The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Came across this meme and though that it could make some of you laugh:

thumb_stop-the-government-from-tracking-your-car-remove-the-rfid-64645116

4 Likes

Iceman is giving away a chameleon tiny on twitter

In case anyone might be interested.

3 Likes

It would be interesting to see, I donā€™t know how reliable a comment or ā€œmerch messageā€ would be to get in contact with him or his team. I donā€™t know if maybe emailing their public business email might be a better option if your trying to give them video ideas or WAN show talking points.

I would definitely watch any video they did on it though (if they ever would).

I was thinking of just doing a merch message,
Eventually it would be amusing to see a full episode, but Iā€™m setting the bar low just to see if I can draw out a ā€œit seems coolā€ or ā€œhell naw, I want nothing to do with thatā€

I gotta be honest, I do appreciate their concept of it,
I know itā€™s largely based in not getting nickel and dined by big daddy google, but I appreciate the concept that you arenā€™t just throwing money into the voidā€¦. Worst case you still got something for any money you spent vs something like a super chat

3 Likes

Yeah I like the concept of merch messages. Iā€™ll never be able to catch a livestream, but it would be good to have for those that do and want to say something to the staff. I donā€™t want to know how much money Iā€™ve spent on their store, those WAN sweatpants are amazing.

I love my lttstore.com water bottle

Thatā€™s my plan to snag a water bottle

While I donā€™t worship at the feet of LTT
I support his putting his money where his mouth is with frame work, so I suppose I can do the same

Just trying to word a short and concise message to get read, but to avoid ā€œhur hur donā€™t track me broā€

1 Like

Linus talking about biohacking would either be amazing for the community, or one of the worst things to happen to it. I donā€™t see a lot of in-between :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Speak now or forever hold your peace I guess lol

2 Likes

The only YouTube mech item I have is a multimeter. A 121GW for that meterā€¦
:dad_joke:

1 Like

Meh,
Message showed on screen, had to super trim it to keep under 256

Typed resolve was shown

ā€œLinus wants one, but it hasnā€™t happenedā€¦yetā€

@18:50

@amal, Iā€™d start pounding on that doorā€¦ itā€™s about as open of a mind as your going to find lol

Or itā€™s just a brush offā€¦ either way it wasnā€™t a no lol

7 Likes

Plus, although itā€™s across the border, LMG is only 2 hours from Seattle (In Surrey, BC just outside of Vancouver). Fairly close as far as any type of collab goes.

Would love to see something happen with this.

3 Likes

Imagine if we actually brought linus up to speed about the Visa/MasterCard stuff and he put them on blast in regards to payment stuff

:thinking::exploding_head: one can dream

Itā€™s a semi bullshit offer, but Iā€™d foot the bill for a NExT or xSIID if he actually has it installed (and not immediately taken out)

5 Likes

Wasnā€™t Linus remodeling his new house? I donā€™t watch his channel that often but I see an oprtunity to get him to set up a reader or smart lock for the implant and maybe even get a few reviews on smart locks that include information about implant compatibility.

Well, a cyborg can dreamā€¦

3 Likes

I tried to incorporate that pitch

But you try to sell all the things and prevent tinfoil knee jerking

ā€¦ all in 256 characters or less

3 Likes

I just saw an Ebay advert on a website. Six images below which it just said ā€œEbay Just the thing you wantedā€

I can only assume that they try and customize the images for each potential customer, but if so they have a really odd idea of what I might want.

The three images on the top row wereā€¦

A typewritten list that I couldnā€™t read taped into a book.

A ā€œstock listā€ that appeared to be parts for a Ford Escape.

A letter from Tug McGraw to a fan.

On the bottom row the images were equally odd.

A car on a hoist that had clearly hit something very hard (the engine compartment was now triangular, the windscreen was shattered, the car was totalled).

A list of clothing size comparisons.

A photocopied page from what looked like a car service manual.

I really have to wonder what Ebay thinks of me based on that assemblage.

Youā€™re obviously a mechanic who spends all day listening to country and shopping for clothes lol

2 Likes

I honestly feel a bit better about the algorithmsā€¦ they are garbage

I forget how, but you can dig into your facebook data, to see what things they associate with you

and its just a fucking field dayā€¦ now only were there thousands of tags, most of them were not even remotely accurateā€¦

to top it off, it seems to just randomly gererate associated tagsā€¦
I deleted ALL of them, and then turned off my phone, and logged back in 5 minutes later,ā€¦ .
not having used any deviceā€¦ or done anything electronically
and there were like 50 tags, one of them was ā€œrock climbingā€ā€¦
lol at no point in the past 5 minutes did I do anything regarding rock climbing, nor do I have any interest in itā€¦ gravity is not my friend in general, and its one of the few sports my mangled wrist would likely prevent me for succeeding in

basically I think the algorithm, is so swamped in its own data that its almost self broken

1 Like

Tim McGraw is a country singer, Tug McGraw was a baseball player. I should add that I listen to country more than I watch/follow baseball. And I donā€™t listen to Country.

I avoid Facebook. I tried to join back when they first started and you had to be a college attendee or graduate.

They didnā€™t want me as neither of my degrees were from American universities. I have since managed to avoid them with the exception of whatever embedded tracking they have in other sites.

2 Likes