The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

Just back from a 10 km walk in the woods. Great biohacking as well :sunglasses::relaxed:

1 Like

At work and putting my diagnoses card in random areas and the register and alarm walls? Both seem to put out a weak high frequency. I thought it was interesting since the security tags aren’t 13.56mhz.

2 Likes

Might not be LF,
But those usually put out a magnetic field for disabling soft tags… could be grabbing some power that way

2 Likes

That makes sense, when I use the key tags I can’t get it to light up.

I need that for my cephalopod collection, please thanks.

With as little as the diag card lit up, I wouldn’t be surprised that the Field Detectors don’t light at all.

Actually pretty easy to build - the kraken itself is from a company that produces pretty realistic looking animal toys for kids, plus some shells and moss, all covered in funny acrylic colour and glued on a big hair clip :wink:

Oh, this was the outfit to accompany it, btw:

Had a lot of fun with that one, got a lot of positive reactions as well, but one guy at the festival walked straight up to me, pointed at me, shouted “YOU look fucking SCARY!” and went away again :woman_shrugging: :smile:

7 Likes

Was he high???

Oh, wait…

He was high!!!

You don’t look scary… you look awesome!

3 Likes

Very very possible, yes :smile:

I had three different outfits on that festival, and I’d say 90+% of the reactions were very positive (though it’s not my “native subculture” and I stick out quite a bit there), but I had very few negative reactions mostly because of my scarification. Lots of people found it very interesting and even beautiful, but for some, it was just disgusting. I can understand that, and I’m still pleasantly surprised about all the positivity there.
To be honest, my “native subculture” was a lot more aggressive against me, simply because cyberloxx are “sooooo not-goth and just don’t belong here at all”. Sigh :wink:

2 Likes

:fu: Fuck them all :fu:
you do you, focus on the positive and don’t worry about what anybody else thinks

There are too many cunts in this world that think their opinions about what you should say, think and do are valid.
They can all fuck up and fuck off

4 Likes

Thanks. Though I know that intellectually, it means more to me than you might have thought :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You look absolutely fantastic in that outfit! Not scary AT ALL, but awesome! :exploding_head:

First time ever I come across this word. How would you describe it? A kind of mix between cyberpunk, gothic, maybe “vampire” ?

2 Likes

Ah no, cyberloxx are just the name of those things I wear on my head. It’s some sort of tubular ribbon, very lightweight, easy to work with and comfortable to wear - and it had some big hype in the goth scene in the early 2000s.
The look created with this is usually referred to as “cybergoth”, and while this is a bit cringey honestly, it’s still pretty much what I feel like :wink:

Oh, and thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah right, stupid me :roll_eyes:. Loxx as in “locks of hair”.

“Cybergoth” sounds rad too! :sunglasses:
As a cyberpunk fan (but not in look), I’ll have a closer look to this.

really? ISO15693 tags are “vicinity tags” that have EAS (electronic article surveillance) for low power long range applications. most “security tags” for inventory control and anti-theft security use this, and it’s 13.56mhz

2 Likes

hmmm… no unicorns no? :smirk:

1 Like

Your probably right, I have no idea how that stuff works. I assumed since my phone couldn’t read one it wasn’t one (13.56mhz)

Haha… on the last day, I actually went far out of my comfort zone and decided to try out some colours that usually don’t appear in my wardrobe :wink:
So, okay, it’s not literally a uni-corn, but you get the vibes :smile:

15 Likes

Tri Horn perhaps! :slight_smile:

Yeah, that would be fitting :wink:
People were pretty confused about it - one girl asked me if I wanted to be a unicorn or a dragon, several others asked where this cosplay came from. Damn… just my style, no cosplay, no deep thoughts about what it should be :woman_shrugging: :slight_smile:

3 Likes