The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Pretty sure the independent article is getting this all wrongā€¦ iā€™m willing to bet a whole lot that the actual thing in the kidā€™s ear was not implanted at all but was a small magnet resting in the ear canal and the ā€œbluetooth simā€ stuff was the EM coil around his neck connected to a bluetooth receiver or some sort. This is classically the kind of stuff reporters will accidentally get wrong because they are willfully lazy, or they willfully get wrong because they know it will attract eyeballs and who gives a shit about journalistic integrity or reporting the truth.

The dude on Shark Tank clearly had nothing but an idea, and had not actually attempted to create anythingā€¦ if he had, the whole thing would pretty clearly not workā€¦ transdermal charging with ACā€¦ also why call it ā€œAC chargingā€ ā€¦ why would you use AC and why would you call it ā€œAC chargingā€ā€¦ and how would the microphone work all swamped by tissueā€¦ and and andā€¦ just sooo many obvious problems. Thatā€™s not to say it would be impossible to explore, but yeah i think itā€™s pretty clear this guy never actually did any of that technical development before going on TV.

3 Likes

also tanks really need to breathe. if you throw an oxygen eating ball of fire molotov/napalm on the air intake it will both incredibly heat up the inside from the fire and heat it up from all of the machine heat output not being able to escape

3 Likes

Not sure if any of you heard about the Walmart distribution center fire in Indianapolis, itā€™s only a few miles from my house. Saw it on a few different bits of national news, and reddit, thought Iā€™d share these:

First photo is from my backyard, second photo is from a parking lot a few minutes away.

The scale of this thing is absolutely insane, itā€™s been visible for hours.

5 Likes

Iā€™m in New Orleans so Iā€™ve been focusing on drinking, and Iā€™m too hungover in the mornings to watch the news XD
Thatā€™s crazy though! Thanks for sharing! I use to drive a truck on a dedicated route out of a Walmart distribution center. Thereā€™s definitely a bunch of things that could go wrong and start a fire at a DC lol

2 Likes

Sounds like a fantastic idea

Tomorrow is my first St Patrickā€™s day since turning 21, trying to figure out where to go tomorrow.

Iā€™m so curious as to what caused this one. The fire suppression systems apparently worked enough for everyone to get out safely, but not much past that.

(Photo from local news)

Itā€™s probably the worst fire in Indy since Iā€™ve been alive. There was a local house fire that had a more direct impact, but apparently this one can be seen via satellite. Several family members and friends had ash drop in their yards miles away.

2 Likes

Nice! Just make sure to wear green, otherwise youā€™ll have a bunch of drunk people pinching you XD

Interesting, I wonder if a refer unit or a truck caught fire at a dock. The fire can spread to surrounding trucks and trailers quickly. I could see the fire making itā€™s way inside the DC while itā€™s spreading to other trucks lined up on the docks. The suppression system canā€™t fight a continuing fire thatā€™s spreading around the outside.
Thereā€™s also usually a few propane tanks along the walls outside too, plus all the forklifts having propane tanks. Thatā€™s a dangerous situation for the firefighters.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to find some chinessium lithium battery got chucked or squashedā€¦ and eventually started a fireā€¦. Absolute shit tons of cardboard in a DCā€¦ something that would catch and spread fast

But it probably wouldnā€™t hit runaway fast enough

I also expect Walmart dropped the ball somehow somewhere in this chain of eventsā€¦ because you canā€™t seriously expect people to be all stars with what they pay

2 Likes

It would not surprise me in the least if the thing they dropped the ball on was related to unsafe procedures or a lack of maintenance on the fire sprinklers/pre-action system.

2 Likes

At a lot of distribution centers you have people called ā€œlumpersā€ who are a third party company that loads and unloads trailers and the truck driver has to pay them. Usually the people doing the actual loading and unloading are paid under the table. So thereā€™s a chance that there were people working who havenā€™t been trained by the Walmart staff in the proper procedures around the warehouse.

Edit: the Walmart DCs Iā€™ve been to which is limited didnā€™t have lumpers, but most of the other DCs I went to had lumpers.

1 Like

Saw this on reddit and you arenā€™t kidding about how big it is!

3 Likes

GOES are some really useful satellites. Just last week they launched GOES-T to assist and then replace GOES-17. It regularly blows my mind that we can just look at less than 10 minute old images of the earth from space and in high resolution.

3 Likes

Itā€™s also picked up by FIRMS it looks like as well lol

2 Likes

Update at 7:10am says they had a total of 24 different fire departments respond so far.

(This is another photo from yesterday)

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like there will be much left in the way of a fire sale

1 Like

9 Likes

What is a NExT v2?

1 Like

jeff-goldblum-shhh

2 Likes

Damn you Jeff goldblum you fantastically insane national treasureā€¦ you win this round

I just ask because I hadnā€™t heard anything about it, but itā€™s not a ā€œ?ā€ā€¦ but I also didnā€™t think the NExT was flawed in any way

2 Likes

Next v2 is a next but also with blinky, if I recall correctly

4 Likes

The names on the site are links leading to a little info. Thereā€™s a link to a chat in discord.
Nvm the link is broken xD

1 Like