The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

It just figured that if you were using Linux you could deal with extra hard mode. :rofl:

3 Likes

I listed a bunch of different options. Wine was one. My point was that these days dual boot may well be your last choice.

2 Likes

Anyone remember that one thread that would freeze/crash some peopleā€™s browsers? This one seems to be doing the same thing, at least for me.

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/my-diy-led-tag-well-the-electronics-anyway/8435/136

2 Likes

Froze for myself as well

Oh 100% was definitely my last choice.

Works for me (chrome on Android)

Works for me as well. (Firefox on android)

Crashed for me on Chrome for android, Pixel 6 Pro with Google Tensor (tensor sometimes has weird behavior). Just fine on desktop.

Worked for me on same phone/browser. Odd

Odd indeed

Chrome becomes completely unresponsive, and when reopened, it tries to load the same page, freezing again. Have to close the tab before itā€™s able to load. It signed me out this last time too. Video is more useless than I had intended, I turned on showing taps, but they donā€™t seem to show up in the video most of the time.

It took chrome a long time to open after closing, too.

It froze Chrome on my OnePlus 9, and crashed Duck Duck Go

My chrome crashed also, so I jumped on Firefox and I think I found the offending post (Now deleted)

If you guys try again, let me know if the crashing persists

:+1:

3 Likes

Perfect description.

I must strongly disagreeā€¦
We should never normalize psychological torture like that!!!

Totally agree with that!

Plusā€¦ to be fair, the only games that donā€™t run well on a Linux are the same games which are hardcode capped to run poorly on PC just so they can match the shitty performance of consoles.
So I find it easier to get a second-hand laptop and treat it as a gaming console if that is your issue with it. =P

Itā€™s still gonna be cheaper than a console and run better than one as well. and you donā€™t need to fuck up your boot times!

Isnā€™t that the nature of chrome?

I meanā€¦ piping a dictionary generator to 2 different brute force decryptors, while downloading a large repo, cloning a hard-drive, streaming videos and rendering a Blender scene at the same time reaches 40 to 60% of my RAM, max.

leaving Chrome open but Idle, with nothing but Window manager processes runningā€¦ peaks at 98% RAM usage.

2 Likes

Was looking for the article about the model who implanted a bunch of LEDs for a photoshoot, but came across this Amazon listing lol

Not to be confused with the good old Canadian two four

Or worse, a for two

And never combine them both!!

2 Likes

Browsing the AliExpress looking for rfid gizmos

Found this thingā€¦ it wonā€™t fit my phoneā€¦ but maybe it MIGHT work for someone

US $16.77 | 125KHz Mini RFID Reader Mobile Phone EM4100 TK4100 ID Card Reader mirco usb Interface Support Android System

2 Likes

For our resident EEā€™s.

I just acquired a small pool 16ft x 10ft x 4ft.
I want an electrolytic chlorine generator / salt water generator / SWG but the price is ridiculous.

As nearly as I can tell, all I need to make one, is to install some titanium electrodes (I have some 6AL-4V sheet) in the water flow, and charge it with 12-24V at 6-15A. Chlorine production is limited by cycle time, and or varying the wattage.

What would you suggest or dissuade for a power supply?

Also, calcium chloride can build up on the electrodes causing a short. Is a fuse sufficient, or do I need a power supply thats built to handle that?

Maybe repurpose an automotive battery charger? Most of the newer ones are built with multiple safeties, like dead shorts, reversed polarity, etc.

I could also use an automotive battery as a buffer, especially if used with the charger.

Trying to make sure I think this through before electrifying a mass of water that Iā€™ll be occupying. (FWIW, I intend to turn it off before getting in).

Sounds like any current limited power should be able to handle the job but in this case safety is insanely important so get a decent one. Can get one thatā€™s intended and certified for pool use? Are those a thing?

Yes, as long as itā€™s properly rated. Most power supplies have some form of overcurrent protection but adding a fuse is always a good idea.

Car batteries are built to provide a significant amount of current so a short circuit with one of those can get ugly.

On a completely unrelated note, when will Amal release the xSleep for us insomniacs?

4 Likes

3 Likes