesā€¦

Like Iā€™m always saying, the lines we draw are weird sometimes

1 Like

Cream or Coconut Milk !!!

Imagine diving in the warm clear tropical waters off Papua New Guinea, catching some crayfish ( Rock Lobster ) and the person in the boat has been fishing catching a variety of fish.

Heading back in with your days catch, covering the meat with Lime Juice, prepping the herbs and vege getting fresh coconut, making and eating a feast from your catch a couple of hours earlier, but politely declining the Betel Nut :face_vomiting:

or doing similar in Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and a couple of other island countries with slightly different ingredients, and of course other places, like Tahiti, but in a restaurant, exactly the same dish, just much more expensive and probably not quite as fresh

Are you still out? It is really goodā€¦:shallow_pan_of_food: :coconut: :lemon: :fish:

You are missing out Jakey Boy

Ironically, For some reason, unbeknown to me ( I am now about to google ) Scorpion :scorpion: tastes slightly fishy :fish: , BUT I have only had it in Thailand, so it might just be the way theirs tastes or how they season it ( although I never saw them add seasoning ) , I also had roasted / fried Crickets, they taste nicer with a slightly nutty flavour

I didnā€™t find any definitive answers, I have my own ideas but there does seem to be almost a consensus on the taste across the board

The answer is: shrimp/lobster/crawfish. that is what they taste like.

You mean craw-dads

Arenā€™t scorpions technically crustaceans also?

Down the hatch btw, uneventful and crunchy

Important distinction, which makes less senseā€¦ I enjoy coconut water/milkā€¦ and Iā€™ll eat fresh coconut meatā€¦

But you put coconut in anythingā€¦ and Iā€™m out

9V tester on the end

Spring loaded arm to ā€œsqueezeā€ button and Coin Cells

Or between the arm for aaa,aa, C, D

an 18650 would fit in, but I would only use the meter if I swapped out the LEDs for a V meter

And yeah, without opening it up, there looks to be enough space for a small voltmeter.

I realized I pillaged my old coin cell tester voltmeter for my old electric Skateboard remote, but whatever, just picture yours, but not as tidy inside and a project box rather custom 3D printed ( yours is awesome and tidy by the way )

9V tester on the end

Spring loaded arm to ā€œsqueezeā€ button and Coin Cells

Or between the arm for aaa,aa, C, D

an 18650 would fit in, but I would only use the meter if I swapped out the LEDs for a V meter

And yeah, without opening it up, there looks to be enough space for a small voltmeter.

I realized I pillaged my old coin cell tester voltmeter for my old electric Skateboard remote, but whatever, just picture yours, but not as tidy inside and a project box rather custom 3D printed ( yours is awesome and tidy by the way ):+1:

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to make predictions - something I learned in early 1990 when our history teacher gave us an assignment on the then ā€œtensions in Iraqā€ and I predicted after a very thoroughly researched 25-page dissertation that the US would never take on the 2-million-strong Iraqi army. Fortunately, I got my grade before it did.

This is from The Daily Mail, best described by Dan & Dan if you are not British.

1 Like

You were/are so right. Drinking one right now, absolutely delicious. I can see why itā€™s such a popular drink. It still has plenty of flavor from the whiskey (bourbon in my case), while taking away a lot of the harshness that I was having trouble with.

Itā€™s hard to see due to my blue tumbler, but thereā€™s a nice frothy head from the egg white, and a nice cloudy yellow interior.

Iā€™ve been loving all of the cocktails Iā€™ve made with egg white, the texture is just so good. Iā€™ve liked everything Iā€™ve made with lemon juice so far too, I love lemon and sour stuff in general, and it really masks the alcohol taste itself.

So far my favorite drink Iā€™ve made overall was a Tom Collins I made yesterday. It was super super good, just gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup, topped in a glass with seltzer. I hadnā€™t had gin before, it was a great introduction. Itā€™s super citrusy, with a ton of tang, while still being super easy to drink. Absolutely no alcohol taste.

I also made a Ramos gin fizz yesterday, and that was a challenge. So much shaking, my arms and fingers started to hurt from the cold + the weight. The texture was insane though, so much fizz, almost like meringue. The taste was super creamy, reminded me of lime yogurt. Really liked it, donā€™t know if Iā€™d make it again due to the effort.

1 Like

Hey all, Iā€™m looking for a special kind of drill bit that I saw as a kidā€¦ I think. Basically itā€™s a super tiny but super long drill bit that you drill through the floor with next to something like a wall outlet so you can climb under the floor and basically see where the drill bit is located so you can drill a larger hole like an inch over so youā€™re inside the wall when you drill that hole.

What is that kind of thing called? Is it just a standard drill bit of a certain diameter and length?

Looks like theyā€™re sometimes called feeler bits:

Made out of spring steel, the reviews arenā€™t good though.

I found a few threads recommending this method for that purpose:

Just uses a wire coat hanger, a nice cheap method.

Lastly, thereā€™s these, which are used for that purpose, but theyā€™re a bit less flexible:

Iā€™ve seen them in different lengths, this one is 36 inches.

(this one is thinner, so a bit more flexible, but half the length)

3 Likes

Nice! I was able to find a 16th inch bitā€¦ just under 2mm diameterā€¦

3 Likes

Stop that. Youā€™ll only encourage them.

2 Likes

Image-12-23-20-at-1.40-PM-1608748878

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching The Matrix Resurrections and hereā€™s a piece of advice: if you thought the previous sequels were bad, brace yourself for this shitquakeā€¦

3 Likes