The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

What happened to 2020 being two nat 20s? Who’s the fuckin DM here playing some OP bs lol

6 Likes

I noticed your “clock” stopped counting down

That’s because I’m not interested in sharing this happy personal event publicly here anymore. Or anything else really.

I regularly make the mistake of finding this house nice, and trying to contribute to the decoration, until I’m reminded that the frame and the beams are rotten to the core with the Discord woodlice who have nothing better to do than teach other people how to talk proper.

Incidentally, see how nice I am Schlonger? I didn’t say retard. I said woodlouse. Is that PC enough for you? A woodlouse doesn’t insult the disabled community. That’s how nice I am.

And to top it off, logging off of here, I see another woodlouse who keeps replying to me like if nothing had ever happened. What part of “I have nothing but contempt for you” don’t you understand?

Fuck the whole bally lot of you Discord creeps. The people I want to keep as friends, I already keep in touch in DM. Contributing anything in public here is just a sorry exercize in constant disappointment.

Some of us can engage in polite discourse with people we don’t like when we share common interests and goals. We just purposelessly don’t bring up the things that we know trigger them (as long as they’re not hurting others). It’s part of the whole big tent mentality you’re forced to adopt when most people are fighting to maintain a status quo that doesn’t work for you.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t engage in any discussion with you even if we were joined at the hip. I intensely despise you as a human being. You have nothing to offer that I’m interested in.

That goes both ways little man: I’m of a generation that doesn’t see anything wrong with saying “retarded”, Why don’t YOU cut me some slack? Tolerance goes both ways. You woke lot are ultra-intolerant. The sooner you realize that the better.

Being tolerant of intolerance ultimately eliminates tolerance

4 Likes

Without entering the debate on either side. The verb retard has been used since the 13th century, and didn’t get used to describe mental handicaps in print until 1909. It wasn’t until the 1950’s that it started to be used as an offensive term.

As the past tense of the verb retard it can be defined as

delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.

If that is the meaning intended then “vaccine retarded” simply means “someone who is held back in terms of getting a vaccine”, and is a purely descriptive and non-pejorative term.

English is a complex language and even native speakers are frequently tripped up on some of the nuances. So, without knowing for certain the actual specific intent of someone it is hard to say for sure.

As a relevant aside I was reading about someone who offended a friend of a friend because they suggested they all “take an Uber” but they were using the term as a generic form of “rideshare service”. When the Lyft turned up the friend was offended as “they had been lied to”. If they had said “get a Lyft” they might have misinterpreted it as “get a lift” and been equally offended.

Some of the terms used in the US are much more offensive elsewhere (and presumably vice versa) so are we supposed to know every potentially offensive term and avoid using them all?

3 Likes

Let me make one thing clear: rest assured than when I said “retarded anti-vaxxer”, I fully intended it as an insult, implying that anti-vaxxers are mentally challenged.

Yes it’s offensive. That was the whole point.

I fully recognize that I’m incredibly offensive to today’s generation, the same way my grandmother was super-shocking to me when she was talking about niggers, kykes or chinks. But I knew better than constantly nagging her about it. She was a relic from the past. So am I. Give me a fucking break.

I don’t jump any of the Discord dwellers when they insist on using they or them to talk about a man or a woman who didn’t even ask any special treatment, despite the weirdness of it all and the atrocious bending of the English language. Yet when I slip - and I don’t even do it on purpose more often than not - oh boy! am I reminded that I should get with the times or what.

That’s where the Discord folks are intolerant. They have their own set of values and they impose them by force on everybody else. And you know what? The irony is, the more they do it, the more backlash and the more hatred they get from people like me who would otherwise be fairly receptive to the narrative. Well played you retards

8 Likes

Ah and yes of course, let’s click the outrage button when we don’t agree with the message, shall we?

Pathetic

I thought that you were being deliberately offensive, but I didn’t know it. If it had been another person then one could really have had a hard time of it.

My point about the offensiveness of terms in other countries, even within the same language, still stands. A prime example of the differences is the “bum bag” or “fanny pack”. In the US, a “fanny” refers to the posterior, in the UK it is the anterior of a woman. It gets even harder when we get into things like cockney rhyming slang. :exploding_head:

Less offensively, back home I might go down to the pub to wrap my lips around a pastie. In the US that would probably get me kicked out.

1 Like

Looking past the offensiveness of words currently up for debate, perhaps those particular words don’t especially help DTs brand image to keep them posted on their forums

I always enjoy discussions on the affects of language as much as the next guy, but this is a business’s forum above all

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct and that is the only valid reason to exercize restraint that I can think of, and I fully recognize in this case that I should know better. Out of respect for Amal.

Well I’m tired of all this, quite frankly. I didn’t manage to keep breathing that long to waste my time arguing with mistaken do-gooders. So y’all can take comfort in knowing that I will now quietly step out. For damn good this time.

2 Likes

It’s honestly sad how you’ve taken such offense to someone simply asking you to not use slurs on a public forum. It’s literally in the community guidelines, to be civil and not post things considered to be offensive, abusive, or hate speech.

8 Likes

Thought i was on Twitter for a sec

3 Likes

That is something everyone on this forum can agree on

Many of us hope that’s not true, and do appreciate your many contributions to the community, you make some smart stuff.
Regardless of the outcome, get well soon what with the whole covid thing and whatnot

3 Likes

The whole basis for this discussion was “Offensive to whom?”
Your reply could be viewed as insultive and offensive to some, so where is the line drawn?

Language is complex, full of everyone’s own interpretations, I was unaware that we were using yours to determine what the rules were

4 Likes

I just don’t understand how this always goes from 0-100

You said something, you admitted yourself you intended it to be insulting

Someone else asked you to not

You could either
A. Make an effort to not
B. Agree to disagree that you shouldn’t

Seems rather dramatic and unnecessary at this point

9 Likes

As for how it goes from 0-100 so fast
 History. This time it was fast, but this was just the latest time.

As my mother might have said “it takes two to tango” and some people just can’t resist pushing each other’s buttons.

2 Likes

I meant only the choice of words

As for the party A and party B other thing,
I don’t understand why both sides haven’t just blocked each other and been done with it
 they clearly aren’t going to get along

There should almost be a way for a mod to block people on the respective ends lol

I’ve blocked exactly one person on this forum after they pressed the right button, I no longer wanted to hear their opinion or input on anything after their comment

And when it was done it was over, I don’t even remember who it was at this point

5 Likes

Well it’s my fault really. A good portion of the Discord crowd genuinely make me want to throw up, and when they start spewing out their idiocy on this here board, I’m reminded of how incredibly hostile it really is.

The problem is, they lurk long enough in here that I forget, I start thinking the forum is friendly again, get comfortable again, and whack here they go again.

I should know better than to come back really, because they’re relentless and they’ll never give up.

This time I think I’ve learned my lesson though :slight_smile: I’ve had enough waves of nausea lately without those specimens of humanity giving me more of them.