The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™m sorry, I just canā€™t get over that. Up to a possible 11 WEEKS?!!

Is this for a new passport yeah?
I renewed my passport online 2 years ago. Took a photo with my camera, uploaded it, and gave them my old passport number, confirmed the details were all the same. Had my new passport book and passport card the next week.

I love the card, its the size of a debit card, so fits in your wallet, and can travel anywhere in europe using it.

1 Like

Lol, thereā€™s a lot to unpack in that post. Iā€™m just gonna leave it be but add this anecdote:

I recently spent a few days with a German couple who were visiting. One of them wanted to move to the US and work. I had some chats with him about how thereā€™s no paid sick leave, or workers protections, and how the individualist culture here breeds selfishness. I also had to explain the staggering amount of poverty and homelessness, and how there were places in the city he just should not go as a visitor, for his own safety. When he was in one of those places he said ā€œI had never been somewhere where that I did not feel safe beforeā€

Iā€™m just saying that thereā€™s a lot of US propaganda out there, and you should definitely test the waters yourself before you dive in.

2 Likes

Yeah, new passport, but renewals still have to be done by mail (with checks for paymentā€¦).

We have a passport card as well, but you can only use it for certain North American countries, by land or sea (no air travel). Really only intended for people crossing the Canadian border often, or people going on cruises to certain Caribbean countries.

It costs almost as much as the passport if you only buy the card, so theyā€™re not common. You can get both, for an extra $30-35 I think, which I thought about doing, but theyā€™re not much use.

The photo process is the worst, we have to have our photos prepared a very certain way (tons of restrictions), printed to a specific size, and then stapled to the physical application which is mailed inā€¦

The passport process hasnā€™t changed much in decades in the US, which is a problem.

We have to make an appointment at the POST OFFICE to send off the application (needs filled out in advance), and we pay them separately from the state department, with different payment methods.

1 Like

You think that is bad, try the process for an I-551 (green) card it used to be worse but now they take the photo themselves when you go for your biometric appointment. The requirements on the photo are very strict. Three quarters shot with the right ear exposed and no glassesā€¦

There is a separate fee of $85 for the biometric screening, in addition to the $455 application fee. Renewal is the same despite the only difference normally being that it is 10 years later. I can only assume the goal is to push you to naturalisation as that is a much higher fee but only needs to be paid once.

1 Like

And that is what the wonderffle is great for. A stuffed waffle. My wife likes them with apple pie filling. I personally go for a combination of egg, sausage or bacon, mushrooms, fetaā€¦

The cast iron version needs to be pre-heated, but it works incredibly well once you have the hang of it.

1 Like

Ehh, you know what is better than that!?!

How about a pancake wrap! Extra big pancake, rolled and stuffed. My local pancake house makes them. They are soooo good :grin:

3 Likes

But crisp pancakes are too dry, a waffle can be moist and crunchy.

1 Like

Just gunna leave this hereā€¦:wink:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cbff5jTA3MO/?refsrc=deprecated

1 Like

wafflebot

waffles

3 Likes

7 Likes

giphy (2)

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even know there was one!

Went to complete a service call at a bakery and left with a sack full of fresh off the line muffins and loaf of some sort, I love my job lol

Also,
waffle drowned in butter > pancakes
But,
Fresh baked blueberry muffin > waffle

5 Likes

I do love me a good blueberry muffin

3 Likes

What about a blueberry waffle?

3 Likes

If itā€™s cooked in bacon grease, then heā€™ll yes!! Iā€™ll take that above a blueberry muffin lol

1 Like

Used to add a little bacon grease on my old roommates waffle maker haha

1 Like

Blueberry Muffin > Blueberry Pancake > Blueberry Waffle

Feel free to substitute chocolate chips, or banana nut for Blueberry :grin:

3 Likes

Banana nut yes! I like my chocolate in solid chocolate bars or sauce in my 8 shot espresso routine.
What about banana nut bread vs coffee cake though?
To me coffee cake takes theā€¦uhā€¦well cake lol

2 Likes

Got a stack of 5 bottle caps tonight lol

The ā€œwhy did he do that?ā€ Is referring to a guy who went to the bathroom but said ā€œsave my drinkā€ and ended up putting a coaster in this pint glass.
As to why he did that, the guy has no answer besides a shrug lol

2 Likes