The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

5 Likes

There was a guy who went to a steampunk night that wore a hat with slowly moving gears and green LED accessories along with phenomenal style and makeup. 10/10 stood out, but he made it the look so cool.

1 Like

Waitā€¦ is there such an obnoxiously insane thing as an actual amateur plastic crazy straw design movement?!?

Fucking hell, this world just got considerably more interesting!! (and by interesting, I mean batshit crazy, obviously. Which means the same thing as :unicorn_joy:)

2 Likes

Oof sorry, it felt like my stick figure comic from XKCD made it seem like I was belittling or cutting your experience down. Yeah not intended. When in fact I think the most cool thing to do from within a countercultural, anachronistic, or meta group is to stand out proudly.

1 Like

Not at all!

I absolutely love random stuff, and the thought that there might actually be such a crazy subculture made me giggle!! :sweat_smile:
(In a positive way)

That was actually a very good and well appropriate comic to be posted! ^^

I love the commitment involved in wearing those things!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

:eyes:

Kinda weird to say this on this forum donā€™t you think?
I mean fancy straws sound relatively normal compared toā€¦ what you do.

3 Likes

Agree - basically every subculture is to be celebrated, because every subculture involves creativity, individualism, passion (for stupid little things most people would simply ignore, usually^^) and the will to consciously deal with the ā€œmain cultureā€. I donā€™t neccessarily like every subculture, but each of them gets my respect simply for daring to be different.

And yes, a plastic crazy straw design movement is definitely a cool thing to have in this world! :smile:

I found this funny site here by chance, it basically lists every kind of style one could think aboutā€¦

4 Likes

Very useful link, thanks!

I could identify with it the aesthetic of some artists I like, like Grimes or ā€œFaith and the Museā€ :sunglasses:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how ā€œusefulā€ it acutally is (except for spending far too much time there :wink: ), but it is really broad and covers tons of stuff Iā€™ve never heard about before :smile:

What I really like are the shop recommendations on some of the pages - I actually found really cool clothes that way!

3 Likes

Time goes quite fast :grin:

7 Likes

Nice work, And when they are consecutive you will get your devotee badge

You are at 337 as of todayā€¦just a month to go

2 Likes

Havenā€™t had the issue in over a year iirc though

I live in a ittle bitty town. But itā€™s very touristy for a backwoods. Iā€™ve had the idea now for awhile that I want to start making small outdoors art pieces for everyone to enjoy. Iā€™d like there to be something to look at / touch / do on every block along main street. Itā€™s good for the local economy, and it just makes the world a prettier place to be in. Random acts of beauty, ya know?

Took a first step today by making a metal xylophone (technically, a glockenspiel) for the kids to play with. Itā€™s 7 feet tall, and 4 foot, 4 inches wide.

It still needs a few finishing touches and a coat of paint. Anywho, thought youā€™d enjoy.

Next I want to do a sword hilt in an Anvil and Stone. With a little brass plaque with the Arthurian quote on it. ā€œWhosoever, pulleth this swordā€¦ā€

6 Likes

Try playing

5 5 4 3 2 ā€¢ 1 1 2 3 3 2 2 ā€¢ 3 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 ā€¢ 1 1 2 3 2 1 1 ā€¢ 2 2 3 1 2 4 3 1 ā€¢ 2 4 3 2 1 2 5 ā€¢ 3 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 ā€¢ 1 1 2 3 2 1 1

ode ā€¢ to ā€¢ joy

I look forward to seeing that one

1 Like

Are you sure that isnā€™t a rickroll?

3 Likes

One way to find out

4 Likes

I have the musical talent of a potatoe. Pretty sure Iā€™m good with it either way.

2 Likes

Omg do this

As an added quirkā€¦ you could possible put some kind of mechanism to LOCK the blade in, and rig a XACV2 into the hilt :wink:

4 Likes

If youā€™re ever in Dallas and you like corn, I recommend Rocio! Always hit up his stand at the farmers market when Iā€™m in town. Canā€™t get elotes like this back in Kansas City.

Edit: he made mine extra spicy this time, and now Iā€™ve got heart burn. It burns sssoooo good. XD

1 Like

Very well said! ^^

That is a great find!!
Kinda reminds me of ā€œthe absolute index of all deepweb urlsā€ site. :rofl:
but actually useful!! (if you discard things like ā€œCaninecoreā€ where explanation consists entirely of 1 dog picture. oh, waitā€¦ that was usefull to make me lol at least!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like