The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

That was a short rollercoaster of a post lol

Aaaaaand the links work lol, I feel dumb… It didn’t occur that it could have been links

3 Likes

Got a suprise today! #SupportUkraine

ezgif-4-5947ba4470

11 Likes

That was a great reveal… I felt the suspense

6 Likes

I still feel the suspense. It was a box from Dangerous Things, but what is in it.
@TheCyborgFirefighter is just a tease.

6 Likes

ezgif-1-75489cbd1b

12 Likes

I see, you purchased the @amal timeless art of seduction poster and they sent you a free magnet.

Congratulations.

8 Likes

@amal,

Any chance of either making magnetic film an individual item or somehow a one off when I place my Ukraine order in a day or 2?

1 Like

Sure… put in the order notes at checkout

3 Likes

Random electronic hacking question

Can you caveman style wire an aux into into a microphone? , think I did something like this before but not quite as caveman as soldering a 3.5 onto the microphone contacts

Doing some drone shenanigans and wanting to play with a speaker… found one that claims to be loud enough… but the stupid remote only has a microphone… no input of any kind

I want to Blair something like “flight of the Valkyries”

You could use a Bluetooth speaker if you want to keep things simple. But if you know how to solder and you’re ok with butchering the transmitter for the speaker you posted, modifying things should be relatively straightforward.

You need a capacitor to block the microphone DC bias but that’s about it.

I would have, but I somehow managed to find myself in the hospital

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I hope things are ok

No idea… after 4 hours in the ER waiting room I’m going home

Went in for massive stomach pain, nearly passed out from pain… cold sweats clamy pale etc…
Only feel mildly shitty now

They apparently don’t consider me important, so w/e

Guess I’ll try to circle back to my doctor whenever it seems to matter to someone besides me

/crank as fuck

2 Likes

Go to the doc or at least urgent care. Stomach pain that intense isn’t a good idea to ignore. In short, I care, so you have to go now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol round 2…

Dr… “hmm well a ct and blood work would make sense to rule stuff out…

….buuuut they close at noon

…you seem fine now… so about that copay?

I’m derailing at this point

1 Like

The medical gauntlet is no joke, especially here in the US. Unfortunately you are your best advocate.

Not that I want to play doctor or anything but was this a sharp pain or a dull pain? Is it sharp now but just less so or is it dull or is it completely gone?

Was there any referred pain? Meaning pain that was kind of radiating through you or appearing in a different location like in your back?

Also, out of curiosity, what did they charge you to tell you nothing?

Tell you when I get the bill🙄, aparently it’s all on file

Probably 20$ Maybe 50 because it was a walk in clinic rather than a office visit

Lemme know when you find out. I went to a UCC and it was $200!! Some insurance loophole for urgent care… but they sorted me out so whatever… still greatful it was $200 and not some $5000 emergency room charge.

My insurance (run by a wholly owned for profit subsidiary of the not for profit I work for) has me pay $20 for an office visit. The local Urgent care just claims it is an office visit. ED is $250.

And @Eriequiet depending on the type of pain and where/how it happens that could be extremely serious. Please follow up if it happens again, or any other symptoms appear.