The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Well, I hope you also enjoy the next step

hot-south-park

3 Likes

This is why you store a roll of toilet paper in the freezer.

3 Likes

remove the h in “watch” in any yt video link

3 Likes

WTH why is that a thing

I thought you were sharing a remove ads on launch hack

1 Like

???

Why???

why do it? to see what happens
why it happens? ask YT
how I found it? Some video told me

Was asking why it happens.

Such a weird quirk, there’s definitely no way it was an accident. Someone at YouTube having fun, I’d assume, but it’s one of the weirdest easter eggs I’ve seen.

The discord linked doesn’t help at all. Part of me wonders if it’s a weird social experiment, intended to go viral.

1 Like

It’s due to how YouTube links are parsed, if you garble the watch query it reads everything before the question mark as though it’s a channel name and takes you there, someone set up the channel names watc and wath (maybe more?) And redirected it to another channel and that video

According to one of the comments at least, and a little independent testing seems to agree

can channels link to videos?

1 Like

It would seem so

1 Like

wierd tho yes /666 leads to the link too, but I’d expect you can at least only redirect to your video
 else I would have expected lots of rickrolls with links like youtube.com/channelname

so they have like 3 channels all redirecting to this video hm I hoped it was a YT joke, maybe a minor bug?

2 Likes

Apparently it’s a bit more complicated than that, and maybe not every channel can do it?

giving people top level paths just sucks

same for encrypted-cards all of a sudden you need to disallow users from getting the name /static because I used that for css and whatever

apparently we’re late and the real fun with external domains is over

Sad times when that easter egg is actually something to renew my faith in humanity
 well, not much, but
 if Youtube hosts that as an easter egg, then maybe our world has a shot for salvation. :rofl:

(not that it’s a youtube hosted thing in itself, but it’s still nice to think of it)

Anyone into modding older consoles?
I just found this today. I’ve been reluctant to modify my Original GameCube but just 5 wires to solder and one of my picos, I might try it.

3 Likes

Nothing too hardcore,
I modded my original XBOX and my 360, a RCM & Jig for my Switch and an SD card reader for my Gamecube

I have a number of other consoles but I dont really plan to mod them, Although I have considered modding one of my PS1’s, But most of my “playtime” of old school games are on my Pi 400.

Not a console, so I am not sure if this counts, BUT, I have a very slow project I am working on, which is an original Street Fighter Champion Edition Cabinet, I am adding my Pi 400 to it, and putting it through the complicator, to keep the original Mainboard, Power supply, so I can switch from Pi to Original all of this, even though I can play the exact same verison on my Pi PLUS another ~24,000 games :man_shrugging: , I am also adding hidden cupboards and draws to the cabinet itself.
I actually had a fully functioning “new” cabinet, but got rid of that because I wanted original old school
 It would have been SOOOOO much faster and easier to build from scratch
Which I planned and designed
Oh well, Maybe my next one

My Gamecube mod incase you were wondering

2 Likes

I can’t even remember the amount of Wii’s I’ve modded for people.
I did the Xbox360, was so nerve wrecking because it had to be partially disassembled and connected to a computer and forcing the optical drive into a flash-able mode, and PS3 as well. I have my Switch modded also, but I cant remember where my rcm jig is or where I saved my keys :grimacing:, hopefully I wont ever need them.

I always wanted to to a Street Fighter cabinet, but the bigger ones from the arcade with the big bench on them, anyone remember those?

I’m actually just in the process of ordering one of these

1 Like

Posted in the URL thread, but can someone with an android confirm this Rick roll works on an android?

Original link
https://rebrand.ly/r1ckr0l13r

Disguised link, for research purposes ofc
https://bit.ly/3PWZSPf

It autoplays and doesn’t mute and no ads, with no warning of what’s coming on IPHONE perfectly

Also is it just me, or is that video CRISP AF and seemingly higher frame rate?
edit, yea it’s 1080/60fps it’s jarring compared to the busted YouTube compressed version lol

further edits in impatience
The anticipation is killing me lol where is everyone

1 Like

Worked fine on my OnePlus 8 Pro Firefox Nightly.

2 Likes

4 Likes