The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Weird question

Has anybody been hit with an airsoft directly onto an implant?

I was musing on doing some simunition training in near future,

And realized I havenā€™t crossed that bridge in regards to getting hit on My implantsā€¦ and ofc tops of my left hand will be one of the most exposed locations

Energy wise, usually facility expressly prohibits any exposed skin in the training environment, known to break skin and or embed at closer ranges

Much higher energy than airsoft, but I figure thatā€™s a lower branch for comparison

My fear is itā€™s just a focused and fast impact, it might impart more than enough force to break a x series

I might need to right up some kind of special gloves or tape some small plates on my hand under gloves

1 Like

Or you could get a raw chicken breast, inject it with a glassie, and do some science.

Video please. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an expensive science experiment. (Not the implant, the chicken). Meat is expensive nowadays!

Even if the implant breaks you can git out the area where the glass is and cook the rest of it. as long as the environment is kept somewhat clean the chicken will still be edible afterwards.

What youā€™re up against here is inertia. The inertia of the implant at first, and then the inertia of the tissue around it. In theory it should be possible to impart enough force in a small enough area fast enough such that the point of force imparts enough energy to overwhelm the inertia of the implant and surrounding tissue, creating enough stress within the structure of the implant to break it.

A good experiment to try. Sadly I do not have any airsoft weaponry. I would be willing to put up a sacrificial xNT for testing if properly video documented :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have plenty of those shitty pet tags I thought were t5577s

If those fail, then maybe I can try a real DT to see if it succeeds

I need to borrow a sim gun I guess, I guess I can do an airsoft while Iā€™m at it if you want since thatā€™s a bit more common

1 Like

Are there bio safe alternatives that could be produced in a lab, that our bodies would just go eh, thatā€™s there. Like a bacterial grown cartilage pouch?

But yes, airsoft one for science! I think the skin in the impact zone will get more damage. It would be between a rock and a hard place.

As long as weā€™re begging for video, how about one of those super slo-motion impact shots?

2 Likes

Someone call the slowmo guys! We need a Collab!

1 Like

I was in Corvallis againā€¦ And this time I got a photograph of the sign. They have however moved to a different location so I couldnā€™t get a photo of their actual headquarters.

8 Likes

I have connections for the sim gun need to source an airsoft

1 Like

I have a double barrel 10ga. Lots of pellets come out of that.

Wanna borrow?

@Zwack If you ever find yourself in Missouri, you should visit Uranus. Theyā€™ve got some real serious fudge packing going on there. (yes, this place really exists)

3 Likes

Ready for my latest rant? Itā€™s another food one.
Okay so for those who may not know Little Debbie has recently released some ice cream in the flavors of their most popular snack cakes. For the non Americans who donā€™t know what Little Debbieā€™s are click below for a not so short explanation. (Canadians feel free to ignore)

LB Summary

Okay so, Little Debbieā€™s are a popular snack cake brand here in the U.S. They make things anywhere from donuts to ā€œFancy Cakesā€ to the most delicious peanut butter cookie youā€™ll ever have. As for the not so short part, if you ever find yourself in the U.S. or a grocery store that has them hereā€™s a list of the cakes you should avoid.
Any of the donuts. Theyā€™re waxy garbage.
Cosmic Brownies (see the above reason)
Anything seasonal that isnā€™t a Christmas Tree cake.
Raisin Creme Pies. Fuck those monstrosities.

Cakes you definitely should try.
Peanut Butter Creme Pies my one true love.
Fudge Rounds.
Oatmeal Creme pies, my only other true love.
Anyways back to the ice cream.

So now that weā€™re all on the same page. I decided to try all of the ice creams to see which ones were actually worth it and tasted like their respective cake. (Iā€™m gonna give two ratings to each one the first being similarity to cake second being overall taste).

The Ratings
  1. Oatmeal Creme Pie
    Similarity 9/10
    Overall 10/10

2. Honeybun
    Similarity 1/10
    Overall 1/19

3. Zebra Cake
    Similarity 5/10
    Overall 8/10

4. Cosmic Brownie
    Similarity 4/10
    Overall 5/10

5. Swiss Roll
    Similarity 2/10
    Overall 7/10

6. Star Crunch
    Similarity 6/10
    Overall 9/19

7. Nutty Buddy
    Similarity 10/10
    Overall 10/10

Unfortunately I could not try the Strawberry Shortcake roll one as Iā€™m allergic to red 40 and the Unicorn Cake one was unavailable.

Okay thatā€™s all. Ty.

5 Likes

I take offense to this. While, yes you are correct, they are waxy garage. They are damn good waxy garbage!

3 Likes

Waitā€¦ these are a thing?!?

My parents used to buy the oatmeal ones growing up. I never knew about the peanut butter ones :drooling_face:

1 Like

Okay okay youā€™re not wrong, theyā€™re not terrible with a cup of coffee, I just canā€™t recommend them to people as a first LD experiencešŸ˜„

God tier. If I had to choose only one to exist it would PB Creme Pie

1 Like

God I feel this on so many levels

Very much the vice interview

And we will give the idiots opinion more weight

2 Likes

ā€œBalanceā€

3 Likes

Anyone, still wanting to get their Flag Badge?