The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

yeah, good luck with ever seeing a pension :sweat_smile: retirement is a fools errand in this day and age

1 Like

Well, I have experience making leather eye patches for friends and family. They are not exactly prosthetics, but surely they run in the same general vein.

Perhaps I should try my hand :laughing: as a blacksmith and make a prosthetic hook.

I wonā€™t point out that my 401k lost 8% this year. Although personally, I blame the air kraken for it.

Cutlass

:pirate:

I was sorry to hear that one of our local bakeries has shut downā€¦ Captain Danā€™s Pirate Pastries.

Google search

It really should have an ā€œXā€ on the map

Yā€™all got me listening to this on repeat at work with all this pirate talk XD

Did you listen to Being a Pirate by Fishermanā€™s Friends?

2 Likes

Looking it up after work!

1 Like

I might be after you for some assistanceā€¦
Windows fine, but I am shit with Linuxā€¦Ive installed Proxspace shit on it a couple of times, butā€¦thats not helping

I like it, but I just donā€™t know what I am doing.

Why is installing an app / package just not easy???

:penguin: :speech_balloon: " It is, But it depends what distributionā€¦"

Why? Fuck You! Just install it damn you.

Download
Install
Done!

:penguin:

Nope, either, this for this, or this for this, or this for thisā€¦Gahā€¦Shuddupā€¦Iā€™m bored now

Iā€™m going to update my linux laptopā€¦Not done for about 2 yearsā€¦Taking agesā€¦my bad!!!

Watching Linux tutorial whilst I waitā€¦

This guy is very good

What distribution are you running?

In most cases it is as simple as running
<Package manager> install <package>

Of course some distributions decided to mess with that and use ā€˜snapsā€™.

Gone are the days when you had to doā€¦

wget <package tar file>
tar xvzf <tar file>
cd <directory>
config.sh
make all
sudo make install

Perhaps I should offer a remote administration service using Ansible where you set some entries on your machine and then my automation remotely installs the software for you.

1 Like

Well, I have successfully but temporarily ā€œFucked it upā€ somehow, but, I think I know howā€¦
I have lost my:
Download folder
Proxspace folder
Run out of storage ( there should be plenty )

probably more but havenā€™t looked, I know I fucked it, I dont need to rub salt in the wound :wink:

Trying another update
getting errors on signature verification, failure to fetch, index filesā€¦

Iā€™ll get there, I have a backup SD card and can boot to that if I need to whilst I repair my SSDā€¦

All my own fault.

Very kind, but for now I will persist, but I will keep that in mind thank you

Actually, I meant start a company running computers for peopleā€¦ :laughing:

But if you ever need to be talked through administration tasks I have lots of experience doing just that.

1 Like

I been eyeballing a FlexClass for my stash in the event these guys ever figure out how to secure themselves. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have full confidence it would sit in a corner and collect dust like the rest of them.

One day Iā€™ll install my xM1 & xDF2. I want to fully understand how to use them before I blindly pop em in.

2 Likes

I may need to mail you some money and an sd card, :smile: i made it all the way to flashing my PM3 and screwed it all up.

2 Likes

Osseointegration is better, now if it was possible to reduce the risks associated with that prosthetic attachment method and high activity levelsā€¦

And if youā€™re going for unstable feet, get blades installed of pegs. Become a modern pirate :pirate_flag:

I actually have something worthwhile to contribute. A rare day that is :stuck_out_tongue: I think this channel was posted before but since weā€™re conversing about prosthetics i think its woth mentioning again Missing Parts Monday Episode 1 my next prosthetic hand - YouTube

Also, @Pilgrimsmaster I think your main issue is with how software is installed on windows systems. Package managers are so good Apple followed in Linuxā€™ footsteps and made their own, now even windows has a package manager that they strongly encourage everyone to use.

Have you been following the Linux instructions for installing the proxmark software? And what distro are you using?

2 Likes

Not at all, your contributions are very worthwhile.

Ha, I actually donā€™t hate it, I am just shit at using Linux, Yesterday, I only had a couple of hours under my belt using Linux.
(Got my RDV4 and Easy up and running easily enough)
Just steep learning curve, I spent some more time last night and things starting to make sense, just a different way of doing things, and they intern have different options of how you can do it.
Then this maybe different depending on the distribution.

I had some good success last night, enough for me to be confident that I was doing things correctly when I tried to install the qFlipper AppImage, which I still havenā€™t managed to do.
I am able to install other AppImages no problem, and even managed to find a YouTube video confirming it I am doing things correctly.
Iā€™m sure itā€™s still my Linux deficiencies rather than the qFlipper.AppImageā€¦I just donā€™t know what part / action I am missing

I even used @darthdomo tip, but still got an error

I just canā€™t get it to work.
I need to try to work out the install commands to try and install from Githubā€¦

Yep, did that a couple of years ago, although, funnily enough I am struggling with my Easy currently.
It used to work on both Windows and Linux, now only my RDV4 works nowā€¦I have some fault finding to do, Iā€™m not sure what I have done to it :man_shrugging: I should have just left it alone, Hoping just a soft brick :brick:

I understand why people love Linux, I just still have lot of learning to do.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I do have a cutlassšŸ¤”

Granted itā€™s not the pirate kind, more of a blended machete but still has the belly to it