The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

In Oregon it seems that if you donā€™t want something and you think someone else might want it you leave it at the side of the road. Apparently this doesnā€™t apply to Cars, Motorbikes, or trailers. :unicorn_sneaky_peek:

You should also see this article about Glasgowā€¦ They have given up on removing the traffic cone these days.

1 Like

When I first moved in here, I was cleaning out a shed. I kept leaving scrap metal and various bits out with a ā€œfreeā€ sign for the local scrappers. Always carefully stacked with the sign.

One day I put my trash out by the street, and one of the local meth heads came by to ā€œgrabā€ free stuff. He got a bag of used cat litter. Iā€™ve laughed and laughed trying to imagine what he thought when he opened it.

2 Likes

Nope. Iā€™ve managed to not get one yet fortunately (knock on wood). At work many of my work mates have tested positive so I would not be surprised if I catch it in coming weeks tho.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about making some keyfobs out of glass vial chips for this purpose. Something like an xFD but shorter and with an actual chip.

Or just go to the distributorā€™s office. And if they ask, tell them that machines love you or some other crazy storyā€¦ :crazy_face:

My plan is to 3D print a fob essentially and stick a China glass tag in it

1 Like

41CWUdLx1iL.AC_SY1000

For some reason, this came up when I was looking for some woodworking tools.

First thought, Winning at paper football.

5 Likes

Mine was flicking the tip of an ear.

Edit, or rather, thinking of getting flicked. I hated that growing up, and Iā€™m glad these didnā€™t exist.

1 Like

What is it supposed to be for?

1 Like

My Grandpa didnā€™t need one. Start acting up in public and KA-POW! Felt like the whole side of your face blew off.

To be fair, we were a handful for a single mother.

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s just a gag gift, legitimately meant for flicking people.

Supposedly you can use it to open bottles too.

1 Like

Itā€™s used to flick boards in half

3 Likes

Iā€™ll let you all know when it gets here. In a month or two. Jan22-Feb22

3 Likes

yeah, by flicking them into someoneā€™s head, aparently.
I meanā€¦

ā€œFriendā€™s Deathā€ is actually listed under the many uses for that tool in Amazon!! :joy:

I think Amazon is one of the funniest sites on the web lately. I meanā€¦ those chinese dropship shops get the BEST descriptions ever!! :rofl:

Going through the badly translated description, I think itā€™s got a hook or edge under one of the finger joints that you can use to pop a cap off with. Probably not originally a feature, but something they found while goofing around with it. Probably also stands a high degree of chance to bend / break the thing.

1 Like

I just now watched the video on the amazon pageā€¦

Most of it is just Avengers music while showing the product, but at the end they flick a metal bowl, and it leaves a massive dent. Could 100% hurt someone lmao

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I meant. no ticktoker can make me laugh as hard as amazon. Itā€™s a sheer human stupidity festival!! :rofl:

Nowā€¦ should I order 5 of those and watch Five Fingers of Death while listening to FFDP :thinking:

(I feel like the title and ā€œhigh qualityā€ of that clip matches this productā€™s level to the T.)

3 Likes

Theres also this app (forked from redhat maintained version), so you can export the 2FA codes and store in a safe location as backup.

Was bored at work on a short break. I decided to see why a human trafficking document, was positive for RFID when I searched.

Just interesting they are supposed to look for it.

"Medical evaluation

All victims ā€” The NHTH has published a framework that outlines the evaluation of trafficking victims . Trafficking victims may not seek medical evaluation until they have no other options. The initial assessment should screen for acute medical needs and conditions typically found in trafficked persons (

ā— Physical examination ā€“ In addition to performing a physical examination related to the presenting complaint, clinicians who suspect trafficking should perform a complete physical examination to detect other potential indicators of abuse, including human trafficking. Physical examination findings that are suggestive of trafficking include

ā€¢Unexplained injuries or injuries in various stages of healing

ā€¢Burns and scarring

ā€¢Branding or tattoos, including symbols, numbers, or bar codes that indicate which individuals ā€œbelongā€ to which trafficker

ā€¢Strangulation injuries

ā€¢Dental and oral injuries

ā€¢Traumatic head injuries

ā€¢Genital trauma

ā€¢Implanted radiofrequency identification chips

ā€¢Occupational injuries not linked clearly to legitimate employment"

I only removed links since they directed to an internal site anyways.

1 Like

Yeah they use the idea for tracking cattle / items so itā€™s been repurposed by malicious actors for ā€œinventory managementā€. Itā€™s very common for them to check with both large halo style readers and large HF readers.

2 Likes