The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

While I definitely enjoy both, imma have to go with banana nut bread.
Thereā€™s this sweet older lady who brings banana nut bread to my mom every once and awhile. My mom however is not a fan. This is my way of admitting I eat around 5 whole banana nut breads a year

2 Likes

Haha nice! Iā€™m a little jealous. I want some homemade banana nut bread! Lol
Iā€™m on the coffee cake side though, the crumbling sweet goodness is just heaven to me.

3 Likes

Alright yā€™all got to meā€¦ had to go to the Pancake Factory. :grin:

I got the Banana Boat, ā€œBaked with chocolate chips, topped with sliced banana, whipped cream, peanut butter sauce, and a cherryā€

My friend got the bacon, egg, and cheese pancake wrap!

7 Likes

Those look absolutely fucking delicious!

4 Likes

Guess what Iā€™m making tonightā€¦

My aunt gave us like 4 bunches of bananas earlier this week, so Iā€™ve just been waiting for them to get ripe.

Although, Iā€™m making one banana nut, and one banana chocolate chip. I prefer the chocolate chip version, because Iā€™m not huge on walnuts. Highly recommended if you havenā€™t had it.

3 Likes

Nice!!
Iā€™m not sure about banana chocolate bread, but like they say, you canā€™t knock it til you try it! Sounds like it could be pretty good, Iā€™ll have to go searching for some around here!

2 Likes

So the area I live in, has chocolate gravy. Itā€™s exactly what it sounds like. Regular gravy, with chocolate in it.

Personally, I cannot bring myself to try it. But itā€™s just a normal thing around here.

The interesting thing is, Iā€™m originally from Kansas, and itā€™s normal there to have chilli with a cinammon roll and pickle spear. People around here look at me weird if I bring that up.

Also, Also,
Donā€™t get me started on what southerners consider pie. Theyā€™re like hot pockets with jam in them. An absolute insult to real pie.

3 Likes

Can you send me some? O.o
XD

3 Likes

Maybe. I saw some packets of chocolate gravy mix at the fleamarket near here awhile back. Will see if they still have them.

Consume at own risk. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

I found a recipeā€¦

I have everything on hand. This feels like a curse. I have to make it nowā€¦

Might make some biscuits to go along with it.

3 Likes

Please let me know how it goes! I love gravy, and it would be awesome to find a new style of gravy to enjoy, or to curse friends with at a pot luck XD

2 Likes
2 Likes

Screenshot_20220701-162134_Chrome

oh, new Avatar-tastic :+1:

3 Likes

The deed is done.

My biscuits from scratch didnā€™t turn out very well, they didnā€™t rise enough, and ended up a bit hard.

The chocolate gray though, Jesus. Itā€™s fantastic. Itā€™s like a slightly more savory chocolate sauce. It reminds me of the milk left after a bowl of cocoa puffs.

Highly recommend trying the gravy. Someone recommended putting it on ice cream, trying that next. Have some in the freezer.

EDIT: Tried it on some cherry fudge ice cream:

Very recommended as well.

7 Likes

Probably not permanent haha, but saw the image online and couldnā€™t pass up switching to it for a while.

4 Likes

A southern staple.
Itā€™s not half bad but I admittedly havenā€™t had it since I was a wee wee lad. We had it for Christmas Breakfast many times back then.
Proooobably gonna have to make some now to see if itā€™s held up all these years.

2 Likes

Hoping someone finds this neat.

I got a cool digital microscope today, that has a nice LCD attached and can take photos to a microsd card. Got it for $10, normally $60 on amazon, really pleased with the quality.

I immediately did what any sane person does, and went looking for tiny tiny security details on my new passport.

Boy did I find a cool oneā€¦

Over the printed photo, thereā€™s an attached holographic security sticker, with various security measures.

On the sticker is the Coat of arms of the US, as usually featured on the Great Seal.

I immediately focused in on the shield in the center of the coat of arms.

Written insanely small, inside the top section of the seal, is a section of the Star-Spangled banner, written in the handwriting of Francis Scott Key.

The same is found on the top of the inside cover:

Totally useless information, but thought it was really interesting. Iā€™ve always loved looking at US currency and finding all of the anti-counterfeiting measures included. Those include pretty small microprinting, but that doesnā€™t compare to the size of this text. Absolutely tiny.

6 Likes

Show us the amazon listing?

TFW you donā€™t know if you missed a day or notā€¦ :grimacing:

Youā€™re good, at least up to the last 3months+

1 Like