The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Not a cyborgā€¦ Butā€¦ Trying to get back into the rhythm of work after the disruption of last week. Having to take care of my wife (although she is at least home now).

Wondering when to start on the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 image for use with a PM3. (Do I start tonight, or wait until tomorrowā€¦)

Thinking I should probably put Jewels to bed (a blue and gold macaw).

Wondering what I want for dinner.

Thinking about washing some dishes.

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

Trying to get some parts 3D printed, hoping to get a discount on that Axis intercom with a built in RFID reader, looking at some smart locks, and trying to stay out of the depression black holeā€¦

I donā€™t know what happened but Iā€™d like to wish her a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

All the best with that, it seems to get too many of us from time to time.

My wife had an infection which developed into ā€œSevere sepsis with acute renal failureā€ā€¦ Fortunately the antibiotics and IV fluids did their job and her kidneys are working again.

1 Like

ā€¦yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Been working on my Soviet drill press, and scavenging fleamarkets for silver. Gonna make me a 10lb bar of pirate treasure.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to think that I should get a few NTAG stickers for storing things like wifi passwords, phone sound settings, etcā€¦ I thought that this technology was only going to get under my skin but now I want it everywhereā€¦

Soonā„¢ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I got some of these and the LEDs are easy to recover and would fit in the apex mega spectrum

1 Like

I have stickers, cards, tags, and buttonsā€¦ I havenā€™t yet added any buttons to anything, but I thought an NTAG 213 button was an interesting idea.

Iā€™m a moron when it comes to this, but Iā€™d like to get my proxmark3 easy updated to the latest version of iceman. Iā€™m on a Mac but not M1 silicone. The instructions I find make my head hurt.

Anyone with a Mac have a simplified version of how to update?

I donā€™t sorry, but I see you have been waiting for 30mins so I did have a quick look for you

This sounds like what you are after

Force HomeBrew to pull the latest source from github

brew upgrade --fetch-HEAD proxmark3

Flash the BOOTROM & FULLIMAGE

With your Proxmark3 unplugged from your machine, press and hold the button on your Proxmark3 as you plug it into a USB port. You can release the button, two of the four LEDs should stay on. Youā€™re in bootloader mode, ready for the next step. In case the two LEDs donā€™t stay on when youā€™re releasing the button, youā€™ve an old bootloader, start over and keep the button pressed during the whole flashing procedure.

In principle, the helper script pm3-flash-all should auto-detect your port, so you can just try:

pm3-flash-all

1 Like

Thanks for responding,

I call myself doing that but I didnā€™t flash because it shows error: ā€˜gitā€™ must be installed and in your PATH!

and since I havenā€™t the slightest clue what that meansā€¦ :laughing:

git is version control software. You might want to try (guessing here) brew install git

Then repeat the above commands.

1 Like

Thank you, I do realize how bad this looks.

I feel like git shoulda been got already but Iā€™m also pretty sure I initially got the PM3 running strictly by accident.

Not at all, PM3 arenā€™t exactly user friendly.

They are more about capability rather than ease of use.
Designed by geeks, for geeks :nerd_face:

Not ideal, but Whatever works.
Just the other day I suggested to somebody else to do a clean rebuild, but I think you might be better to persist, it should just be a couple of commands

There are a couple of Mac users here, but the majority are either Linux or Windows, so we either need to wait or go researching

@Zwack suggestion sounds valid and logical, but if it doesnā€™t work, let us know,ā€¦

infact, I just had another thought.

Where you are typing your commands, to the left of the prompt, does it say Proxmark3 OR PM3?

If it says PM3, try typing in

cd Proxmark3
or
cd -

Hopefully you end up with Proxmark3 left of prompt.

Then try those commands again

brew upgrade --fetch-HEAD proxmark3

pm3-flash-all

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: laughing at myself; the time it took me to write this, I should have just looked it upā€¦
Oh well, letā€™s just wing itā€¦for now

1 Like

Wow that was rough, took a little doing. My brew was all boogerā€™d up.

Says Iā€™m running 4.14831 now, Iā€™m calling it a win.
Iā€™ll leave that alone for a few years.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

What was the fix?

Just for others that may followā€¦

2 Likes

Now your just using me for entertainment, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Honestly wished I could remember all of it, I didnā€™t have git, homebrew was throwing errors so reinstalled, then reinstalled proxmark3, it gave me RDV4, did some digging, got it changed to generic. Re flash, all good!

I know macOS isnā€™t everyoneā€™s first choice, so the directions get overlooked. If I knew what I was doing, Iā€™d rewrite them for the people that chose macOS because they got tired of looking at a blue screen.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t seen one of those in a whileā€¦ If anything macOS drives me nuts with all the time wasting animations.

But I assume that setting things up in the fruit OS should be similar to doing it on Linux.

So Iā€™m thinking of making a legitimate shot at bringing up biohacking / implants on the next Linus tech tips wan show

No real expectations, mostly a ā€œhey Linus, biohacking implants are growing thing and more and more are getting involved (myself included) as much as Iā€™d love to see a video on the topic in the future, can you at least give a quick blurb about your thoughts on the subject?ā€

Etc

Figure canā€™t hurt right?

5 Likes